Don't like suction cups? Try this for a car dock

Search This thread

Syk69

May 5, 2012
Been using these for a few weeks so far and they're perfect as long as your cd slot is accessible from your dashboard :)

http://www.amazon.com/Mounteks-nGroove-Slot-Mount-Smartphone/dp/B004G1L52Q

It fits snugly and universal to any phones out there and not to mention the mount won't fall due to terrible suction cups.

Have a case on your one x? Looks interesting but i dont use a case only on weekends to the beach. Would it scratch the phone on the sides?

tizzie

May 1, 2012
Texas
Nah I don't use a case myself, so far no scratches

Edit: On the bottom is the only part that doesn't have padding so if you can put a padding on the bottom, you'll be guaranteed to be scratch free

Last edited:
Reactions: Syk69

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010
Thanks for sharing this! I'm ordering tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Syk69

May 5, 2012
Thanks as well! Placed order! Along with the HTC usb cable that activates car dock mode.

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Ive had this mount for about a year now. Its simply the best $20 i spent on a cellphone. Let me know if you have any questions.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
I've had this mount for about 3 months. It's fantastic! I do wish it swiveled up a little more, but that's a very minor complaint. I highly recommend it!

Forgot to add, I use the blue HTC shell case from AT&T which is very minimalistic, and this mount hasn't made even the tiniest mark in my phone.

Last edited:

tizzie

May 1, 2012
Texas
I've had this mount for about 3 months. It's fantastic! I do wish it swiveled up a little more, but that's a very minor complaint. I highly recommend it!

Forgot to add, I use the blue HTC shell case from AT&T which is very minimalistic, and this mount hasn't made even the tiniest mark in my phone.

I do have to agree on the swivel complaint but like you said it is a very minor complaint. My friends wished they had bought this mount before they bought theirs when they saw it lol.

And just to let the people know, my cd slot is still usable and can play my cd's. However I don't really use cd's anymore cause of spotify and my aux cable :p

idealz

Feb 24, 2011
Does this mount let you mount the one x in landscape? or just portrait?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Does this mount let you mount the one x in landscape? or just portrait?

Landscape or portrait. It swivels 360 degrees, so you can easily orient your phone however you like.

I've had this mount for 5 or 6 months, and it works great. In particular, the sides do not block the MicroUSB port or volume rocker on the One X. So you can easily have the phone in landscape for Navigation, and charge at the same time.

The mount is well thought out, and well made. It installs securely into the CD slot, and holds the phone securely. Like others, I wished the ball joint had a little more freedom to tilt in all directions. But this is a minor quibble, and this mount is a great solution for many people.

A couple things to consider before you buy, depending on the location of your CD player, the position may not be ideal. If you intend on using your phone for Navigation, the CD slot location may be too low. Also, you should consider if any important dashboard controls or displays will be blocked. These are usually not considerations for suction cup mounts. But for my car, the CD slot mount is an almost ideal location. Its near the top of the dashboard, so the screen can be easily seen for Navigation. And it blocks a minimal amount of the air vents and hazard light button (still sufficiently accessible).

Another thing to keep in mind, as indicated by the manufacturer, the system of installation may cause the dust guard on your CD player to become deformed. The spreaders on this mount actually tore the fabric dust guard on my CD player. But the mount has hardly ever left the CD slot since I bought it, and its unlikely to come out much. So I could care less.

The best thing about having this mount, my friends keep getting in my car and saying "Whoa, is that phone holder in your CD slot???" lol

Last edited:

methodz

Nov 25, 2008
Is it a quick release type of thing? Can a CD be playing while this thing is inserted into the slot? I might actually be the last person on earth who still listens to CDs lol.

Last edited:

tizzie

May 1, 2012
Texas
Yes a cd can be playing while this dock is inserted and there's a button on top to release your phone.

If you're talking about removing the dock from the cd slot, there's a twist thing on the bottom to loosen the attachment enough so you can remove it.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Is it a quick release type of thing? Can a CD be playing while this thing is inserted into the slot? I might actually be the last person on earth who still listens to CDs lol.

CD should still work, but I think the mount manufacturer recommends against using it while the mount is in place, if I remember the instructions correctly. As mentioned above, its not quick release to take the mount out of the CD slot. You turn a thumbwheel to tighten it when installing, and loosen it to take it out. It takes a minute or so to take it out, then the same to put it back in. If you aren't changing CD's often, I suppose it would be fine.

For putting in your phone, and taking it out, its very quick. When placing your phone in the mount, just lay it in the rest, and squeeze the padded sides into place. To remove you just press a button on the back (which can almost be done in the same motion as grabbing the phone) and the spring loaded sides open up.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts