[ROM][OFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 9][TeamChopsticks][RC2 - 7/19]

Search This thread

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
So is this dead?
I just want a stable rom on my phone.
None seem stable.
Sean's ICS became usntable for me after like 1 month, in fact it won't even boot up.

All the GB roms seem like buggy pieces

So why is this dead when it seems this was stable?

It's like none of you people want a useable rom except buggy software that hardly works.
Old HTC evo roms dump on 99% of these roms.
So many roms, why not work together to make a stable one that doesn't blow?
I mean why are there so many roms based off nightlies of GB that are all unstable? It makes no sense.

Jigglywiggly, at some point, if you can't find a "stable" rom, and everything you try is just "buggy software that hardly works," maybe... just maybe...it could be user error?

I mean, I know that all of the kinks haven't been worked out of the jb builds for the skyrocket, but even they are stable. Perhaps you should just mosey back over to the Evo forum and stick with their immaculate creations, or better yet, CREATE YOUR OWN DAMN ROM that is "stable" and doesn't include "buggy software" and then share it with us poor souls here on the skyrocket forums who have yet to be enlightened by what a rom should be, instead of coming here and bashing all the work that the great group of devs here have provided for us FREE OF CHARGE.

Or, you have a third option of going back to stock ICS and dealing with all the crap that att has placed on your phone.

Whatever you do, don't come back here acting like every rom on the forum sucks, because you are wrong.

Sent from my Skyrocket powered by a two headed beast

UZ7

Apr 25, 2012
Florida
I was reading this and couldn't help but laugh. What do you consider a stable ROM. To me if it turns on runs the apps I want, doesn't reboot, has a useable cam and you can make calls I call that stable. If you tried every ROM and its still not stable then you're probably doing it wrong or in the process you were installing ROMs you forgot to delete the one before it. No phone os is stable, even iOS isn't 100% stable and there are people there who worship it. You have an error it hides it under the rug so you don't know you're getting one.

So define what OS you want that you consider stable then you can email the devs at Google to make you one. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Dinman

Jul 22, 2011
on the Road !
Jigglywiggly, at some point, if you can't find a "stable" rom, and everything you try is just "buggy software that hardly works," maybe... just maybe...it could be user error?

I mean, I know that all of the kinks haven't been worked out of the jb builds for the skyrocket, but even they are stable. Perhaps you should just mosey back over to the Evo forum and stick with their immaculate creations, or better yet, CREATE YOUR OWN DAMN ROM that is "stable" and doesn't include "buggy software" and then share it with us poor souls here on the skyrocket forums who have yet to be enlightened by what a rom should be, instead of coming here and bashing all the work that the great group of devs here have provided for us FREE OF CHARGE.

Or, you have a third option of going back to stock ICS and dealing with all the crap that att has placed on your phone.

Whatever you do, don't come back here acting like every rom on the forum sucks, because you are wrong.

Sent from my Skyrocket powered by a two headed beast[/QUOTE

+1
That was well put !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mindmajick

Account currently disabled

625 posts and 5 thanks.. Hmmmmm

any stable kernels that work for cpu oc and maybe gpu?
It's pretty sluggish. I mean really sluggish.

At least it feels stable so far.

Sluggish? I mean, seriously, are you just trolling?

I just can't imagine cyanogenmod 9 EVER being sluggish.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
J

jigglywiggly

LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQ-5uFuDtc

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

nah 2 slow 4 me
feels like crap compared to iphone 5
on sean's rom I oc'd to 1 .728 ghz and 320 mhz on the gpu and 266mhz 2d clocks.
It was faster, it was like 1/2 iphone speed.

This is like 1/50th

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

dolan pls
625 posts and 5 thanks

must be a bug
i hardly ever post at xda

chinthekng

May 22, 2012
Maryland
nah 2 slow 4 me
feels like crap compared to iphone 5
on sean's rom I oc'd to 1 .728 ghz and 320 mhz on the gpu and 266mhz 2d clocks.
It was faster, it was like 1/2 iphone speed.

This is like 1/50th

dolan pls
625 posts and 5 thanks

must be a bug
i hardly ever post at xda

Is it really that fun to troll because if you did all that to your phone and it still wasn't "as fast" or "faster" than the iphone 5 then i think you should just stick with the iphone 5 because you obviously don't know how to work this phone properly

Reactions: Captivasion
J

jigglywiggly

Is it really that fun to troll because if you did all that to your phone and it still wasn't "as fast" or "faster" than the iphone 5 then i think you should just stick with the iphone 5 because you obviously don't know how to work this phone properly

uh the a6 soc is still faster no trollin there

J

jigglywiggly

True. We do not know what we are missing. I would highly recommend selling your skyrocket. They go for $200+
(http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=skyrocket+att&_sacat=0&_from=R40).
And use the proceed to buy iPhone5

And since you began posting here, so has this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdK9bMw1LY&t=9s

onealvideo

Jul 18, 2012
Fort Worth
Just ignore him. We know our device is rocking with either CM9 or CM10. He is just instigating now.

Keep this thread what it is supposed to be for or I will report you to the mods.

Top works too damn hard to fill this thread with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

J

jigglywiggly

Never mind the battery life is poor and makes your phone run hot when idle.

Last edited:

Captivasion

Mar 8, 2011
Never mind the battery life is poor and makes your phone run hot when idle.

You're doing something wrong.

Try searching for "How to install a rom for beginners" and try to be more respectful to our developers and our community. If you can't figure out how to do it right then maybe you shouldn't flash roms at all. You really shouldn't blame your inability to do this on others.

J

jigglywiggly

You're doing something wrong.

Try searching for "How to install a rom for beginners" and try to be more respectful to our developers and our community. If you can't figure out how to do it right then maybe you shouldn't flash roms at all. You really shouldn't blame your inability to do this on others.

dolan pls
this rom is bad compared to the stock rom

JB rom poops all of this one even though those are bad w/ battery life as well but at least they are smoother.

Stock based roms have much better battery life.

UZ7

Apr 25, 2012
Florida
dolan pls
this rom is bad compared to the stock rom

JB rom poops all of this one even though those are bad w/ battery life as well but at least they are smoother.

Stock based roms have much better battery life.

Can you define bad battery life? I'm just confused.

Bad battery life to me is my cousin's HTC Evo which gets like 4-6hours of battery life.

On a regular day I unplug my phone from the night before, get 7-8hours of sleep, only lose about 4% overnight. So starting the day 8AM I have 96% and probably don't need to charge it till 9-10PM. Thats on a regular day, check facebook, instagram, flipboard, twitter, pandora, songza, recording 5hr lectures etc... using LTE and wifi on the side.

If I use LTE and browse the web for the whole day nonstop (3-4hr screen time) I can probably get 8-10 hours. If I use LTE + Pandora + GPS + Screen on then yeah I get about 5-6hours.

Now I know phones like the new Droid Razr Maxx w/ the 3.3k mAH batteries will out do this but I don't really call this "bad" battery and to top things off this is on stock kernel. With the older CM9 I would use Badass governor and undervolt -75mV and I got a little bit better battery life there maybe 30min-1hr more.

I was actually on CM9 nightlies for a few months and never really had any problems with it, when school started I actually stopped flashing and had 2 week uptime.. (till I flashed again) so 99.9% if you're having problems then either your phone is messed or you should stick with the iPhone. :good:

No point in arguing about phones lol... like little kids.. my phone is better! no my phone! oh yeah? I can make calls!.. oh yeah I can text people and listen to music at the same time! yeahh yehhaa! :eek:

J

jigglywiggly

Battery lasts like 8 hours, and I was using it for about 2.

The phone was physically hot the whole time though.

plasticglock

Mar 4, 2011
Texas
You know what's great about the gsm Galaxy Nexus forum? Nobody does useless complaining like this. I urge all (almost all) of you to look into getting a Nexus device. The forums are great as well as the device and software.

My wife has a Skyrocket. I installed cm9 because of problems with the stock software. Since doing so (correctly) the phone now lasts all day no matter how much she uses it. Its faster, no doubt due to the lighter interface and not so much due to the 1800 MHz overclock. Yes her phone is overclocked on cm9 and improved the battery life over the stock rom by a sizeable margin. If you cannot achieve the same results you need not criticize the developer. He has done his job well and he knows it. My wife and I know it too.

Good luck in your endeavors gentlemen.

Bacon- Gnex- Tapatalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, so some issues still exist. Please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IRC SUPPORT:
    Join us in #teamchopsticks on Freenode IRC network.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Good news:

The CyanogenMod team committed the lockscreen shortcuts and themes chooser features to the mainline. They are pretty cool, although a little rough around the edges. Our next release will include these.

When is the next release? Not sure yet. Still working on the major bugs.
    This is my build, i do not take responsibility for any bricks or issues. It flashed fine for me.
    Top if you want this file removed tell me and i will take it down.

Yes im part of team wafflehouse if you see it in the download link, but this is all teamchopsticks work.

This is PRE alpha3. NOT an official release, expect it to not have ALL the alpha3 fixes.

http://d-h.st/h0w