Youtube with 720p/1080p?

Search This thread

lipaaa

Jan 19, 2011
If some one got working youtube app with hd videos working please share,

I using Boat browser (and flash player on) but in "desktop mode" on YT site some videos works and some don't

mabe someone got mod hd YT app working on Gpad

Thanks

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
With root and titanium backup, I just removed the youtube app that comes with stock.
After that I was able to reinstall youtoube from the playstore, choosing version 5.3
That version plays everything perfectly in HD.

lipaaa

Jan 19, 2011
With root and titanium backup, I just removed the youtube app that comes with stock.
After that I was able to reinstall youtoube from the playstore, choosing version 5.3
That version plays everything perfectly in HD.

Ok, thanks for the Info I'll check that

Update,

I don't know what is it but when I play video on that Youtube app (v5.3) when I choice HD (and I know in desktop is REAL HD) is streaming poor quality like I don't know... VGA maybe

from CC to HQ is like from very poor quality to poor quality so that was not my point. I want to play 720p or 1080p videos like on desktop

Last edited:

lipaaa

Jan 19, 2011
Either install flash player and firefox, or dolphin browser and dolphin jetpack or install viral youtube app. Take a look here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579795

Thanks I will tray metod from "Point 3. Install the hacked flash player"

but like I wrote in first post, I got browser (boat) with flash player working

problem is that in "desktop" Youtube site on tablet some movies are playabe on all resolutions even 1080p an looking great just like on pc but still is many videos when you got message "no flash player instaled" is kind of bug or something, I don't know I will try that HAKED flash player app. maybe it will works with all videos on "desktop" YT

and about last YT app, its seems to be ok when i am on wifi, there is Hd maybe not full hd but is ok, before tested on tablet I've checked YT app on my nexus 4 but on HSDPA not wifi and when I am on my provider internet YT app plays videos in worst quality I think. and when switch to wifi is ok,.is not full HD but definitely HD

****UPDATE

haked flash player works like charm with Boat browser now all videos avalible on HD or fullHD in "desktop" YT site works. thats what I'am needed

and that haked flash player app should be "must have" app for tablet:)

Last edited:

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
Thanks I will tray metod from "Point 3. Install the hacked flash player"

but like I wrote in first post, I got browser (boat) with flash player working

problem is that in "desktop" Youtube site on tablet some movies are playabe on all resolutions even 1080p an looking great just like on pc but still is many videos when you got message "no flash player instaled" is kind of bug or something, I don't know I will try that HAKED flash player app. maybe it will works with all videos on "desktop" YT

and about last YT app, its seems to be ok when i am on wifi, there is Hd maybe not full hd but is ok, before tested on tablet I've checked YT app on my nexus 4 but on HSDPA not wifi and when I am on my provider internet YT app plays videos in worst quality I think. and when switch to wifi is ok,.is not full HD but definitely HD

****UPDATE

haked flash player works like charm with Boat browser now all videos avalible on HD or fullHD in "desktop" YT site works. thats what I'am needed

and that haked flash player app should be "must have" app for tablet:)

The viral floating youtube app doesnt support 480p or 1080p because google splits the streams in to. 720p works flawless and it hasnt any great difference with 1080p.

I forgot to ask you what version of android you have, if you have 4.2 jelly bean then adobe's flash player should work with every browser that supports flash playback (like firefox or dolphin). If you re on 4.4 kitkat though you need the hacked flash player as google removed from 4.4 some critical files that the flash player needed.

lipaaa

Jan 19, 2011
The viral floating youtube app doesnt support 480p or 1080p because google splits the streams in to. 720p works flawless and it hasnt any great difference with 1080p.

I forgot to ask you what version of android you have, if you have 4.2 jelly bean then adobe's flash player should work with every browser that supports flash playback (like firefox or dolphin). If you re on 4.4 kitkat though you need the hacked flash player as google removed from 4.4 some critical files that the flash player needed.

Yes i have 4.4 CM11 , like I wroted up, the haked flash work like a charm, but I switch to Dolphin browser because Boat browser do not played all hd videos on YT like I was thinking, but Dolphin does. Overall I think that Boat is beter browser than dolphin, faster, lighter and smoother but is something for something, haked flash player support Dolphin and is somthing in that flash code because videos that I can't watch on Boat are smooth playable on Dolphin.

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
Yes i have 4.4 CM11 , like I wroted up, the haked flash work like a charm, but I switch to Dolphin browser because Boat browser do not played all hd videos on YT like I was thinking, but Dolphin does. Overall I think that Boat is beter browser than dolphin, faster, lighter and smoother but is something for something, haked flash player support Dolphin and is somthing in that flash code because videos that I can't watch on Boat are smooth playable on Dolphin.

I use firefox as a browser and if i want to watch youtube videos i switch to dolphin. Dolphin is not bad at all, its the only browser at the moment which can play flash videos in 4.4 kitkat with satisfactory results and supports plugins just like firefox.

Meisterqn

Jun 26, 2010
Try Og YouTube from XDA. It's a modified Youtube APK.
There you can select the resolution like you do in the webplayer.
I'm running it and it works fine.
The only issue is, that you can't log in with your Google account.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

lipaaa

Jan 19, 2011
For now I using Dolphin with jetpack and moded fplayer, and YT works like on PC no problem with 720/1080p

malikadnanm

Apr 9, 2007
Philly
Seriously... Why is this even a problem. Videos from the YouTube app look terrible. Sucks that we have to find a workaround.

sent from my Moto X

malikadnanm

Apr 9, 2007
Philly
I downloaded an older version of YouTube, 4.4 something and it shows HD videos fine.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm finally getting full HD with the new YouTube update

sent from Moto X