[SM-P905][SM-P907A] Debloating bloatware after rooting + Power On sound removal

Search This thread
Thank you. I will return with the name once I find it.

Hi, the app is called Pinboard.apk and I found it under the folder /system/priv-app.

Both the files pinboard.apk.bac and pinboard.odex.bac I renamed to pinboard.apk and pinboard.odex, respectively.

I left the files in the same folder /system/priv-app, rebooted and the Scrapbook is now working in Air Command.

jairbj

Jul 26, 2013
Hi friends, does anyone tryed in SM-P905M?
Baseband: P905MUBUANC1

Sent from my SM-P905M using Tapatalk

YungMikael

Jul 25, 2015
Samsung Note 12.2 Verizon Model LTE (P905V)

I also have the p905v. will this work? i dont know how to attach files on xda but i see the user above already did! Thanks!

OngL

Aug 29, 2011
Does this suppose to work in lollipop? I have upgraded my Note Pro 12.12 to 5.0.2 and answer Y to the first option - I saw all files not found.

Has this been tested/approved with the Verizon version SM-P905V?

Edit: OK, I did some checking. I went into the terminal and looked up the files from the script to see if they all matched up. They didn't. Apparently the Verizon version is a little different.

Here is a list of files that weren't where they were supposed to be or not there at all:

1st section (security, firmware, and updates)
/system/priv-app/FotaClient.apk and .odex
/system/priv-app/SyncmlDM.apk and .odex

2nd section (basic Samsung bloat)
/system/app/SamsungAppsWidget_Magazine.apk
/system/app/SamsungAppsWidget_tablet.apk
/system/app/sCloudBackupApp.apk
/system/app/sCloudDataRelay.apk
/system/app/sCloudSync.apk
/system/app/sCloudQuotaApp.apk
/system/app/sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
/system/app/sCloudSyncContacts.apk
/system/app/sCloudSBrowser.apk
/system/app/sCloudSyncSNote3.apk
/system/priv-app/aaIgnite_1.5.15_singtel.apk
/system/priv-app/weplay_1.3.162.apk
/system/priv-app/SamsungApps_Tablet.apk
/system/priv-app/sCloudBackupProvider.apk

(some of the sCloud apps were found in /system/priv-app/ rather than /system/app/, but sCloudBackupApp.apk and sCloudSyncContacts.apk were nowhere to be found)

3rd section (aggressive Samsung bloat)
/system/app/GearManagerStub.apk

4th section (3rd Party Bloat)
/system/app/Dropbox.apk
/system/app/DropboxOOBE.apk
/system/app/Evernote.apk
/system/app/RemotePC.apk
/system/app/Twitter.apk
/system/app/line-4.0.1-release-20140207001511.apk

5th section (Google bloat)
/system/app/GoogleSearchWidget2.apk and .odex

I didn't search for all of the missing files, since I didn't want to turn off the Google bloat or most of the 3rd party bloat. But I did search for the security/firmware/software update files. They were nowhere on the tablet.

Last edited:
Reactions: najoor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
    ** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **​
    ** These scripts are written for Kitkat. Do not use on Lollipop. **​
    What is new (9/7/2014)

Version 4 provides more Samsung bloat removal, Google bloat removal, and as a bonus it can disable the power on sound.

Background

Samsung has a program running on most of its devices that pushes "Security Updates" onto the device. If you make the mistake of accepting this security update, even after you root your tablet, it will patch the hole and you will never be able to use towelroot or any other know exploit as of June 2014 to root your it again. So this must be immediately disabled after a successful rooting.

Your tablet is also equipped with Knox. One component of Knox is in the bootloader and checks the integrity of the recovery and kernel. If it sees anything has changed at that level it trips the knox flag immediately, which is irreversible. That component can almost never be touched. The second component runs when the OS is up and running and its main task is to monitor the activities of the apps in your system and shut them down if they act "suspiciously". When you are rooted and install SuperSU, this element of Knox keeps detecting the background root activities and shuts them down and gives you warnings. There is therefore a high level of risk there if you let root and knox exist concurrently. So after rooting, this second component of Knox should normally be disabled.

Finally, there are useless junk apps that most of us agree Samsung should have never shipped with the tablet, or even if they are useful we want them gone to get a better battery life.

I will call all of the above (updaters, Knox, and useles junk) bloatware. The scripts attached here can disable or enable the bloatware on your tablet, which comes in handy if you do not have Titanium Backup Pro to freeze or remove bloatware. And since someone will ask at some point, no, it won't trip your Knox!

Please read below and understand what this script disables before you use it. There may be an app on the list that you may actually want to keep.

Requirements:

Rooted Samsung Note Pro 12.2, SM-P905 international model.
    Android Terminal Emulator: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en

The international version (P905) is tested with baseband P905XXUANA7, build P905XXUANC3 .
    The ATT version (P907A) is tested with build KOT49H.P907AUCU1AND7 (thanks to @gerard0986 for testing the script)
    Makes sure you download the version that is suitable for your tablet. It may work to varying extents for other models and firmwares.You try and tell me :)

If you are using models other than P905 or P907A, I can make a new script for you if you provide me with a "ls -R -l" dump of your /system, or even better, if you post your firmware somewhere online.

Download link:

Attached below

Instructions:

Generally speaking, you should always have a Nandroid backup before trying anything new. Also have a flashable ROM handy. I am not responsible if you brick your device while using these scripts.

To debloat:
    1- Unzip the attachment and copy debloat.sh to your phone at /sdcard
    2- Run the terminal emulator and type the following:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    sh debloat.sh
    3- Choose what you want to disable, or exit.
    4- If you choose not to exit, the code does its thing and reboots your tablet. The bloat is gone now

To restore the bloatware:
    1- Unzip the attachment and copy enbloat.sh to your phone at /sdcard
    2- Run the terminal emulator and type the following:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    sh enbloat.sh
    3- The code will warn you:
    Are you sure you want to restore the security/firmware/software updaters, and Knox?
    They may immediately patch your system and make the existing root methods impossible to apply.

Then you can choose what to enable, or just exit.
    4- If you choose not to exit, the code does its thing and reboots your tablet. The bloat is back now

Note that while running the debloat script you may get force-closing popups. This is normal; after all you are disabling these applications!

Limitations:

If you have previously removed bloat using other means this script CANNOT recover it for you. enbloat.sh can only restore what debloat.sh has disabled.

If you have debloated using an older version of this code and you want to try a newer version of it, first use enbloat from the older version to return everything to the original configuration and then use the newer version.

When you are restoring the bloat, it is best to enable "airplane mode" so that your tablet does not try to patch your system with a security update without your knowledge. You can disable the airplane mode after you debloat again.
    Change log

V5:

Typos fixed.

=============

V4:

Option to disable all Google services except Youtube, search, map, and TTS
    Option to disable/enable Power on sound

=============

V3:

The scripts give separate options to enable/disable these groups of bloatware:
    1- Updater/knox
    Firmware Upgrader, Local FOTA, Security Manager, FOTA Client, Security Update Client, Samsung Push Client, Samsung Software Update, Knox and its related apps
    2- Samsung bloat
    ANT, Blurb, ELM Agent, Samsung Apps apk and widget, Job Manager, Samsung cloud backup files, Context Provider, S Finder, S Voice, Samsung Account Service, aaIgnite_1.5.15_singtel, weplay_1.3.162, PCWClientS18
    3- Other bloatware
    Accuweather, Bloomberg, Dropbox, Evernote, Flipboard, NY Times, Remote PC, ,Travel Service, Twitter, WebEx, Line, Pinboard Scratch book, SNS, eMeeting

=============

V2:

The scripts give options to enable/disable updater/knox and other bloatware separately.
    Added these to the disable list of V1:
    SecurityManagerService, aaIgnite_1.5.15_singtel, weplay_1.3.162

=============

V1:

The script disables the following:
    Firmware Upgrader, Local FOTA, FOTA Client, Security Update Client, Samsung Push Client, Samsung Software Update, Knox and related apps, ANT, Blurb, ELM Agent, Remote PC, Samsung Apps apk and widget,Travel Service, Twitter, WebEx, Line, Samsung cloud backup files
    PCWClientS18, Scratch book, S Finder, SNS, Samsung Account, eMeeting
    Would this work for the T-900 version too?

I think the only existing models are SM-P900, SM-P905, SM-P907A and SM-P905V. I don't know what T-900 is.

If you are referring to model P900 (wifi only) this code may partially work but a lot of files are different between the two models so the outcome is a partial debloat. If you want, you can make a system dump file as I suggested in this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55029414&postcount=5 and send it to me so I can make a custom code for you.

Edit: It appears that T900 is the Tab pro model which is a different device. This thread is for Note pro 12.2 and since I do not own a Tab Pro I cannot answer this question. Perhaps help can be found in the XDA's Tab Pro forum at http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-pro-12-10-8. or try these scripts as they are and see if it works for you.
    What do I need to get the info required to get a script made for the sm-p907a model? I read above post but the list of things required were above my head lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using XDA Free mobile app

1- What is your firmware version?

2- Open the terminal emulator and type the following commands in there:

su
    cd /system
    ls -R -l > /sdcard/sysdump.txt

Then pm the file sysdump.txt which is saved on your sdcard to me.
    Hope to see a version for the SM-P907 soon.