Deleted System apps keep reappearing

Search This thread

Acidwire

Mar 2, 2013
hi i have a generic android tablet from china (irulu 10.1 inch ax105 4.2.2) thats rooted via shuame and lets me delete apps only with titanium backup but they keep reappearing half an hour later or when the device is rebooted. when i try to delete with any other root app including es explorer it says the system is read only

im assuming the kernel doesnt allow the system to be modified from what ive found on similar threads so i need to flash a security disabled one, the problem is this tablet is obscure so theres literally no custom roms or custom kernels :( id be extremely grateful if anyone could help with modifying the kernel (if its not something extremely hard and time consuming - i have no idea im not a dev) would any similar tablet kernel work on it?

normally id just leave it and disable the apps but the problem is the tablet is running a phone os with both system telephone apps constantly draining the battery quickly on cell standby when its a wifi tablet (able to use a 3g dongle though), using airplane mode with those apps frozen still drains the battery really fast but the 30mins or so the apps are deleted with titanium backup the tablet only loses 1-2% instead of 10-20% in 30mins which is dreadful as its has a 6000mah battery

would anyone be able to suggest a similar kernel with security disabled?

kernel version 3.4.39+
inet_paco@superFAE #3

android version 4.2.2

firmware version: 2.1_20130903

Last edited:

Skillbags

Jan 31, 2014
Hi,

Did you manage to make any progress with this? I have the same tablet as you (irulu ax105) and I'm having exactly the same problems as you with cell standby draining the battery. I can view the system/app directory but it's read only so I can't delete the phone apk's. I've tried mounting the folder as rw but it doesn't work. Have searched all over the net for an answer but found nothing so far.

Thanks.

Hi,

Did you manage to make any progress with this? I have the same tablet as you (irulu ax105) and I'm having exactly the same problems as you with cell standby draining the battery. I can view the system/app directory but it's read only so I can't delete the phone apk's. I've tried mounting the folder as rw but it doesn't work. Have searched all over the net for an answer but found nothing so far.

Thanks.

AFAIK I have read it few days before. There is a system app which restores other deleted system apps after reboot. Search it and remove from Titanium Backup. I don't know its name, but it was mentioned few days ago (5-6 days) in this Android Q&A forum.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction by xda-app
using CWM........Busybox commands........ No I use my hands:D

Last edited:

Acidwire

Mar 2, 2013
Hi,

Thanks.

Unfortunately no I haven't :l, if I do find something I'll update the thread or pm you if this thread gets too old

Ninja Swyped by my Jiayu G3S via Tapatalk 4

Apr 27, 2013
i reccommend you both either buy a dragontouch 9.7 inch android tablet or an ainol novo spark 2 (not spark 1) 9.7 inch tablet and sell the irulus, those two tablets are only £150 and £120 each and are better than an ipad, nexus and samsung tab (not 2014 edition) as they have 2gb ram, 1.6ghz processors and 10,000mah and 13,000mah batteries with retina screens of 2053x1530

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Touch-Pre-Installed-Elite-R97-TabletExpress/dp/B00DIIH6YY

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121257182536?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

both tablets are supported by the manufacturers so theyll get updated to 4.3 4.4 and 5.0 as soon as it becomes available for them and theyre rootable with all system apps deletable