[APP][May21.v0.29b] High Resolution Wallpaper & Slider Editor [all tabs] Cab Creator

Search This thread

Da11y

Mar 3, 2009
Or you can use Total Commander. I used it and replaced the file's but still
couldn't get the backgrounds to show up.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
This function is actually in the new version of CFC GUI for a while now... but not released yet as I'm missing WVGA device to test it on. Should have arrived two weeks ago but got delayed :(

Though hopefully it'll be out by thursday.

qpasatio

Nov 4, 2007
madrid
Very nice work but it didn't work for me at the first trial
I had to decompress the files, and the two parts don't fit exactly there is a little misaligment.
I'm using onkolog's lite rom

Ati75

Nov 18, 2008
Very nice!! Didn't work at first until i realized i had "mUn_bg4allTabs" installed. But since this also will achive background on all manila tabs, i removed mUn_bg4allTabs and bingo! Works as advertised and looks AWESOME!!

Using Davideucks V-5_HP rom btw.

ISoree

Jun 23, 2006
mmh its tricky

when i'm using your nice tool and overwrite these files, it just looks like i got a dark cover over my picture which i selected in options... any suggestion to this?

maranell0

Feb 27, 2009
Cluj Napoca
the landscape option is also disabled
The landscape option has been implemented in the new version
How do you use the create cab option?
This is still under development
when i'm using your nice tool and overwrite these files, it just looks like i got a dark cover over my picture which i selected in options... any suggestion to this?
As already mentioned, this is the way the picture is displayed on the device.

Ati75

Nov 18, 2008
@maranell0

Thanks for updating this tool. From now a must-have on all the future roms i will be flashing. Tried it and it works perfect, in portrait and in landscape. My HD screen looks gorgeous :D

ISoree

Jun 23, 2006
ok sorry was my fault. Your tool works great! Absolutely!

Was a mistake at my site of the business.

So realy thank u for the nice app

edit: just one little thing... why is there this little break between picture 1 and 2 and why is the background in landscape not that dark?

Last edited:

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
ok sorry was my fault. Your tool works great! Absolutely!

Was a mistake at my site of the business.

So realy thank u for the nice app

edit: just one little thing... why is there this little break between picture 1 and 2 and why is the background in landscape not that dark?

Thats normal... This is why I havent released the CFC GUI version that does this yet, as I've as of yet been unable to test the fix on WVGA. It has been fixed for VGA version though.

Have a week patience and all will be fixed.

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
I have a suggestion to improve this app.

It should support resizing into appropriate files for different versions of Manila.

Basically, we should have an option somewhere to select what version of Manila we want to export for. I believe it would greatly improve usability, since not everyone is using Manila3.

maranell0

Feb 27, 2009
Cluj Napoca
Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to test it for different versions.
Are just the filenames different?
Then, I could make something like "Profiles" which would change the filenames accordingly.

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to test it for different versions.
Are just the filenames different?
Then, I could make something like "Profiles" which would change the filenames accordingly.

As far as I know, only Manila 1 has different names. I believe that Manila2 and 3 have same file names. Because my old files made for Dutty 1.9 (Topaz Manila2) seem to work normally for Dutty 2.7 (Rhodium) and I see that others confirm that they work with latest Topaz from Dutty 2.8 (Manila 3).

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the file names for v1 are :(

Dizzle

Apr 13, 2006
Thank you.

At last! Been fiddling around with a few different cabs trying to change the backgrounds on all my tabs and finally found something that works without disabling or messing something else up.

Thanks Maranello

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Thats normal... This is why I havent released the CFC GUI version that does this yet, as I've as of yet been unable to test the fix on WVGA. It has been fixed for VGA version though.

Have a week patience and all will be fixed.

Thanks Chainfire that will be brilliant if you can fix this minor issue!:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][May21.v0.29b] High Resolution Wallpaper & Slider Editor [all tabs] Cab Creator

This is a small program that will allow you to create high resolution wallpapers for the TouchFlo 3D interface from any image.

Tested on HTC Touch HD, HTC Touch HD 2, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Touch Pro 2, Dutty's Extreme ROMs, Manila v2.0, v2.1, v2.5, HTC Sense
    Portrait & Landscape Mode
    .NET Framework v3.5 required
    .NET Compact Framework v3.5 required for HDWallS

Creating a high resolution wallpaper in 3 steps:

1. Load Image - Press "Load" or drag&drop the image, select crop & resize options or "Auto Crop & Resize"
    - optional: Press "Landscape" & repeat step 1
    2. Create CAB File - Press "Create CAB", select "Include Landscape / Portrait Wallpapers", press "Convert", then "Create CAB".
    3. Copy and install the CAB on your device

- Please select the Profile for your device under "Config". You can press the "Set default" button on the right to make it your default profile.
    If you get a white background, select a "... - No Compression" Profile

HDWall_SS_2_65_small.jpg
    HDWall_SS_Editor_Small_2.jpg
    HDWall_SS_CabCreator_Small.jpg

HDWallS - CAB Wallpaper Browser

- Copy cab wallpapers created by HDWall > v0.24b in a folder on your device, e.g. "\Storage Card\Wallpapers CAB". Copy cab files & the thumbnails created by HDWall Cab Creator, e.g. "MyWallpaper.cab" & "MyWallpaper-P.jpg". If no thumbnail is found, a standard icon will be displayed.
    - Install HDWallS_v0.24b.cab (from the HDWall folder), start the application from the Start Menu.
    - On the first run, select the cab wallpaper folder (can be changed later from "Options").
    - Select the wallpaper and press "Set Wallpaper"

- Install only cab files created with HDWall > 0.24b, cab files created with previous versions & "Restart TouchFLO" enabled may freeze during installation.

HDWallS_SS_1_Small.jpg
    HDWall_SS_4_Small.jpg
    HDWallS_SS_5_small.jpg

Slider Icon Editor

1. Press "Slider" in the Main Window
    2. Select the icon by using the slider
    3. Click the icons on the right or drag & drop .ico or .png icons.
    4. Press "Convert" - the selected profile options will be used.
    5. Go to "Create CAB", Enter "Slider Icon Set" under "Application Title", check "Include slider icon set" & press "Create cab".
    6. Install cab on device.

Screenshot_Slider_Small.jpg

The fine print:
    - Install HDWall on your PC, not on the device
    - Install HDWallS on your device, not on the PC
    - Select an appropriate name in "Application Title" in the "Create CAB" Window to avoid uninstallation of other cabs with the same name.
    - Select "default wallpaper" / "weather wallpaper" in TouchFlo 3D (for some versions)
    - There is no need to restart the device after CAB installation, except for applying the taskbar / softkeybar images.
    - Disable any "background for all tabs" addons, except for the official Co0kieMonster HQWallpaper patch.
    - Disable the default wallpaper for the Home Tab in Manila v2.1 & HTC Sense by removing the data found at HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\HomeBackgroundPath (don't delete the key, just the valuedata)
    - If you get the error "-2147024891" when installing a cab with HDWallS, you can install the cab files manually from File Explorer or try lowering the security policy on your device by changing HKLM\Security\Policies\Polices --> change "0000101a" to "1"
    - Change the start menu background in WM 6.5 from Settings - All Settings - Today, or "right click" on an image in File Explorer & select "Set as background".
    - If your computer screen has a lower resolution than your phone use the "Zoom out" button on the main window
    - On Co0kie's Home Tab v.1.8.5 don't install the wallpaper patch, select "HDWall" in CHT Editor - Miscellaneous - Wallpaper mode, then apply the changes.

ChangeLog:
    v0.29b May 21
    - New: HTC Sense Landscape support for Co0kieMonster's patch
    v0.28b Nov.24
    - New: HTC Sense Profiles for Co0kieMonster's Patch
    v0.27b Nov.06
    - Fix: Landscape Mode in WM 6.5 Profiles
    v0.26b Nov.04
    - New: HTC Sense (Manila 2.5) Profiles
    - New: Rotastrain's Horizon Profile
    v0.25b Jul.31
    - New: WM 6.5 Profile (beta)
    - Skinning of WM 6.5 Taskbar & Softkeybar
    - Added Profile for TouchFLO v2.5 BETA
    - Slider Editor: Added the very popular Programs Tab
    - Removed Folder Browser Component to prevent crashes
    v0.24b Jul.24
    - TouchFLO Slider Editor
    - Selection for standard TouchFLO v2.1 Icon Set
    - Import multipage ico & png icons
    - Conversion of slider icons based on current profile options
    - HDWallS Wallpaper Browser
    - Display wallpaper thumbnails
    - Silent cab installation
    - Select cab folder
    - Works with cabs created by HDWall > 0.24b with "Restart TouchFLO" enabled
    - Fix: Recompiled SetupDLL v0.2b, fix for freeze during TouchFLO restart
    - Improved JPEG Thumbnail Quality
    - Increased CompositingQuality

How to get HIGH QUALITY wallpaper on your Touch HD! by Rozenthal

CFC - THE Manila/TF3D Image Editor by Chainfire

[Manila Patch] High Quality Wallpaper for Home Tab & Manila Start Menu by Co0kieMonster

Slider_Rabbit.png

Rabbit Slider Icon Set - View attachment Rabbit_Slider_Icon_Set.cab - Icon source here.

Slider_DeskToon.png

DeskToon Slider Icon Set - View attachment DeskToon_Slider_Icon_Set.cab - Icon source here.

to support free software :) & don't be afraid to say "thank you" in the thread...

Total downloads < v0.25b: 16360
    This does only work with newer ROMs with a newer TouchFLO 3D version (v2 or v3), it doesn't work if you're using a stock ROM.

Boooooooooooo!
    très grand merci...
    muchas gracias.
    thanx a lot.