[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM]RootBox 4.1 [Nightlies][OTG]

Search This thread

dakunesu

Aug 15, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] Vanilla RootBox 3.9.1 Unofficial [3/22][OTG][Per-App-DPI][P

I'll be switching back to PA now. the surface flinger bug is still present in this build and I'd rather not deal with the DPI quirks unless I get the benefit of a fix. I will keep an eye here though, its an awesome rom

Mauijpm

Dec 1, 2010
Maui
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] Vanilla RootBox 3.9.1 Unofficial [3/22][OTG][Per-App-DPI][P

I'll be switching back to PA now. the surface flinger bug is still present in this build and I'd rather not deal with the DPI quirks unless I get the benefit of a fix. I will keep an eye here though, its an awesome rom

I couldn't find that bug. Would you mind showing / telling me how to find it please? Thanks! :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

chivas112

Aug 6, 2011
Munich
That's really great to see, that we have got a RootBox port here, since it's my all-time-favorite-ROM on my SGS2.

Downloading and testing now. Thank you very much :)

Edit: this rom runs great so far and offers an amazing overall experience. USB otg works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Reactions: apascual89

pingguo

Jan 27, 2013
Impressive ROM, OTG Storage works flawlessly for me (FAT32), and unicorn style merges perfectly with the pie controls.

A recommendation to my fellow RootBox users here: Create a link to "Floating Stickies" within the "Notification shortcuts" (RootBox Settings). This suits other floating apps as well.

The only thing that could be improved would be an implementation of xhdpi icons where missing (for example in the dark rootbox theme), and a high-res boot animation, but that's peanuts. ^^ All in all, the ROM looks amazing and everything works pretty well.
I'd like to see the breathing icons, though, which right now seems to be impossible without phone functionality. Plus, my cellphone is a Galaxy 3, which is very unlikely to ever see ROMs like this...

Last edited:

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee

Wow rootbox for the nexus 10! I've been trying a new rootbox rom for my galaxy note the last two days and love it, very excited to see it here, will definitely will try this .

RoloRacer on AOSPA Nexus 10

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee

It seems that updates are going to slow down for a bit. I will continue to update when changes merit it. See the post from Bajee (the rom creator):

https://plus.google.com/107766449895730667621/posts/9pEwTZnwByo

Is there any interest for another all in one type rom?

I think PAC rom would be the other all in one that would be cool to have. Do you know if surface fling-ram eating bug is present on this build/rom? I think that's the mayor issue with the random reboots in paranoidandroid rom.

RoloRacer on RootBox 4.2.2

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I think PAC rom would be the other all in one that would be cool to have. Do you know if surface fling-ram eating bug is present on this build/rom? I think that's the mayor issue with the random reboots in paranoidandroid rom.

Have you tried my pa build? I haven't had any reboots. The main difference is that I compile with the cm kernel.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee

Have you tried my pa build? I haven't had any reboots. The main difference is that I compile with the cm kernel.

No I haven't, I had the jaybob aospa build for a while, but gonna try and see how my tablet behaves with this rootbox for a bit and go from there. I've also tried different kernels but still undecided which is better overall between Franco and KTmanta, haven't tried Trinity kernel yet.

evolishesh

Oct 10, 2010

I've try many Roms and every rom felt that there was something missing, but this one fills whatever it was missing. So I'm content! Thanks for this awesome Rom!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

zamula

Jul 20, 2010

It seems that updates are going to slow down for a bit. I will continue to update when changes merit it. See the post from Bajee (the rom creator):

https://plus.google.com/107766449895730667621/posts/9pEwTZnwByo

Is there any interest for another all in one type rom?
Is there any way to maintain the current RootBox settings and just merge in future AOKP changes? That would be perfect!

Last edited:

apascual89

Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Is there any way to maintain the current RootBox settings and just merge in future AOKP changes? That would be perfect!

Yes, that's probably what will happen. Please let me know I the thread any interesting commits.

pingguo

Jan 27, 2013
After some time of testing I'm still amazed. This is the first ROM which not only has cool features, but in fact doesn't lack anything I want.
That's why I decided to share my experience! Look at my sig. :laugh:
Keep up the good work!

apascual89

Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA

After some time of testing I'm still amazed. This is the first ROM which not only has cool features, but in fact doesn't lack anything I want.
That's why I decided to share my experience! Look at my sig. :laugh:
Keep up the good work!

Looks good. That's the first sig made in my honor :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

USB OTG

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

Navigation Bar Colour

Lockscreen vibration option

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets

Expanded Desktop

LockClock (Chronus)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

Coming from Stock ROM:

1. Root Tablet- Get TWRP Recovery

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Flash RootBox zip

4. Flash JB GAPPS

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Built with stock Cyanogenmod Kernel

Downloads

ROM- http://rootbox.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/Nightlies/manta/

GAPPS- http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Credits/Thanks To:
    * bajee11 - RootBox Creator
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers​
    The next update should be huge in terms of optimization. Bajee has been very busy it seems that the next build should have PUB optimizations included. As soon as it's ready, I'll update.
    I guess we are official then! Yes the goo build should be fine. Let me know any issues.

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk 2
    New Build Up

New Build Uploaded

This was posted by Bajee about the latest build:

Quick Update:

1) Tablet UI FC fixed. Some minor overlapping left to fix.
    2) Pie behaviour Fixed
    3) Ribbon Bottom switch should be fixed as well.
    4) Ribbon timeout and buttons reset will be fixed in next release - thanks to Steve
    5) PA Colours - needs to be fixed
    6) App menu UI Flow - needs to be fixed (3 dots menu)
    7) Notifications Shortcuts FC - needs to be fixed
    8) Profiles toggles not getting refreshed - needs to be fixed
    9)If no one noticed, I merged a new feature from CM - Power sounds. You'll find it in Settings>Sounds
    10) Fix every other minor bugs

As you can see, I'm aware of most bugs but I just don't have the time for it. If you think you can fix a few things in my absence, don't hesitate to send me a pull request. I'll try my best to merge the pull request as fast as I can. For those submitting translations pull requests, I kind of got fed up since you guys were submitting patches that were breaking the builds. Before submitting a patch, make sure you built with it first. The current bugs in RB are very minor IMO but if you feel it's too much for you to handle, then I suggest you move on to something better. And the rest of you guys, enjoy the latest nightly

Info on AOKP Ribbons:

https://plus.google.com/115269193314065531696/posts/Fj38vKBS7Ut