By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2013, 02:33 PM |#491  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

All I request is network location. GPS is not required.

Ok, in this case can I ask for just time settings for night mode? Will highly appreciate! Also it will be great to have possibility to link Night mode with offscreen buttons backlight (on/off). Thank you in advance to consider my small request

25th February 2013, 02:49 PM |#492  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

The apk can be found in /data/app, and will be called something like com.vito.lux.apk

I know this sounds crazy, but even after searching the entire phone, i only find the betas from my dropbox.
25th February 2013, 03:20 PM |#493  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh

I know this sounds crazy, but even after searching the entire phone, i only find the betas from my dropbox.

As it's a paid app the apk can be found under /mnt/asec/com.vito.lux-1 (that's the path in my case, yours might be without the "-1" at the end). I don't know though if that apk can simply be pushed to /system/app, as all paid apps have an additional *.asec file under /data/app-asec.

Edit: I think this is new since JB as is discussed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1910605
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jan.ringas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jan.ringas Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 03:29 PM |#494  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Latest update in the play store gives me an error about no SD card on my Nexus 7.
25th February 2013, 04:54 PM |#495  
Thanks Meter: 906

More
Could someone help explain the pollrate new setting? What does it do, what is the difference between that and the period check? Is it how quick the check is acted on? What values are the Fastest, Fast etc.
25th February 2013, 06:08 PM |#496  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teramoto

Is possible to manually activate the Night Mode? Can be useful for indoor use.

I'd like this option, too. Alternatively (for me), I'd be happy if I could just set the color temperature for daytime, like I can for nighttime, so it can be 3400K permanently.

I only ever really used Lux as an easily adjusted yellow filter for my screen. I'm on a tablet with a dock, and I'm happy to adjust brightness with the keyboard, so I don't use the auto adjust. But now I've lost my night mode in daytime. (I've also lost the ability to make it even more yellow by increasing the alpha for Night Mode, but I can live with that.)
25th February 2013, 06:24 PM |#497  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrthas

I'd like this option, too. Alternatively (for me), I'd be happy if I could just set the color temperature for daytime, like I can for nighttime, so it can be 3400K permanently.

I only ever really used Lux as an easily adjusted yellow filter for my screen. I'm on a tablet with a dock, and I'm happy to adjust brightness with the keyboard, so I don't use the auto adjust. But now I've lost my night mode in daytime. (I've also lost the ability to make it even more yellow by increasing the alpha for Night Mode, but I can live with that.)

Check today's update, manual night mode is there.
25th February 2013, 06:31 PM |#498  
Flag Moscow

More
Update: Not confirmed
25th February 2013, 06:33 PM |#499  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraize

Check today's update, manual night mode is there.

Hmm, I must be missing something, then, because I don't see it. Or maybe I don't have the update; should I be downloading updates from somewhere else?
25th February 2013, 06:38 PM |#500  
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrthas

Hmm, I must be missing something, then, because I don't see it. Or maybe I don't have the update; should I be downloading updates from somewhere else?

1.0.3 is in Play, if you do not see it, just wait till it will be available. If you are on last version, you need to switch night mode off/on to see it on after update (and look at Transition period, when not Instant, you will see Night mode only after 10 or 60 sec)
25th February 2013, 06:48 PM |#501  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mpx

1.0.3 is in Play, if you do not see it, just wait till it will be available. If you are on last version, you need to switch night mode off/on to see it on after update (and look at Transition period, when not Instant, you will see Night mode only after 10 or 60 sec)

Hmm, I'm on 1.0.3, transition period is instant. I've rebooted just in case, although I can't imagine that making a difference. Maybe we're talking about different things, though. Night Mode is on, and the color temperature changes as expected if I change the time (although I do still miss the old version of Night Mode, which let me make the screen even more yellow). But I want to be able to set the color temperature to 3400K during the day.

Edit: Never mind, it's changing it now. I guess maybe the reboot did help. Or I was being stupid and not noticing the change before. *shrug* Sorry for the spammy messages! (And for having to wait five minutes before I could edit this.) So instead: thanks for putting this option back in!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)