[Solved] HUAWEI IDEOS X5 bricked!

Search This thread

yusopa

May 25, 2009
I try my leak knowledge bro. But i can't get back my lovely huawei work for now. Thank for your help bro. I will try and try again until i relly give up.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

Wicio0

Aug 29, 2013
thanks FIshy

Amazing!!!!!
Its really worked man. Blefish you're genius my phone is not bricked anymore now and its working fine.
So i have a question now which rom do you advise me to flash without bricking the phone? and thank you so much.
+1

ill copy your instructions in case my i got bricked

android_paul

Sep 25, 2013
Berlin
wanted: mmcblk0k4.img for Huawei u8860 (Honor)

Amazing!!!!!
Its really worked man. Blefish you're genius my phone is not bricked anymore now and its working fine.
So i have a question now which rom do you advise me to flash without bricking the phone? and thank you so much.

I'm desperately searching for a solution of my bricked Huawei U8860 (Honor) - did I find it? :)

I need help: please extract an image of the mmcblk0k5 to 13 (14 is your internal sd with private data - keep it private!) - Partition of a working U8860 and post a link here!

Thank you!

Last edited:

pete30nz

Jul 20, 2012
Blefish, can you help me root or change my u88oo 2.3 to R/W. I have tried doomlord, superoneclick......... and one click root..... It wont let me use es explorer to copy and paste into image folder either. remount wont mount as R/W.....

Pete

me.tunwinhlaing

Nov 10, 2013
Help

my device is huawei g520-0000 .I face same error boot screen is greeen background and red and blue rectangles after flashing wrong custom rom.I can't use fastboot mode and recovery mode. This is only work download mode but offcial firmware flashing is stuck in about 40%.
I'm not family with ubuntu.
So I don't understand about your post clearly.
where can i see my device is sda or sdb or sdc in ubuntu terminal when .I check dmeg.
Pls help me.

presleyt9

Feb 5, 2014
i brick my huaweiG510

Please i have exactly the same problem,i download an app to relock my bootload and after i rebooted my phone it authomatically turns to a green screen with a red and blue square,which i can't boot into fastboot or recovery anymore.Please am not too clear about the explanation. what is 'dmesg' and how do transform the mmc file to work with the Terminal window? and how can u replace the X as you described.please give me a step by step illustration,i'll be very grateful.Thank you

pragyavan

Jan 25, 2014
I am facing same problem

I am facing same problem but my phone also not identified on linux. My phone is huawei c8815

android_paul

Sep 25, 2013
Berlin
Try it this way : 1. Make sure there is no dload-directory on the sd-card 2. Switch on device while pressing volume+ and volume - simultanious - this should bring your device in "pink screen" maintaining mode. 3. Connect device via USB with a Linux machine - it should be recognized as a blockdevice (/dev/sdc or /dev/sdd or some other "sdX", where X represents the next free index character. Call for more instructions when you at this point.

furyangel

Feb 18, 2012
help

Hi there,

My phone not turning on not without battery and SD not with home and volume+ and power button not with both volumes and power nothing at all not even vibrating when charging I am not sure if it's the battery but it was charged before I rebooted once rebooted it didn't turn back on I am on aurora ics and cwm.

Oh and of course no USB detection since it doesn't power on so I am lost here I have mac and ubuntu no windows..

Last edited:

MahmoudMagdi

Jul 27, 2015
i had the same problem !!!
so i did exactly as u said .... but after restarting the phone DEAD !!!
doesnt open or respond to usb or even turn the screen on !!!
what is the solution plzz ????

Leonelle

Oct 7, 2015
Texas
Huawei G520-0000 bricked

Recently I flashed Huawei G520-0000 using CWM recovery with custom ROM I’ve got it from the internet after too many failure times trying to install official firmwares from Huawei support area (it starts unpack in the step 1 then after a while says failure, I tried many firmwares UPDATE.APP, but it was the same thing, so ended me up using custom ROM), after finish flashing the phone with this custom ROM ended up with starting the phone with green background and blue, red squares in center of the screen.
Now the phone stuck at this case and doesn’t continue booting up only frozen and if I rolled the battery out for 5 seconds then put it back and hold volume up and down in the same time the phone goes to the purple screen if there is SD card (dload, UPDATE.APP is located on the SD), it shows progress and the progress stuck at 35%
Any suggestion will be strongly appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hopefully the mmcblk0p4 partition just got overwritten by the recovery and nothing else is touched, but let's see. I am not very clear about this as the recovery file is about 5M size, but the mmcblk0p4 holds only 1KiB.

1. Download this file: mmcblk0p4.img
    2. Turn on your phone to the pink/blue screen & connect to PC.
    3. Open Terminal (Ctrl-Alt-T)
    4. Check the dmesg log (write dmesg). Note the /dev/sdX.
    5. Navigate to the folder you saved the file (cd).
    6. Write in "sudo dd if=mmcblk0p4.img of=/dev/sdX4". Replace the X with the one you got from the log. (If it asks for password, use the one you installed Ubuntu or simply press enter)
    7. Exit the Terminal and restart your phone.

This writes back the mmcblk0p4 original content, so it might fix the device. If not, we will have to dig deeper.

If something is not clear, be sure to post back.
    So let's see what happened here...

You downloaded some other phone's TWRP and flashed it on, seems like it would work, right? Nope. What happened is that the zip flashed the other phone's recovery file (which will not work on your phone anyway) to the phone's EXTENDED partition.

To recover you will need a Linux OS (Ubuntu for example), and I will try to send my mmcblk0p4 for you to flash on (not sure it will work though).
    cd = change directory :)

Sent from my U8800 using xda app-developers app
    It did not do anything. I made a mistake in my tutorial, write in "sudo dd if=mmcblk0p4.img of=/dev/sda4"

CD stands for change directory. By default if you open Terminal it is at ~ also known as /home/<username>. Save the mmcblk0p4.img there, if you don't want to mess with it.

You also got the device (/dev/sda) wrong, check for the latest entries, in your log it is /dev/sdc.
    ==========================
    im thinking maybe you can help me unbrick my Huawei Ideos X3 U8510-1 can you?

its stuck on the logo screen.
    a few weeks after i rooted it the boot loader did not show on start up. i needed to flash my back up as the ear piece stopped working i know this to be 1 of the many bugs i had. the boot loader would not open wen i done power + volume up or down. so in busybox i seen a box called something like...boot with boot loader n i ticked it. it now a huawei logo bRiCk... dam thing. any ideas?

I'm sorry, but I don't know how U8510 boots up, how it's partition is laid out etc. So I can't really help you.