[ROM][AOSP][Full Android 6.0.1][v.1.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Otisrhw

Jan 28, 2011
Vermilion
You are the man, bro!! Getting the sheild TV can't wait to try your work on that!

I donated and I would recommend others do to, we don't get this good of support from just anyone! Also the work Zulu99 put into this is not quick and easy!!

Reactions: zulu99

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Hell YES! Thanks Zulu!!!!

Question. Is there any way this can be flashed via Recovery and a zip file? Will TWRP or CWM work on the Nexus Player? Thanks!

With the new TWRP recovery you can install also system.img. But to install TWRP recovery you need also fastboot. At this point, when you install TWRP recovery, you can install also system.img and boot.img. :)

However you can do all that you want in many way. The link for TWRP recovery is in the first post.

Reactions: prozack1983

TheShamsMan

Oct 11, 2010
Taitung
With the new TWRP recovery you can install also system.img. But to install TWRP recovery you need also fastboot. At this point, when you install TWRP recovery, you can install also system.img and boot.img. :)

However you can do all that you want in many way.

KICKASS dude!! Awesome work!!

I will be trying this out right after work and will report back!

Reactions: zulu99

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
This is just great, Zulu, thank you so much for sharing this project with us, there's just no way of going back to Android TV after you try this rom. Are all the functions to use an external storage with apps enabled? No need to flash modified kernel to acquire root as we had to do with lollipop? Thanks again, mate,

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
This is just great, Zulu, thank you so much for sharing this project with us, there's just no way of going back to Android TV after you try this rom. Are all the functions to use an external storage with apps enabled? No need to flash modified kernel to acquire root as we had to do with lollipop? Thanks again, mate,

All ok and selinux is also enabled. so google can't break the balls saying that we are not secure. Also if i think that the real security in android is only with root, because without root permissions, you don't have sufficient permissions to manage and clean up your own system.

For me, selinux enabled is good only because some crap apps can check this to not work. When you hide the root, you are on pure and simple AOSP, so no problems for everyone.

I tested many things, but please test and let me know what we can add or correct. I use it as daily rom from some days.

Last edited:
Reactions: _kevn_

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
All ok and selinux is also enabled. so google can't break the balls saying that we are not secure. Also if i think that the real security in android is only with root, because without root permissions, you don't have sufficient permissions to manage and clean up your own system.

For me, selinux enabled is good only because some crap apps can check this to not work. When you hide the root, you are on pure and simple AOSP, so no problems for everyone.

I tested many things, but please test and let me know what we can add or correct. I use it as daily rom from some days.

Thanks, man, surely will do! In your personal opinion, is this one falling behind your build of LP in any aspects, or it's just as good? I'm flashing it right now, will report this afternoon already about any eventual issues! Thanks once again

EDIT: Tried formatting two USB drives as "internal storage", one of 32 GB and one of 8 GB. The 32 GB one keeps failing over and over, giving me a java related error (timeout).

The 8GB one formatted and worked fine.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2014
The Dish Network Anywhere app won't run. It attempts to open and crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Any ideas anyone? Other than that this is fantastic so far. Thank you @zulu99 !!

Otisrhw

Jan 28, 2011
Vermilion
Can i preinstall apps on windows or would i have to unpack and repack in linux? to clarify I'm looking for a way to install same apps on multiple devices without doing one by one, as of now I have a folder in Es file explorer (android TV apps) and transfer via LAN then install one by one.
Anyone know easier way?
Thoughts helium backup, twrp backup first device and restore from backup on other devices.

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks, man, surely will do! In your personal opinion, is this one falling behind your build of LP in any aspects, or it's just as good? I'm flashing it right now, will report this afternoon already about any eventual issues! Thanks once again

With this firmware i can do all that i need so i adopted it as daily firmware. Everyone can have different vision.
But seem that all work well also if is the first public build ( not the first build in my office :) ).
However not problem, if someone find things that i can correct, i'm happy to help.

Last edited:

Otisrhw

Jan 28, 2011
Vermilion
The Dish Network Anywhere app won't run. It attempts to open and crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Any ideas anyone? Other than that this is fantastic so far. Thank you @zulu99 !!

I'm checking now did you root? I think Dishanywhere.apk checks root. When I do next one I'll try without root first. I can confirm crash with root.

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Don't forget that this firmware is android 6. So to say if an app works or not work, compare with the stock firmware. some apps are not ready for android 6.
But 85% yes.

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Yes, I did root. It worked well with the lollirock 2.1 rooted.

can you post a link of your dish network app. I tested the first that google search suggested, but seem that this is not x86 ready. Not a firmware problem but the app not work well on x86 and houdini don't intercept it to translate. Seem an app problem, but if you post the link i can see better. Maybe i have an old / bad version.

couldn't find "libnmpsdk_kk.so"

Last edited:

Otisrhw

Jan 28, 2011
Vermilion
can you post a link of your dish network app. I tested the first that google search suggested, but seem that this is not x86 ready. Not a firmware problem but the app not work well on x86 and houdini don't intercept it to translate. Seem an app problem, but if you post the link i can see better. Maybe i have an old / bad version.

couldn't find "libnmpsdk_kk.so"
This one workes on lollirock 2.1 lollipop 5.1.1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxRH7_-IDKErOWFyQi13d0ZJN2s/view?usp=docslist_api

dirtsky

AOSP Full Android 6 Marshmallow on Nexus Player.
Full Android 6 v.1.0

Android in TV is not just movies and songs but also millions of apps and games.
Full Android firmware want be full Android Experience with NO Limits.
With Android you can run all standard Google Play apps and also apps made specifically for Android TV.
For the best interaction with Android from your couch i suggest DroidMote, because with it multi-touch is not a problem.​

What's inside ?

Kernel:
NTFS, NFS/CIFS/F2FS Filesystem support
USB Webcam support & USB Audio
ExFat support

Firmware:
Full AOSP firmware with standard Android Launchers. Android 6 MRA58K
Compatibility with many more apps with the classic Google Play Store ( .... Google Plus, Youtube, Chrome, Gmail, Hangout, Skype, Maps etc. etc. )
MTP + ADB (transfer file from NP to PC via usb cable like your tablet/phone)
Unlocked fixed Volume (now you can use any remote to UP/DOWN/MUTE volume)
Bluetooth a2dp external headsets and speakers support
UVC Webcam video HAL
(tested with Logitech C525 for video call in Hangout and Spype)
Arm translation to be compatibile with arm-only apps. Like Netflix and Skype
Support external microphone from usb webcam.
(tested with Logitech C525 for voice call in hangout and skype, voice search in google now, sound recording )
Chromecast functionality

What not working and i'm working on ?
Google camera app can crash. The HAL for the usb webcam is experimental but you can do all, videocall, take photo and record videos with the appropiate app.

Installation:

Download the firmware from this link: https://goo.gl/7Xy1qL

Put the device in bootloader mode:

1) fastboot flash boot boot.img
2) fastboot flash system system.img
3) fastboot -w

To root you can download the last SuperSu beta and install with TWRP recovery:
http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-player/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-8-6-0-touch-recovery-t3114717

To restore the original firmware you can use the Factory Images "fugu" for Nexus Player https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Note:
The remote that came with the Nexus Player will pair and work with this ROM, however it is not sufficient so please refrain from asking questions in this thread about it. I recommend using DroidMote or an hardware keyboard/mouse for realistic functionality. Only directional keys are not sufficient for a full version of Android. I love Android in TV and i use it from 3 years with many Android Tv Box. I made this firmware for my personal use, because i like Android with standard apps UI, that are more accessible, updated and fast. I like a customizable launcher, but specially i don't like imposed limitations made just to protect economic interests of few.

Kernel source code: https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/x86_64/

OH MY GOD! Thank you! I will be testing this out later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Content removed.
    Content removed.
    Hi friends,

Android 6.0.1 is in first post.

Tested many things, Netflix, bluetooth, audio in, Kodi, apps with DRM, Chromecast. seems all ok, let me know

To root use in TWRP the last Supersu beta 2.61+ from http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/wip-android-6-0-marshmellow-t3219344
    @zulu99, I really hope my last post wasnt taken as critcism in anyway. I do love your rom and i bought droidmote for the sole purpose of using it on your rom. I fully expected to be using a keyboard/mouse pad or droidmote before i installed it. I was just responding to other posters and thinking of possible workarounds. Thanks for all your hard work!

Don't worry, and sorry. Some time i write things as generic statement also if i'm quoting another user. I'm little crazy on this :)

Mantein two firmware, one for nexus player and another for shield tv and my apps, with forums, response, email and all others thing is not very simple. Expecially because Android change everything very often and 24 hours in a day are not sufficient :)

But i'm happy of the result for now ;)

p.s.
    Don't forget that i not even speak in english :) But i must support, like others android developers that have apps in google play, also request made in all others languages. Like the Pope :)

i like to joke.
    Some problems that you see on some apps, all coming from one problem that i'm investigate.

I found out what is the problem, now i'm working for the fix.

I hope to solve soon.