[Rom][7-4-12][ZV9]Broken Out Revo 2.0 w/ BlitzKrieg Kernel

Search This thread

I.M.famous XMAN

Dec 16, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
For me, it was like aio easy. Flashed v8 tot, updated to v9, used mt's aio for root, used easy v8 for cwm, flashed latest bo, got vod (vibe of death), wiped everything, still had vod, flashed blitz 3.0 beta. NO MORE ISSUES!! Just dsp manager fc's all the time. I would like to try that out :D

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda app-developers app

Sorry i didn't post any links was at work and at work now. Will add them later.

Reactions: idivorceyou
G

GuestK00134

Speaking from personal experience. I am sure there was a reason that Verizon and LG felt it necessary to release a ZV9 update, and I always like to have the latest software anyway. So I recommend updating to ZV9, then rooting, then installing CWM, then flashing BO 2.0.1.

Other configurations may work fine as well, but that is what I did, and having the latest version of all software can never be a bad thing!

Steps Involved/Walk Through

As far as getting to ZV9, I flashed the ZV7 TOT, then OTA'd to ZV8, then OTA'd to ZV9. I couldn't get unrooting and flashing back to stock recovery with any of the AIOs to work so I just gave up and TOTed it....

TOT Files
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1337386

Best Root Tool for ZV9:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1621625

Best way to install CWM on ZV9:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663364

BrokenOut 2.0.1
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577423

idivorceyou

Mar 24, 2011
thank you everyone!

dbeauch you are the man!

this is for my wife's Revo, which is pretty fine with BO 1.1.

But the crack flasher in me wants to give the new versions of everything a whirl.

I really appreciate the help.

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
I've done it all twice now (flash tot, update, etc), thought I'd mention that each time I had to update to v9 twice for the kernel to actually change

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

gigem01

Jun 29, 2011
Speaking from personal experience. I am sure there was a reason that Verizon and LG felt it necessary to release a ZV9 update, and I always like to have the latest software anyway. So I recommend updating to ZV9, then rooting, then installing CWM, then flashing BO 2.0.1.

Other configurations may work fine as well, but that is what I did, and having the latest version of all software can never be a bad thing!

As far as getting to ZV9, I flashed the ZV7 TOT, then OTA'd to ZV8, then OTA'd to ZV9. I couldn't get unrooting and flashing back to stock recovery with any of the AIOs to work so I just gave up and TOTed it....

TOT Files

Best Root Tool for ZV9:

BrokenOut 2.0.1

This was my exact path as well except I started by flashing to v8 instead of v7. Thanks for summarizing for others.

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011

TOT Files

Best Root Tool for ZV9:

BrokenOut 2.0.1
2.0.1? it says 2.0 for me, and what's different about it?

imnotamorningguy

Jul 15, 2011
Dallas
I've gotten as far as zv9 rooted but I'm having issues getting CWM installed using LG Root. I'm getting permission denied errors when it tries to backup stock recovery and when it tries to push CWM. Any advice?

EDIT: I'm getting this:

Remounting System
Pushing Recovery Files
3374 KB/s (5345280 bytes in 1.546s)

Backing up Original Recovery
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14: cannot open for read: Permission denied

Flashing CWM Recovery
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14: cannot open for write: Permission denied

Rebooting into CWM

Last edited:

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
I like staying current too. I found the changelog for ZV9.

Link
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, VS910ZV9, for your Revolution™ by LG.

Verizon Wireless and LG encourage you to download this update.

Device Features

+ Android Security patches have been added.

+ Picture messages will send properly when connected to Wi-Fi.

+ Joining functionality in the mobile will keep contacts with same or similar names as separate entities for better user experience.

+ Improvements have been made to the Phone application to help reduce unknown errors and force closes.

+ Fixed issue where duplicate text messages were being received.

+ Device will receive Wireless Alerting System messages.

Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics

+ New customer care solution to help improve customer service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.

ScallywagginIT

Aug 14, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
I wanted to also post a link to another tool that can be used to flash CWM after you root ZV9 using the LG Esteem root trick.

I flashed the ZV8 .tot, then updated to ZV9, then rooted it with the LG Esteem trick, and finally flashed CWM using the all-in-one tool from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630821

I can confirm that the tool worked for me. Just an FYI...

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

2.0.1? it says 2.0 for me, and what's different about it?

It should say v2.0.1 after you flash the recently added patch from MT (check out the OP). The patch fixes the issues with Voice Search force closing plus a couple other tweaks to the kernel from MT.

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011
I wanted to also post a link to another tool that can be used to flash CWM after you root ZV9 using the LG Esteem root trick.

I flashed the ZV8 .tot, then updated to ZV9, then rooted it with the LG Esteem trick, and finally flashed CWM using the all-in-one tool from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630821

I can confirm that the tool worked for me. Just an FYI...

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

It should say v2.0.1 after you flash the recently added patch from MT (check out the OP). The patch fixes the issues with Voice Search force closing plus a couple other tweaks to the kernel from MT.

I flashed 2.0.1.... and it freaking removed my status bar

teh Phil

May 17, 2012
I flashed 2.0.1.... and it freaking removed my status bar

That's probably the launcher. I had the same problem, until I explored the Xperia options and saw a "swype up to hide notification bar" option was checked. I ended up replacing it with the ADW launcher from 1.1, as I'd gotten used to the increased customization (5 dock programs, adjusting columns/rows, etc.).

Also:
  • The phone seems to be the most stable (for me) with a 1.6 GHz max
  • BlitzKrieg 3.0 beta seems to be smoother, even after the 2.0.1 patch
  • Still getting the FC for DSP manager, but a quick freeze and it's no longer a problem.
  • Also getting a persistent FC for "com.google.process.gapps"
  • As someone else stated, if the calendar is being temperamental clearing the data/cache fixes it.

Jasbo

Jul 15, 2010
the stock Exchange Server Email client works, but is force closing ALOT! (Com.Android.Email) and immediately afterward (Com.Google.Process.Gapps) crashes and force closes...

Im only seeing this just after configuring exchange to receive my work email...

billney

Nov 16, 2010
I thought I was on ZV9 prior to going to BO2 but apparently not because it shows ZV8. Is there a way to get to 9 without starting over?

Blammo79

Jun 18, 2011
To be safe, I did the following and have no almost no issues on BO 2.0.1, the only issue still being occasional screen freezes.

1) Flashed the ZV8 tot to go back to stock.
2) Did a factory reset to wipe all data (included the internal SD card
3) Used Software update to upgrade to ZV9 OTA
4) Did another factory resent (including the internal SD)
5) Rooted and installed CWM using the easy all in 1 for ZV8 (still works on ZV9).
6) booted into CWM and installed BO 2.0
7) let it boot up and activated it.
8) installed 2.0.1 patch.
9) installed all apps through the market(s), and then used Titanium backup to restore data only.
10) Got phone set up the way I want with ADW launcher.
11) had to flush data and cache of a couple of apps, like Gmail and browser

Overall, its running the best the phone ever has. It is very quick and responsive. Haven't even tried the Blitz 3.0 beta yet. If I find that there is too much lag/FC/vibe o death/reboots, I may flash it, but otherwise, I am loving it!

Thanks MT and everyone else who has put work into the Revo! Almost got rid of it for a GNex, and while I think I want to eventually go the Nexus route down the road, this new update really turned things around for this phone! Great work!

Reactions: Bait-Fish

JasonKnight

Aug 6, 2007
Hamburg, PA
Anyone else having trouble with Bluetooth? Mine wont even turn on.

What I am running in case it matters.
screenshot1341938680685.png

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
Thanks for the detailed outline! I was considering factory resetting along the way. For my peace of mind, was that from the power/volume on start of phone you did that from?
5) Rooted and installed CWM using the easy all in 1 for ZV8 (still works on ZV9).
I am feeling like there are a couple of these. Could you link to the one you used? :cool:

patsoxfan

Jul 24, 2011
Anyone having data connection issues. Mine seems to go off 2 or 3 times a day.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Rom for the LG Revolution!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I hope you all enjoy!!!

What is this?
    This is a very lightweight rom built both for speed and stability. This rom is based off of the latest LG update to Gingerbread 2.3.6. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Almost all of LG has been replaced and as time goes by, I hope to remove the rest. Swype has also been changed to the newest Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog
    v 2.0
    Rom:
    Updated to ZV9
    Updated all Apps
    Updated Super User and SU Binary
    Sony Xperia S Theme
    Replaced Calculator, Calender, and Email with CM7 Versions
    Added a Modified Spare Parts DSP Manager and CM File Manager
    Cleaned Up Browser Bookmarks
    I'm sure there is a lot more I am forgetting lol

Kernel:
    Overclocked to 2.1 Ghz (Does not mean your phone can handle it)
    Added Smoothass and Smartass2 Governors
    Added SIO I/O Scheduler
    Added 2 Way Call Recording
    Many Other Speed Mods

v 1.1
    Fix Problem With 3G

v 1.0
    Rom:
    Based Off of ZV8 Gingerbread
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Heavily Debloated
    Debinged the Browser
    Debinged
    Remapped Long Press Search For Google Voice Search
    Remapped VM Button in Dialer to Google Voice
    Custom Boot Animation
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Power Menu Mod
    Added CMScreenshot to Power Menu
    Accurate Battery Mod
    Center Clock Mod
    Cleaned Up Notification Pull Down
    Changed Low Battery Pop Up to 1%
    CRT Screen Shut Off
    Added ADW Launcher
    Updated all Apps Including Google Play
    Added AppWidgetPicker
    Newest Swype Beta
    Build.prop Tweaks
    Init.d Tweaks
    Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    Added Sony Bravia Engine
    Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads
    Blocked All CIQ Logs From Verizon and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    Must be on ZV8 or ZV9 before flashing!
    Otherwise you will have Sim problems!

1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on BrokenOut!)
    5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    6.) Select BrokenOutRevo2.0.zip
    7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
    8.) Reboot!
    9.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Technical Info
    This rom includes edits to several jar files, xml's and build.prop edits. As time goes more will be done.

Special Thanks!!!
    DRT054 for donating his old Revolution
    majorpay for Long Press Search fix
    Beamer9408 for the battery charge idea and the initial thought for center battery
    Kane for the Clear button at bottom in pull down idea
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Alright boys and girls, here is a little overclocking and undervolting for ya!

http://db.tt/wRYwpwNF

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Just got source for ZV8!!!! Will play with it tonight!!!!
    I am sending MT my Revo so he may continue his awesome work. Should get it sometime this week.

sent from my HTC ReZound Clean ROM 1.4 DE
    Hey guys! Need some testers! First 3 to pm I will send a link. Got the new broken out running on drts old phone got 49 hours on the extended battery and sitting at 34% still! Just need some extra sets of eyes for visual stuff and to test things I don't use lol.