Replacement battery owners wanted

Search This thread

b4d5h0t

Apr 27, 2011
Hi ive seen various threads on various batteries but im very interested in these 2300mah and 1950mah standard size batteries on ebay. Anyone had any hands on experience of these and if so are they anygood?

A short comparison to the standard sony 1500mah would be great

Not interested in mugen too expensive for me and i already own a 2600 mah cheapy which is great but too big and ugly.

Anyone tried these out?

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

pielover66

Oct 6, 2011
Look up gtmax 1780mah xperia play battery on amazon. I'd post the link if I could.
Best deal on an extended battery. Significant increase in battery life, fits with the stock battery cover, and its only $5. It's what I have.

SquareBare

Aug 1, 2010
I know you don't want to hear about Mugen Power...

But I will tell you anyway that I have a Mugen Power battery and it gives my phone a full 20 hours of battery life. This is 20 hours of playstation emulation, web browsing, GPS and other forms of very intense use.

This battery is worth every single dollar I spent on it. I makes the phone and consequently me 100% independent of car chargers, wall chargers and other such obstructions.

It is very liberating to know that when I walk out that door in the morning, I can depend on this phone for the entire day. Give the mugen power another look.

Reactions: wraithevolution
I purchased this 2600mah battery from batterybay.net and I simply love it. It works so much better the nthe 1950mah battery I got from Ebay earlier this month. I get a day and half on this thing. And I am a heavy user, lots of gaming and internet usage. This thing was $17 with free shipping, but be warned it took mine 3 weeks to get to me. Either way I totally love this battery. I have not had to charge my phone during the day in weeks, I charge it when I got to bed of course. But Ih ave never had the battery less that 60% at the end of the day. :eek:

http://www.batterybay.net/Extended-...n-Xperia-Play-p/sony ericsson -cs-er800bl.htm

Last edited:

Tarsul

Sep 25, 2011
but youre still missing the point that he wanted a battery without an extra back cover.

wraithevolution

Apr 10, 2010
Oregon
I really don't get some of these requests? A lot of people seem to want a battery that's superior to the stock one, but don't want any extra size, any extra weight and want it very very cheap. If this battery existed, don't you think Sony would have put it in the phone already? Why not contact Sony about your battery concerns? I'm not trying to be rude at all, but until battery technology proceeds further, we have to do what we can with what we have. The big Mugen battery (which I have and use) adds about 6 millimeters in thickness and an ounce or two in weight. My old Nokia 6620 was bigger than this bone stock!! The Mugen was bigger at first for sure but now I don't even notice at all. The massive increase in battery life was more than worth it. Until technology grows, you can't have a battery that's thin, small, light, has a huge capacity and is super cheap. Even with a slightly bigger battery, these phones are still smaller than what we were using just a little while ago.

b4d5h0t

Apr 27, 2011
Cheers for all your feedback, i guess these batteries on ebay are to good to be true. I just thought with technology moving on at such a rate and the 2300mah claims there making these might be a new improved type of slim battery and the purpose of this thread was to see what experiences people who have USED these batteries have had, good, bad or ugly. Its not really for people to guess how they perform and type stuff like you only get what u pay for blah blah... I can guess myself, i wanted some hands on info. I already own a big replacement battery which works great but turns my sleek xperia play into something from the 1990s! Not being rude just trying to get this back on track. Ill try one of these slim 2300mah batteries myself soon im just skint at the moment so i was doing some research first. Ive read a few threads before creating this and it does seem theres alot of people with opinions on these cheap batteries but i dont hear much from people who have actually used them.

I purchased this battery here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950mAh-BST...426669?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5adfc723ed

And it seemed t owork very well for a few days but after that my phone was glitching out constantly. Games were slow and would stutter. I later found out that the battery's output was not consistent. Thus causing issues with the phones performance. I then found the site I bought my current battery from and even though its a beast the increase in battery is totally worth it. I had to give up my otterbox case for this battery and i have qualms with that. ITs too bad you cant get a battery with extra umph in it and keep the same size. IF you do find something liek that remember that the battery will be hotter then normal and the heat will decrease the life of the battery and the length of time it can hold a charge for.

Reactions: CZroe

b4d5h0t

Apr 27, 2011
Nice info. That was one of the batteries i was looking at too... Cheers for that

Erikwithafro

Sep 13, 2011
Phoenix
Does the thicker battery case help with gripping the phone while playing? I don't have any problems holding it, but having that extra grip can't hurt.

To be honest I was afraid of the thickbess of the phone with the new battery cover. But I have found that the thickness does not bother me and when I slide open the controlls to play a game the phone due to the added thickness is a lot more comfortable and I have been able to play for longer periods of time then I could have prior to getting this battery.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Well there is of coarse the posibility of using nuclear power fushion for the battery cells i estimate the eqashion of +2#2.0-#+100=0.11111.000 should be enough power to last one light year of battery use. Oh and no extended back cover will be needed.And i recommend that you do not use your phone to the ear for long periods the sars levels might be slightly high due to the power source.Oh sorry i forgot to mention you need to wear a radiation suit at all times when using the phone and last ov all you must have a 3 mile radius evacuation in place when making a phone call (So there will be no one around to make local calls to i guess). That's about it i think hope i never missed anything out and i hope i was of some help.

Last edited:

Erikwithafro

Sep 13, 2011
Phoenix
I got this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180720751...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2728wt_752

And i gotta say it lasts for ages, overclocked to 2ghz and it lasts longer then stock battery at stock clocks, and the back feels nice

glad i got this instead of mugen, lasts for 2 1/2 days everything on etc light gaming/browsing whereas battery would be about 3/4 day

Just picked up one of these as well. I'll post feedback once it gets here. Have you had any problems at all with yours?

ff7fan4eva

Mar 1, 2011
Manchester
Nope, and that in a way is the problem for me, i'm constantly expecting something bad to happen but it hasn't and the battery lasts for ages.

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950mAh-BST...426669?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5adfc723ed

And it seemed t owork very well for a few days but after that my phone was glitching out constantly. Games were slow and would stutter. I later found out that the battery's output was not consistent. Thus causing issues with the phones performance. I then found the site I bought my current battery from and even though its a beast the increase in battery is totally worth it. I had to give up my otterbox case for this battery and i have qualms with that. ITs too bad you cant get a battery with extra umph in it and keep the same size. IF you do find something liek that remember that the battery will be hotter then normal and the heat will decrease the life of the battery and the length of time it can hold a charge for.

Could you try the Otterbox without the battery cover and tell me if it would fit the thicker battery? Perhaps with the rubbery skin cut under the black shell? I can't because I filed off the clips that attach elsewhere. I basically want to buy a second stock battery door and cut a rectangle in it and, if needed, the rubber for the extended battery to extend into the Otterbox Commuter. I wouldn't want to go without the battery door entirely because it wouldn't route the audio correctly and there is also a gap between the camera and flash which water and other contaminates can freely enter.

Erikwithafro

Sep 13, 2011
Phoenix
I got this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180720751...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2728wt_752

And i gotta say it lasts for ages, overclocked to 2ghz and it lasts longer then stock battery at stock clocks, and the back feels nice

glad i got this instead of mugen, lasts for 2 1/2 days everything on etc light gaming/browsing whereas battery would be about 3/4 day

So I got the battery about 4 days ago and it's great so far! The added thickness is actually quite awesome. Anyone looking to get some great battery life for cheap should pick up one of these bad boys! If you're all about aesthetic and how your phone LOOKS, well that just shouldn't matter haha.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know you don't want to hear about Mugen Power...

But I will tell you anyway that I have a Mugen Power battery and it gives my phone a full 20 hours of battery life. This is 20 hours of playstation emulation, web browsing, GPS and other forms of very intense use.

This battery is worth every single dollar I spent on it. I makes the phone and consequently me 100% independent of car chargers, wall chargers and other such obstructions.

It is very liberating to know that when I walk out that door in the morning, I can depend on this phone for the entire day. Give the mugen power another look.

I got this

So I got the battery about 4 days ago and it's great so far! The added thickness is actually quite awesome. Anyone looking to get some great battery life for cheap should pick up one of these bad boys! If you're all about aesthetic and how your phone LOOKS, well that just shouldn't matter haha.

Your welcome :)

So, I've had great success with two extended batteries that I tried off of ebay. Here are the links, one is a fat and one is the same size as the stock battery.

2300Mah Battery: This one is seeming to do very well for battery life. It gets about 1.5x the original battery and seems to last me all day if not two days with a few hours of gaming and data always on. Straight gaming it seems to be anywhere from 7-8 hours, it kind of fluctuates for some reason, but it's really not a bother.

3600mah: This one is also excellent, especially for those long periods of gaming you want to do. It will last AT LEAST 10 hours if you're having a gaming session with data on, and about a couple hours more with it off. If you're only lightly using the phone (phone calls here and there, texting, light gaming, light web browsing) it will last for about 3 full days. Great battery choice for those who want a lot of juice.

Hopefully this helps some people out! Let me know if you guys have any other questions.