Blacklisted, but unlocked, T-Mobile Galaxy S5 on AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

benihoopla

Jun 11, 2014
Tmo Samsung s5 blacklisted

I unlock phones etc daily ... and yeah if you have a blacklisted at&t phone you Can't! Use it, unless you go overseas ... But if you have a blacklisted tmobile phone you can unlock it and use with another carrier example (At&t, red locket, h2o) with no problem ....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hi, can I unlock it anywhere and still use it? How will I know if it works or not? Is there anyway for them to track the phone down once I use it? I would love to have you unlock it. Where are you located?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Blacklisted ? I clean imei's lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I heard you can't clean the IMEM on the Samsung Galaxy s5 yet bc the firmware. It's too new. If you can I hope you're located in Socal! LMK!:laugh:

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
Hi, can I unlock it anywhere and still use it? How will I know if it works or not? Is there anyway for them to track the phone down once I use it? I would love to have you unlock it. Where are you located?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I heard you can't clean the IMEM on the Samsung Galaxy s5 yet bc the firmware. It's too new. If you can I hope you're located in Socal! LMK!:laugh:

You can unlock any phone (Blacklisted or NOT!) But for example if you have a (AT&T device [Unlocked] you cant use it here *USA* only overseas) But if you a T-Mobile [Unlocked] you can use here *USA* only AT&T carrier compatible .....

Reactions: x017in and kavxops

benihoopla

Jun 11, 2014
You can unlock any phone (Blacklisted or NOT!) But for example if you have a (AT&T device [Unlocked] you cant use it here *USA* only overseas) But if you a T-Mobile [Unlocked] you can use here *USA* only AT&T carrier compatible .....

So if I get it unlocked being an TMobile phone I can use it on AT&T (even though it's blacklisted)? Do I have to go to any special person to do this? Or just a normal unlock will work? I heard that they can't even do the unlock. (The ppl I've called for a quote)

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
So if I get it unlocked being an TMobile phone I can use it on AT&T (even though it's blacklisted)? Do I have to go to any special person to do this? Or just a normal unlock will work? I heard that they can't even do the unlock. (The ppl I've called for a quote)

Yeah just buy the unlock from any website that you want .... couple of my co-workers are using blacklisted TMobile GS5 with AT&T ...

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

locust43

Jul 24, 2008
There is a difference between the IMEI being reported Lost/Stolen and Payment Default... I put my Verizon account on a seasonal suspension, so I thought and stuck my T-Mobile SIM into my Verizon 5S, it instantly was blocked and displayed not allowed on network and same for my friends AT&T SIM.. Turn's out the rep put it on a stolen suspension vs. a seasonal.

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
How will I know if the site is legit?
MOD EDIT

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

There is a difference between the IMEI being reported Lost/Stolen and Payment Default... I put my Verizon account on a seasonal suspension, so I thought and stuck my T-Mobile SIM into my Verizon 5S, it instantly was blocked and displayed not allowed on network and same for my friends AT&T SIM.. Turn's out the rep put it on a stolen suspension vs. a seasonal.

Same crap ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frankiejay69

alwaysmooth

Jun 30, 2014
If your 4 real hit my email up I need your assistance S5 on att

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Any help would b appreciated I'm familiar with roots unlocks exc. Bug I bought a S5 craigslist put in my Sim with straight talk prepaid worked 24 hrs and Sim was blocked called network and black blah blah blacklisted hoe can I change imei and if I can't who can? So any help b appreciated since I'm wat b called a noon

danyell01

Sep 5, 2014
I unlock phones etc daily ... and yeah if you have a blacklisted at&t phone you Can't! Use it, unless you go overseas ... But if you have a blacklisted tmobile phone you can unlock it and use with another carrier example (At&t, red locket, h2o) with no problem ....

Hello sir.Please help out I can't still unlock my samsung s5
lock to T mobile after I dail is code *#197328640# I
only ave [1] to [6].please someone should help me
out.my emal opawoyeopeyemi@gmail.com

mazfish

Dec 18, 2010
montreal
imei blacklisted

tupirujp, can you fix a s5 blacklisted in canada by Bell? I bought it in KIJIJI kinda Craightlist, and after 3 weeks got blacklisted, im really frustrated, the seller dissapeared. So I want to fix it. Can you ?:confused:

My S5 is black listed and working just fine on at&t network. No locked boot loader and rooted all the way. Got it cheap too haha

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

You can't clean the S5 yet...... Waiting on the update lol. I think SPT is gonna get it first

Are you getting LTE and everything ?

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
How does a phone that just came out get blacklisted? I'm under the un ow does derstanding that they only blacklist stolen or unpaid phones. Are you saving their now blacklisting phones from other carriers simply because they aren't looking their bootloader?

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
A phone that just came out could be Blacklisted if it was stolen .. The next question is me asking you what you are talking about ." Are you saving their now blacklisting phones from other carriers simply because they aren't looking their bootloader? What does having or no having a locked bootloader have to do with Blacklisting at all ? Dont really make too much sense at all. People want the Tmobile version because tthe boot loader isnt locked , meaning that you can flash custom kernels and Roms that arent built off stock . The Att and Verizon models have locked bootloaders . There was a patch called Loki that would let you get around it but only if you were on the correct firmware

Last edited:

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
I'm surprised this thread is still open with all this blatant talk of illegal activities.

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
Are you getting LTE and everything ?

yup. without a hitch too
I even flashed an AT&T Rom on to it to be sure.
works great! :good:

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I'm surprised this thread is still open with all this blatant talk of illegal activities.

its not illegal. last time I checked unlocking a device is 100% LEGAL in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

if you dont like the thread move along. simple as that :)

MasterSe7en

Jun 21, 2010
Worcester
I had a blacklisted T-Mobile note 3 that I unlocked and used on straight talk, as well as AT&T it self, I don't think they share the blacklist yet, they've said for a long time now that they do, but none worked fine, however, right now I got screwed and bought a AT&T note 3 that was NOT blacklisted the first two days I owned it, I currently use straight talk using AT&T's SIM as the phone is currently carrier locked, and what do you know, the third day, I lose data and get a "this device is not currently allowed on the network" so it melted my straight talk SIM card, so I tried another, about two hours later same problem, so I swapped back to my m8 for now, I'm currently in the process looking for a T-Mobile note3 motherboard, but if it's T-Mobile, you can unlock it, but cannot use it on a T-Mobile mvno I.e simple mobile, straight talk (T-Mobile SIM) solavei etc. But you CAN use it on AT&T mvnos even AT&T itself, all data lte and everything works, but this is considering you use only your SIM and do not call and put the imei on the account but as far as AT&T note 3 goes, you cannot....waste unless you can unblacklist it, now I have a T-Mobile note 3 motherboard, but I knocked off one of the little micro capacitors so every time iplug it in to charge it says "battery temperature too low, charging stopped" so I don't want to wreck my good AT&T mobo to fix it, so I'll wait until ican find a T-Mobile board in good shape....only thing I really want to know is, anyone know of an unblacklisting or unlocking service for AT&T note 3s that can unlock even tho the imei is blacklisted? Just for the record I totally agree with NOT supporting people that buy or sell blacklisted devices, but dealing with craigslist.....well.. .I had no choice, what do I do now? Throw the note in the trash? Return it to the owner? I doubt he/she will pay me what i paid for it....sigh ...stupid thieves....seriously

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
yup. without a hitch too
I even flashed an AT&T Rom on to it to be sure.
works great! :good:

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

its not illegal. last time I checked unlocking a device is 100% LEGAL in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

if you dont like the thread move along. simple as that :)

I was referring to the talk of changing imei numbers. Thanks though.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Be wary when you buy a pricey gadget off people. They will wait from a day to a week, and then file for insurance, and that technically blacklists the IMEI. Make sure you take the phone to a AT&T or TMo store wherever it is from, and get it checked by them.

To the best of my knowledge, AT&T updates their system with the IMEI on your name, IF the person selling the phone has the phone on his account, by verifying both accounts. After this, the IMEI (device) is yours legit, and the former owner cannot blacklist it in any way.

I do not think TMo allows for this as of 3 months ago. All they do is verify the validity of IMEI to see if its been reported as stolen or not at the moment the check is made. But, if the person is ready to come in to the store for this, it would give some peace of mind at the line is on his name and he should be legit.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Hello sir.Please help out I can't still unlock my samsung s5
lock to T mobile after I dail is code *#197328640# I
only ave [1] to [6].please someone should help me
out.my emal opawoyeopeyemi@gmail.com

Blacklisted TMo cannot be used on AT&T. Period. The reverse may not be true. How do I know this... well... I burnt my hands.

gspears

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix
Blacklisted TMo cannot be used on AT&T. Period. The reverse may not be true. How do I know this... well... I burnt my hands.

This is absolutely NOT true. Some blacklisted TMO phones can be used on AT&T. I'm not sure exactly why this happens but I have purchased a lot of phones, fixed them up and sold them for profit. Some TMO blacklisted phones worked on AT&T and some didn't. Some of these phones worked for years on AT&T and some stopped after a while. It's really hit and miss. I believe it has something to do with exactly why the phone was blacklisted. If it's reported lost or stolen, I believe those go on the blacklist that's shared with AT&T and others, but if it's just a payment problem or account issue it's just a TMO blacklist. That seems to be what's up from my experience. But as usual YMMV.

Anyway, it's a pretty expensive device to be taking that kind of risk with. And like Diablo said, the original owner can report the device at any time and you could loose service. You need to really make sure you can trust the owner you are purchasing from. And that's rare these days unfortunately.

Good Luck!

If I've helped, push the thanks button.

xoxosamie

Oct 15, 2014
I need help! I bought a stolen galaxy s5 for tmobile is there anything I can do?

So far only couple of people are able to do the new Galaxy S5 including me .... well the AT&T at the moment ... I'm waiting for a TMobile donor phone to begin the process ...

But I'm not gonna go into details about this kind of stuff ...

Please help me out.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

How can I get my tmobile galaxy s5 imei cleaned if it's possible. And what carriers can it be flashed to? Please someone help me out. I just bought a phone and I had no idea it was stolen.

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
Watch before they close these page ... unlock it and use it on att or pm me

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So far only couple of people are able to do the new Galaxy S5 including me .... well the AT&T at the moment ... I'm waiting for a TMobile donor phone to begin the process ...

But I'm not gonna go into details about this kind of stuff ...

I am not a goody two shoes - far from it - but to me there is something morally wrong with buying and supporting Black listed phones = just to save a few bucks.

you are in effect supporting the people who stole the phone in the first place - I would rather pay a premium price for a new phone and know that I am not getting a deal because of someone elses misfortune than pay less for a black listed phone just to save money,

If you have ever had a phone stolen from you - I think you would agree - buying a black listed phone is not a victimless crime it can perpetrate the original theft and we should all consider avoiding that....all black listed phones are probably not stolen - but how do you know?

my two cents
    Most blacklisted phones are either financed or reported lost. That's why they are blacklisted by the carrier. I've never had anybody steal my phone or know of anyone who had their phone stolen. Those who default on their payment deserve to get their phones blacklisted but at that point they are out of the innitial $200+ anyway. So if they're looking to resell the phone to recoupe that money, I'm not sure how that should be looked down upon. Meanwhile those who lose their phones and later go on to report it as stolen because they want to get a new phone thru insurance, get no sympathy from me.

Proof again that I very rarely know what i am talking about - - apologies -someone I know explained black listed phones differently to me - your explanation makes sense - I appreciate the clarification.