FORUMS

Official Motoblur ICS for the Droid 4 possibly leaked

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By jy3ng4, Senior Member on 16th May 2012, 05:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just saw this thread at droidforums: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...cs-droid4.html

Can anyone confirm if this is legit?

EDIT: Removed link to the update file for everyone's safety. This is not an update you want to install. It will take you off the update path and attempting to flash one of the currently available fastboot files will result in a brick.
16th May 2012, 06:08 AM |#2  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 315

Donate to Me
More
I pulled the same thing by the cake method earlier today but was afraid to flash a unknown.
16th May 2012, 07:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I tried, based on the instructions on the page, and as usual, cheesecake won't work for me. I get the "account needed" prompt. I'll try again tomorrow.
16th May 2012, 08:01 AM |#4  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Thanks!
I'm downloading it now. I hope this works with Safestrap and I get to keep root. Or at least be able to re-root again. Have to be carefull. Need GSM to work
16th May 2012, 08:22 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The day after I sold my T-Mo Sensation, and the day before I get my VZW Droid 4. Looks like the gods have decided not to smite me today.
16th May 2012, 12:36 PM |#6  
Flag Delft

More
Booted Safestrap. Flashed stock 215.

Can't update to 219 So no wonder I couldn't update to ICS... Here I go again...
16th May 2012, 02:24 PM |#7  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 248

More
It sounds like a couple of people over on DroidForums HAVE gotten this to load. To paraphrase what hashcode said over there, be very very careful with this guys. There are quite a few Razr owners now stuck outside of the upgrade path and unable to use fastboot to restore after flashing an ICS leak. I think I am going to hold off on this one personally. What I am REALLY hoping to see is some improvements to CM9, AOKP, and Gummy come out of this. Particularly the data issues.
16th May 2012, 03:24 PM |#8  
Flag Delft

More
Trying it the Cheesecake way and its downloading. Anyone tried it yet? Curious if Safestrap survived. As long as it works I'll be glad. Hope the different baseband fixed audio over UMTS/HSDPA.
16th May 2012, 03:42 PM |#9  
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Bruine

Trying it the Cheesecake way and its downloading. Anyone tried it yet? Curious if Safestrap survived. As long as it works I'll be glad. Hope the different baseband fixed audio over UMTS/HSDPA.

You are a brave man Try using OTA RootKeeper. It worked with the last update. I would be very interested to see if it works with the ICS update as well.
16th May 2012, 04:33 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Ok guys, I installed it. Voodoo OTA RootKeeper did NOT work for me, and attempting to flash the 6.13.219 fastboot file resulted in a brick.

I would strongly advise not installing this update.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jy3ng4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jy3ng4 Ad-Free
16th May 2012, 05:08 PM |#11  
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMD1

Ok guys, I installed it. Voodoo OTA RootKeeper did NOT work for me, and attempting to flash the 6.13.219 fastboot file resulted in a brick.

I would strongly advise not installing this update.

Really sorry to hear that. Thanks so much for the information though. Did you try the .215 fastboot file? I'm guessing the result would be the same but might be worth a shot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)