Thanks Meter: 652

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2013, 12:15 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

Sleep list isn't working on my galaxy s3. I go to sleep list, then add and it says loading, then it returns me back to the menu with sleep last in it.

This never was fixed.

Could someone look into this? I'd be happy to provide additional data, if needed.

16th April 2013, 12:31 PM |#602  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This never was fixed.

Could someone look into this? I'd be happy to provide additional data, if needed.

On my Nexus 4 it's working as intended: after a short loading time a list with my installed apps pops up where I can mark apps I want to add to the sleeping list. Maybe some Galaxy SIII related problem?

Edit: I'm not sure, but maybe you could have a look into your logcat after the failure you described happened? Maybe it contains some information why you don't get the list with the installed apps.

How many apps do you have installed? Maybe there are too many which causes the loading of the list to fail.
20th April 2013, 07:28 AM |#603  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Deleted post

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WibblyW

Hmm. I think I get this occasionally too. Have to open the Lux pop-up control panel to get it to update the brightness.

Getting this on Nexus 7 as well as Nexus 4. Both stock, unrooted, locked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
20th April 2013, 07:32 AM |#604  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

You can teach Lux to react a specific way under different light conditions, whereas with stock you get whatever the ROM's defaults are.

Edit: Oh, and PM be with your Dropbox account email if you want to beta test.

THANKS
The Following User Says Thank You to sam maheshwari For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sam maheshwari Ad-Free
20th April 2013, 09:57 AM |#605  

More
Is there a way to use the locale plugin to flip between screen on and dynamic modes refresh modes?

Also I have tried the force refresh locale plugin feature which does not save when using llama (nor locale) all other locale plugin I have tried so far with llama work fine.

21st April 2013, 02:35 PM |#606  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:

Deleted post

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Getting this on Nexus 7 as well as Nexus 4. Both stock, unrooted, locked.

Me too... :what:
21st April 2013, 04:15 PM |#607  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneyard

I've been using Lux for a bit now and I notice occasionally that it stops working. Upon further investigation, I open the app up and manually refresh it. The lux value would never seem to adjust. I could put my hand over the light sensor and nothing would happen, and vice versa. I went into the debug and it would show no reading for either the light or proximity sensor.

A restart would fix this ultimately.
But today I downloaded an app called sensor test, and immediately upon opening the app lux automatically went back to adjusting my screen brightness. A quick check of debug and it was indeed reading different values again.

Now, I would put this in the bug tracker, but I'm not quite sure if this is a bug with lux or if Cyanogenmod is causing it. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

That does sound odd. I think that may be a weird ROM issue where it's deciding to stop outputting values until another listener is added. I can't explain why Lux would suddenly start working otherwise.

Quote:

From Better Battery Stats and WLD. Overnight with the phone on my bed stand (screen off)

Plenty of wake locks though fortunately it's not figuring high up in the battery consumers.

From the feedback option (taken later this morning after the phone had been charged):

--- BELOW FOR DEVELOPER USE ---
Lux Version: 1.11
Manufacturer: LGE
Model: Nexus 4
Brand: google
Device: mako
Display: JDQ39
Hardware: mako
ID: JDQ39
Product: occam
Tags: release-keys
Type: user

Linked samples (lux):
0 1
35 3
100 12
10000 100

Linked samples (luma):
1 1
255 100

Preferences:
phonebright: 80
responseup: 550
enable: true
camIndexPref: 1
buttonBacklight: 1
minbright: 1
enablephone: false
brightness: 0.0298
pollrate2: 500000
offset: 1
widget: false
fade: true
notifpriority: 1
hasroot: false
maxbright: 100
responsedown: 5550
autoPeriods: 5
lastAutoMode: 2
cammodes: 0
ignorezero: false
persistent: true
autoModes: 2
ac: false
lightModes: 0
interpModes: 0
acra.lastVersionNr: 111
jitter: true

Hardware:
Light sensor name: LGE Light Sensor
Light sensor vendor: Avago
Light sensor version: 2
Light sensor resolution: 0.009994507
Light sensor power (mA): 0.175

Prox sensor name: LGE Proximity Sensor
Prox sensor vendor: Avago
Prox sensor version: 2
Prox sensor resolution: 0.10070801
Prox sensor power (mA): 12.675

I'm going to experiment with the AlarmManager and see if I can work out what's causing that. I was under the impression that alarms wouldn't trigger during sleep.

EDIT: This is the constant I use http://developer.android.com/referen...APSED_REALTIME
It says "This alarm does not wake the device up". So either that app includes 'wakelocks' that occur during normal use of the device, or the figure is incorrect.

Quote:

This never was fixed.

Does it crash when this happens?

Quote:

Is there a way to use the locale plugin to flip between screen on and dynamic modes refresh modes?

Also I have tried the force refresh locale plugin feature which does not save when using llama (nor locale) all other locale plugin I have tried so far with llama work fine.

There's no way to swap modes via Locale yet. I'll look into your other issue.
21st April 2013, 05:04 PM |#608  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash5000

As it says in the quote "Have to open the Lux pop-up control panel to get it to update the brightness."
21st April 2013, 05:09 PM |#609  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:

As it says in the quote "Have to open the Lux pop-up control panel to get it to update the brightness."

I know, but this is not the way I want Lux to work - if I need to open the dashboard every second time I activate the display, there's not much comfort in using Lux...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2
21st April 2013, 05:24 PM |#610  

More
Quote:

Quote:

I know, but this is not the way I want Lux to work - if I need to open the dashboard every second time I activate the display, there's not much comfort in using Lux...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

flash5000, I agree with you - I replied because I misunderstood you comment. I think there's a bug somewhere causing this Lux behavior
21st April 2013, 08:40 PM |#611  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

EDIT: This is the constant I use http://developer.android.com/referen...APSED_REALTIME
It says "This alarm does not wake the device up". So either that app includes 'wakelocks' that occur during normal use of the device, or the figure is incorrect.

Two wakelock monitoring apps report this. WLD and BBS. Both got it wrong? Maybe there's a bug where the alarm DOES wake the device? I don't know how Android works, but could some other process app be waking the device up (partial wakelock) and then this alarm is registered?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2[
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)