[TUT] Root 2.3.6 Argentinian

Search This thread

dettofatto

May 29, 2006
Roma
ALL THANKS TO Rodrigo José Fuentes (rodrigojfuentes) !!!!!!
NOT to ME!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1606353
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1509095

NEW Root method for Motorola Android Phones

Hi! I just created this thread to let you know that thanks to user dettofatto and me, there's a new root method for Motorola Android Phones (I don't know if it will work for other brands).

NOTE: I tried this method with Gingerbread, I don't know if this will work with other versions.

The method is far from easy, but it works if none of the existing exploits and tricks don't.

Ok, there are some simple-like steps to root your phones:

A) if you have droid pro with 2.3.6 argentinian: http://www.mediafire.com/?aweayb68szubuci and go to 2, if you don't have:

1. If you have an unrooted gingerbread, ask for a rooted gingerbread userdata partition image (aka CG37) with a modified local.prop file and USB debugging enabled.

The value that you need to modify is ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_adb from 0 to 1.

IMPORTANT: The best you can do is to double wipe the phone and then modify local.prop an allow USB debugging, so the data partition doesn't have any of your personal information.

Then you can create a userdata partition image by typing this in the shell (with root access)

Code:

dd if=/dev/block/userdata of=/sdcard/CG37.smg

or

Code:

busybox dd if=/dev/block/userdata of=/sdcard/CG37.smg

and let it do its work.

2. Once you got your CG37.smg in the SD card, you will have to boot into linux (so you can use sbf_flash).

3. When you are in linux, you need to extract the folder contained in the zip that you can download here mediafire.com/?n100jj66130lgra

4. Then you need to copy the CG37.smg and your original SBF (the non rooted one) to that folder.

5. Now you'll have to start a terminal with root permissions, and move to the folder by typing

Code:

cd <folder>

(where folder is the folder I just mentioned, without the <>, you can drag the folder to the terminal if you don't want to type its address)

4. Then you need to resize that partition to 200 Mb, since sbf_flash won't allow you to flash a big image (approx. 1,1 Gb). You have to type this

Code:

efsck -f CG37.smg
resize2fs CG37.smg 200M

5. Then you need to type

Code:

chmod +x sbf_flash

and then you need to start your phone into bootloader and connect it to the computer, then you type

Code:

./sbf_flash -r --userdata CG37.smg ORIGINAL.sbf

(where ORIGINAL corresponds to the name of your SBF)

and let it its work.

5. Once the phone started up, you now need to run this command

Code:

bash finishroot.sh

And let it finish the work.

6. Now you have your phone rooted. You can just reboot into recovery mode and do a double wipe, because the files that we needed are now in system partition.

Info:

Last edited:

LjAPb

Feb 19, 2010
1) Error:

2) When I do this:
I get this error:
Code:
finishroot.sh: line 1: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 2: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 3: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 4: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 5: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 6: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 7: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 8: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 9: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 10: ./adb: Permission denied

Then I finish root on Windows with SuperOneClick 2.3.3

LjAPb

Feb 19, 2010
Sudo bash finishroot.sh....

Sent from My Motosola....

Code:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop/236ArgenEuro$ sudo -s
root@ubuntu:~/Desktop/236ArgenEuro# bash finishroot.sh
finishroot.sh: line 1: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 2: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 3: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 4: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 5: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 6: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 7: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 8: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 9: ./adb: Permission denied
finishroot.sh: line 10: ./adb: Permission denied

LjAPb

Feb 19, 2010
sudo bash finishroot.sh

Correct finishroot.sh file:
Code:
chmod +x adb
./adb wait-for-device
./adb root
./adb remount
./adb push su /system/bin
./adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
./adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
./adb push busybox /system/bin
./adb push bootstrap-1.0.0.5-droid2.apk /system/app
./adb shell chmod 666 /system/app/Superuser.apk
./adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/busybox

When you are in linux, you need to extract the folder contained in the zip that you can download here mediafire.com/?n100jj66130lgra
I attach zip to this message with correct finishroot.sh and bootstrap-1.0.0.5-droid2.apk

Attachments

• Root236ArgEuro.zip
    4 MB · Views: 481

radkyz

Jul 8, 2008
Hoofddorp
www.google.pl
Hi,
could somebody reupload zip tools from this dead link (second point)?

mediafire.com/?n100jj66130lgra

Okay i missed another post with attachment. Well it's quite simple job, but it require a little knowledge, especially linux basics. But could it be possible to rebuild argentinian sbf with modded CM37? After it root will be possible using SuperOneClick.

Last edited:

radkyz

Jul 8, 2008
Hoofddorp
www.google.pl
Hi,
could somebody reupload zip tools from this dead link (second point)?

Okay i missed another post with attachment. Well it's quite simple job, but it require a little knowledge, especially linux basics. But could it be possible to rebuild argentinian sbf with modded CM37? After it root will be possible using SuperOneClick.

Hmm but after flash this 200mb userdata i have only 200mb storage space... How to bring back full storage space?
Well, i flashed jackpot CM7 again, then restored my backup and i have 1,05GB, and i think i had more storage space before, could somebody confirm thattotal storage space on CM7 jackpot is 1,05
GB?

dejamorison

Dec 21, 2006
dettofatto said:
; 2. Once you got your CG37.smg in the SD card, you will have to boot into linux (so you can use sbf_flash).

Can somebody help me with this? Boot linux where and how? On PC? Do I need drivers? Or on phone...? What linux?

dettofatto said:
; 4. Then you need to copy the CG37.smg and your original SBF (the non rooted one) to that folder.

Original sbf? Original rom that is on phone, right?

dettofatto said:
; and then you need to start your phone into bootloader and connect it to the computer, then you type

Please explain this part?

Please please somebody help me about this, I have problems with this Rom (week signal) and I cant do anything until I root my phone...:(

dejamorison

Dec 21, 2006
Ok I manage to root this phone. So I will write down some explanation for future members.
----------------
1.First of all, you must have bootable dvd to boot up Knoppix Linux on your PC.

2.You have to download attachment (Root236ArgEuro.zip) from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26551654&postcount=5

3.Download file http://www.mediafire.com/download/aweayb68szubuci/CG37.smg

4.You need your rom in .sbf format (that you currently have, in this case 2.3.6 Argentinian).

5.Extract Root236ArgEuro.zip in one new folder named "root" and put your rom .sbf file in there and also CG37.smg file in that folder. Copy that folder to usb flash memory (because you will need those files in Linux)

6.Boot up in Knoppix Linux. Copy folder from your usb memory to desktop.

Now follow steps from here in original post (I'll write some notes to be all clear):

5. Now you'll have to start a terminal with root permissions, and move to the folder by typing

Code:

cd <desktop/root>

(you have to find your folder that you just copy)

4. Then you need to resize that partition to 200 Mb, since sbf_flash won't allow you to flash a big image (approx. 1,1 Gb). You have to type this

Code:

efsck -f CG37.smg
resize2fs CG37.smg 200M

5. Then you need to type

Code:

chmod +x sbf_flash

and then you need to start your phone into bootloader ( to enter bootloader:turn off your phone, press and hold volume up and down together with power on)

and connect it to the computer (with usb cable), then you type

Code:

(where ORIGINAL corresponds to the name of your SBF) Instead ORIGINAL.sbf you have to write exact name of your rom name...easiest way is to simply rename your rom name to ORIGINAL.sbf (all capital letters) and code above will work as it is.

and let it its work.

Code:

bash finishroot.sh

6. Now you have your phone rooted. You can just reboot into recovery mode and do a double wipe, because the files that we needed are now in system partition. If your root pass correctly, you will have new icons:SUPERUSER and DROID 2 BOOTSTRAP. Enter DROID 2 BOOTSTRAP; press bootstrap Recovery, allow superuser permision; then REBOOT Recovery; When you enter recovery do wipe user data/factory reset. Then reboot your device. Go to settings/privacy/ and do factory data reset. This should restore your internal memory from 200mb to 1Gb

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: radkyz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALL THANKS TO Rodrigo José Fuentes (rodrigojfuentes) !!!!!!
    NOT to ME!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1606353

NEW Root method for Motorola Android Phones

Hi! I just created this thread to let you know that thanks to user dettofatto and me, there's a new root method for Motorola Android Phones (I don't know if it will work for other brands).

NOTE: I tried this method with Gingerbread, I don't know if this will work with other versions.

The method is far from easy, but it works if none of the existing exploits and tricks don't.

Ok, there are some simple-like steps to root your phones:

A) if you have droid pro with 2.3.6 argentinian: http://www.mediafire.com/?aweayb68szubuci and go to 2, if you don't have:

1. If you have an unrooted gingerbread, ask for a rooted gingerbread userdata partition image (aka CG37) with a modified local.prop file and USB debugging enabled.

The value that you need to modify is ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_adb from 0 to 1.

IMPORTANT: The best you can do is to double wipe the phone and then modify local.prop an allow USB debugging, so the data partition doesn't have any of your personal information.

Then you can create a userdata partition image by typing this in the shell (with root access)

Code:

dd if=/dev/block/userdata of=/sdcard/CG37.smg

or

Code:

busybox dd if=/dev/block/userdata of=/sdcard/CG37.smg

and let it do its work.

2. Once you got your CG37.smg in the SD card, you will have to boot into linux (so you can use sbf_flash).

3. When you are in linux, you need to extract the folder contained in the zip that you can download here mediafire.com/?n100jj66130lgra

4. Then you need to copy the CG37.smg and your original SBF (the non rooted one) to that folder.

Code:

cd <folder>

(where folder is the folder I just mentioned, without the <>, you can drag the folder to the terminal if you don't want to type its address)

Code:

efsck -f CG37.smg
    resize2fs CG37.smg 200M

5. Then you need to type

Code:

chmod +x sbf_flash

and then you need to start your phone into bootloader and connect it to the computer, then you type

Code:

(where ORIGINAL corresponds to the name of your SBF)

and let it its work.

Code:

bash finishroot.sh

6. Now you have your phone rooted. You can just reboot into recovery mode and do a double wipe, because the files that we needed are now in system partition.

Info:
    Ok I manage to root this phone. So I will write down some explanation for future members.
    ----------------
    1.First of all, you must have bootable dvd to boot up Knoppix Linux on your PC.

2.You have to download attachment (Root236ArgEuro.zip) from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26551654&postcount=5

3.Download file http://www.mediafire.com/download/aweayb68szubuci/CG37.smg

4.You need your rom in .sbf format (that you currently have, in this case 2.3.6 Argentinian).

5.Extract Root236ArgEuro.zip in one new folder named "root" and put your rom .sbf file in there and also CG37.smg file in that folder. Copy that folder to usb flash memory (because you will need those files in Linux)

6.Boot up in Knoppix Linux. Copy folder from your usb memory to desktop.

Now follow steps from here in original post (I'll write some notes to be all clear):

Code:

cd <desktop/root>

(you have to find your folder that you just copy)

Code:

efsck -f CG37.smg
    resize2fs CG37.smg 200M

5. Then you need to type

Code:

chmod +x sbf_flash

and then you need to start your phone into bootloader ( to enter bootloader:turn off your phone, press and hold volume up and down together with power on)

and connect it to the computer (with usb cable), then you type

Code:

(where ORIGINAL corresponds to the name of your SBF) Instead ORIGINAL.sbf you have to write exact name of your rom name...easiest way is to simply rename your rom name to ORIGINAL.sbf (all capital letters) and code above will work as it is.

and let it its work.

Code:

bash finishroot.sh

6. Now you have your phone rooted. You can just reboot into recovery mode and do a double wipe, because the files that we needed are now in system partition. If your root pass correctly, you will have new icons:SUPERUSER and DROID 2 BOOTSTRAP. Enter DROID 2 BOOTSTRAP; press bootstrap Recovery, allow superuser permision; then REBOOT Recovery; When you enter recovery do wipe user data/factory reset. Then reboot your device. Go to settings/privacy/ and do factory data reset. This should restore your internal memory from 200mb to 1Gb

[/QUOTE]