[Q] HOw to revert back from MK2 (ATT SGS4 i337) to MDB or MDL

Should AT&T STOP locking the Bootloader on their S4's?

• Total voters
Search This thread

djmisi99

Mar 16, 2010
Budapest
HI there,

DOes anyone have a solution for us stuck on MK2?

I have the following problems:

I bought this i337 second hand, and it came with UCUAMK2 firmware.

I rooted it with SAFEROOT (saferoot.zip). That worked fine.
But I cant install LOKI, to get the ClockWorkMod, so I can't install Custom ROMs.

Because when I type in the commands in Android Terminal, to flash loki's CWM recovery, it says :

[+] loki_flash v1.1
[-] Loki aboot version does not match device.

SO i figure, I have to revert back to MDB or MDL firmware.

BUT when I open ODIN, and try to flash the official firmware:

1. I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_I337UCUAMDB_HOME.tar.md5

it FAILS in ODIN, so I (try) to flash this:

2.I337UCUAMDL_I337ATTAMDL_I337UCUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5

but that FAILS also!!!!!!!

SO should I install SAFESTRAP?
Some ppl complain, that screws things up, and end up in bootloop, and can't remove this SAFESTRAP...so i dunno if

i should install it.

Does flashing via/using ODIN FAIL==> because my bootloader is LOCKED?

Can you tell me how to Unlock my bootloader????

I need to go back to MDB or MDL, because otherwise I can't unlock the carrier restriction, since I'm on Vodafone,

and not on AT&T!

Plus, I was always installing custom Roms on my S2, S3, and all my other android devices since 2009....sorry to see

that the S4 is

such a headache....

Can you help me out please, seeing how good aof a DEV you are....?

Please and thank you

djmisi

Maribou

Nov 29, 2012
Oklahoma City
HI there,

But I cant install LOKI, to get the ClockWorkMod, so I can't install Custom ROMs.

Because when I type in the commands in Android Terminal, to flash loki's CWM recovery, it says :

[+] loki_flash v1.1

Some ppl complain, that screws things up, and end up in bootloop, and can't remove this SAFESTRAP...so i dunno if

i should install it.

I need to go back to MDB or MDL, because otherwise I can't unlock the carrier restriction, since I'm on Vodafone,

and not on AT&T!

Plus, I was always installing custom Roms on my S2, S3, and all my other android devices since 2009....sorry to see

that the S4 is

such a headache....

Please and thank you

djmisi

You will need to use safestrap.
Loki does not work with MK2 because they patched it in the MK2 update.
At this point in time the bootloader cannot be unlocked.

Reactions: djmisi99

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
The s4 is nothing like previous samsung devices...at least on att, the bootloader is locked, safestrap is your only option.

Also keep in mind, att stated about a year ago they will no longer be supporting phones with unlocked bootloaders...so the problem you are experiencing now can be expected on every new att branded phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ted77usa

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
HI there,

[+] loki_flash v1.1

i should install it.

and not on AT&T!

that the S4 is

such a headache....

Please and thank you

djmisi

There is NO WAY back from mk2. You can flash custom roms ONLY with Safestrap. No CWM no TWRP. Read this guide, it has everything you need to know for the S4. There is nearly 30 custom roms tested & affirmed working. Good luck & happy reading.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

Last edited:

djmisi99

Mar 16, 2010
Budapest
SGS4 AT&T i337 on Stock MK2...jeboo kernel/recovery needed to install SHOstock v3.0 ?

I am very familiar with custom roms and your kernels, from always using them on my SGS2 i777 (AT&T), but i just bought an SGS4 i337 AT&T, on MK2 baseband, and everybody suggested I should install the SHOstock v3.0 for the i337 (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2305752).

Problem is, I am sooooo confused now, because there is jeboo kernels: (Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v3_0a-i.zip, Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v3_0a.zip, Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v3_0.zip, Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v2_2.zip)
...than there's your RECOVERY: Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip

so Im very confused now how I should go about installing our most awesome DEV shoman94's SHOstock v3.0) ROM...==> THAT I DUNNO WHAT SHOULD I DO ANYMORE.....:)

1. Because, on the thread there (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2305752), in POST#1 it says , in the Instructions, that :We must be running a custom recovery using Jeboo's Recovery from Post#4 which is your Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip

2. But how should I run the Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip RECOVERY, if Im on SafeStrap 3.71 (which is a recovery also)???
3. If i flash Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip, wont that brick (or softbrick) the S4?
4. Or if I flash Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip, will I end up having 2 recoveries? Or will I only end up with having only the Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1 ???

5. In POST#3, it says that:
IF YOUR PHONE HAS MF3/MK2 BOOTLOADERS, YOU MUST RUN THE MF3/MK2 STOCK KERNEL. DO NOT TRY INSTALLING ANYTHING BELOW UNLESS YOU HAVE MDB/MDL BOOTLOADERS THAT SUPPORT LOKI!!

So, should I NOT flash your Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v2_2.zip , since I am on MK2 stock kernel/baseband/bootloader....?

Check it out: http://i.imgur.com/cNWijKF.png

7. I mean, what is BELOW MF3/MK2 and ABOVE MDB/MDL? Because it also says, that: All binaries posted here will be loki'd (as signified by the .lok extension).

SO, keeping in mind that Im on Stock MK2 , but also Im ROOTED via SAFEROOT.zip (as you can see in the pic above: (http://i.imgur.com/cNWijKF.png) , can someone please tell me if I should flash this SHOstock v3.0, and more speciafically, WHICH, IF ANY of you jeboo kernels and Jeboo Recovery should I use?

Can I bug any of you to tell me the exact steps on how to get this SHOstock 3.0 on my i337, if I'm on MK2, rooted, and safestrap-ed?

ANy help would be much appreciated

G

GuestX0019

I am very familiar with custom roms and your kernels, from always using them on my SGS2 i777 (AT&T), but i just bought an SGS4 i337 AT&T, on MK2 baseband, and everybody suggested I should install the SHOstock v3.0 for the i337 (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2305752).

Problem is, I am sooooo confused now, because there is jeboo kernels: (Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v3_0a-i.zip, Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v3_0a.zip, Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v3_0.zip, Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v2_2.zip)
...than there's your RECOVERY: Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip

so Im very confused now how I should go about installing our most awesome DEV shoman94's SHOstock v3.0) ROM...==> THAT I DUNNO WHAT SHOULD I DO ANYMORE.....:)

1. Because, on the thread there (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2305752), in POST#1 it says , in the Instructions, that :We must be running a custom recovery using Jeboo's Recovery from Post#4 which is your Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip

2. But how should I run the Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip RECOVERY, if Im on SafeStrap 3.71 (which is a recovery also)???
3. If i flash Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip, wont that brick (or softbrick) the S4?
4. Or if I flash Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1.zip, will I end up having 2 recoveries? Or will I only end up with having only the Jeboo_Recovery_v2_1 ???

5. In POST#3, it says that:
IF YOUR PHONE HAS MF3/MK2 BOOTLOADERS, YOU MUST RUN THE MF3/MK2 STOCK KERNEL. DO NOT TRY INSTALLING ANYTHING BELOW UNLESS YOU HAVE MDB/MDL BOOTLOADERS THAT SUPPORT LOKI!!

So, should I NOT flash your Jeboo_Kernel_i337_v2_2.zip , since I am on MK2 stock kernel/baseband/bootloader....?

Check it out: http://i.imgur.com/cNWijKF.png

7. I mean, what is BELOW MF3/MK2 and ABOVE MDB/MDL? Because it also says, that: All binaries posted here will be loki'd (as signified by the .lok extension).

SO, keeping in mind that Im on Stock MK2 , but also Im ROOTED via SAFEROOT.zip (as you can see in the pic above: (http://i.imgur.com/cNWijKF.png) , can someone please tell me if I should flash this SHOstock v3.0, and more speciafically, WHICH, IF ANY of you jeboo kernels and Jeboo Recovery should I use?

Can I bug any of you to tell me the exact steps on how to get this SHOstock 3.0 on my i337, if I'm on MK2, rooted, and safestrap-ed?

ANy help would be much appreciated

You are making it too hard. You need to be on 3.71 Safestrap to flash Sho's 3.0. You must use default (stock) kernel. You can not flash any other kernels period. And no other recoveries. And no 4.4 or aosp roms. I am not on SafeStrap as I have a MDL phone. So, you need to go the SafeStrap thread and read up on flashing a rom on SafeStrap. There are a couple threads on the subject. Read all you can first and make any backup your phone/recovery allows before flashing. Also, do a clean wipe before installing rom. That may be different then a clean wipe on MDL/Custom Recovery, not sure--:good:

djmisi99

Mar 16, 2010
Budapest
Phone came from the Store with MDL, ( I see it on the Original box: SoftWare Ver: UCUAMDL....
The guy I bought it from rooted it, and loki-ed it... how did that OTA come through, I wonder? Once rooted and LOKI-ed...the OTAs shouldn't come through, right?

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
Sounds like the seller messed up and flashed back to stock. He was probably selling it to cut his losses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

djmisi99

Mar 16, 2010
Budapest

THX,
I just saw that the phone originally came with MDL baseband, its on the Original Box...
I wonder, was it with an unlocked bootloader at THAT time?
ANd the MK2 OTA update locked it?

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013

THX,
I just saw that the phone originally came with MDL baseband, its on the Original Box...
I wonder, was it with an unlocked bootloader at THAT time?
ANd the MK2 OTA update locked it?

Answer, yes & yes. There is plenty of custom roms for mk2 in the All things mk2 guide. You can also upgrade to 4.4.2 Kit Kat now as well. Forget about MDL cause there's no way to go back to it.

djmisi99

Mar 16, 2010
Budapest

Sounds like the seller messed up and flashed back to stock. He was probably selling it to cut his losses.

But if he had it LOKI-ed, that means he was just fine on MDL, no need for SafeSTrap, unlocked BL prolly ... he was free to install CM, GPE, AOSP, PACman and all these ROMs....so why flash it back to stock MK2? I mean, cutting his losses....that's funny...I mean, unless the MK2 OTA from AT&T came forced.... WHo knows...

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
He probably didn't know what he was doing, got stuck, and tried to Odin back to stock. Only he used the mk2 package and not the MDL one.

Stuff like that never surprises me anymore. People don't want to learn/read. Just give me the file so I can flash it.

djmisi99

Mar 16, 2010
Budapest
He probably didn't know what he was doing, got stuck, and tried to Odin back to stock. Only he used the mk2 package and not the MDL one.

Stuff like that never surprises me anymore. People don't want to learn/read. Just give me the file so I can flash it.

I know EXACTLY what you mean, bud...just gimme the file so I can flash it -type ... who cares what's that gonna actually do to my phone...Oh well, there are people...and there's people.... U never know who you get to deal with....
Just ask for a little help, ...why is that so hard, right?
I've been reading up on all I could, and now that I "kinda" get a better understanding of how things lay with the i337 MK2...I can make a decision to flash, and stay stock...
Problem is, I have been flashing since 2009, so I can't imagine owning a droid, AND NOT FLASH IT!!! IT KINDA DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF OWNING AN ANDROID, right? hehehe;)

Last edited:

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
I know that feeling. At least Safestrap is a decent option. I rushed out to grab my MDL 32gb one before they updated their stock.

djmisi99

Mar 16, 2010
Budapest
KK 4.4 NB1 baseband

Answer, yes & yes. There is plenty of custom roms for mk2 in the All things mk2 guide. You can also upgrade to 4.4.2 Kit Kat now as well. Forget about MDL cause there's no way to go back to it.

Yes, prolly could upgrade to 4.4 , but would be needing to flash the NB1 modem, baseband first right?
ANd ppl are saying there is not much SafeStrap versions for KK 4.4(.2) yet, or am I wrong?
DO you know any ROMz like that?

Would it be possible to come back to JB 4.3, once on KK, that you know of?
Lemme know, bud...THX

ANy links.....?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You SOL buddy. Sell the phone and get something else. You will never be able to downgrade

MOTO X SLAPPED
    HI there,

[+] loki_flash v1.1

i should install it.

and not on AT&T!

that the S4 is

such a headache....

Please and thank you

djmisi

The s4 is nothing like previous samsung devices...at least on att, the bootloader is locked, safestrap is your only option.

Also keep in mind, att stated about a year ago they will no longer be supporting phones with unlocked bootloaders...so the problem you are experiencing now can be expected on every new att branded phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    HI there,

[+] loki_flash v1.1

i should install it.

and not on AT&T!

that the S4 is

such a headache....

Please and thank you

djmisi

There is NO WAY back from mk2. You can flash custom roms ONLY with Safestrap. No CWM no TWRP. Read this guide, it has everything you need to know for the S4. There is nearly 30 custom roms tested & affirmed working. Good luck & happy reading.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221
    I know that feeling. At least Safestrap is a decent option. I rushed out to grab my MDL 32gb one before they updated their stock.