Need help with recovery twrp

Search This thread

bobbymacy

Apr 29, 2014
I unlocked the boot loader, then I rebooted my phone, then rebooted into recovery mode. Once I install either a custom rom, or supersu, even if it works to install, once i try to reboot, it only reboots to TWRP. Even when I reboot to system it still does that. Is my phone just bricked?

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
I unlocked the boot loader, then I rebooted my phone, then rebooted into recovery mode. Once I install either a custom rom, or supersu, even if it works to install, once i try to reboot, it only reboots to TWRP. Even when I reboot to system it still does that. Is my phone just bricked?

No its not bricked.. maybe soft bricked, but not bricked bricked :) how are you flashing recovery? are you using
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
or
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
2nd way is incorrect. Try
fastboot erase cache
then boot to twrp and flash rom and let me know what happens. Make sure you are using correct gsm twrp if you are on an att phone.

Last edited:

joyrida12

Apr 6, 2014
Houston
He probably followed these instructions here which direct you to flash twrp to boot instead of recovery just like you said above.

I don't know why he leaves it up there like that but seeing as it's the first link on Google when you search "root att HTC one m8" , he needs to change it cause I'm sure it's causing plenty of headaches.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bobbymacy

Apr 29, 2014
No its not bricked.. maybe soft bricked, but not bricked bricked :) how are you flashing recovery? are you using
or
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
2nd way is incorrect. Try
fastboot erase cache
then boot to twrp and flash rom and let me know what happens. Make sure you are using correct gsm twrp if you are on an att phone.

I did
./fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
because I'm using mac. I didn't erase the cache though. Also on twrp, it says my phone has no os, and installing a custom rom failed to install.