FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,569 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,355

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2015, 07:16 AM |#10131  
Thanks Meter: 1,039

More
Is there perhaps a way you could integrate a routine to keep the sd-card free space up-to-date without relying on Android's media store? I might be wrong here and it might be the case on my device only, but there's a stiff delay on updating the amount of free space when deleting files.

HTC Desire CM7/2.3.7
[MiXplorer Skins Gallery] - [2015 DroidSeries Reboot]
The Following User Says Thank You to ltGuillaume For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ltGuillaume Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 07:24 AM |#10132  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltGuillaume

Is there perhaps a way you could integrate a routine to keep the sd-card free space up-to-date without relying on Android's media store? I might be wrong here and it might be the case on my device only, but there's a stiff delay on updating the amount of free space when deleting files.

HTC Desire CM7/2.3.7

same behaviour here.. but i think hootan mentioned in a previous post that if that is to be achieved, MiX has to issue an update media store command on every file operation, which would really slow down MiX and weaken one of its strengths..
The Following User Says Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamelton Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 10:45 AM |#10133  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,669

More
I often backup user/system apps and I need the name and the version number.
If I copy the apk from User apps menu I don't have the version number. If I select Backup after selecting an apk then I have neither the version number nor the name.
BTW I don't need the code_cache and shared_prefs. Would it be possible to add the version number when we copy an apk file from User apps menu? It would be nice to sort out the apk by name instead of package name. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 11:43 AM |#10134  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

I often backup user/system apps and I need the name and the version number.
If I copy the apk from User apps menu I don't have the version number. If I select Backup after selecting an apk then I have neither the version number nor the name.
BTW I don't need the code_cache and shared_prefs. Would it be possible to add the version number when we copy an apk file from User apps menu? It would be nice to sort out the apk by name instead of package name. Thanks!

You just need to enable this:

Settings>More Settings>Custom App Title

I would prefer to have enabled this option by default because of the same reason you want to have it, but there are others who dont want because the list of apps loads very slow, according to them.

I have a Droid Ultra from 2013 and it just takes around 2 seconds.

Enviado desde mi XT1080 mediante Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josuearisty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josuearisty Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 01:52 PM |#10135  
Thanks Meter: 1,039

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelton

same behaviour here.. but i think hootan mentioned in a previous post that if that is to be achieved, MiX has to issue an update media store command on every file operation, which would really slow down MiX and weaken one of its strengths..

Well, that can't explain what I just found out: a restart of MiX does update the free space, while it doesn't update while staying in the app, even when hiding the bar and then popping it up again. I can only explain this if 1) there should be a refresh of this info in the MiXplorer code (without a media storage refresh) or 2) MiXplorer always initiates a media refresh upon startup?

HTC Desire CM7/2.3.7
The Following User Says Thank You to ltGuillaume For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ltGuillaume Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 03:00 PM |#10136  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,628

More
Quote:

Well, that can't explain what I just found out: a restart of MiX does update the free space, while it doesn't update while staying in the app, even when hiding the bar and then popping it up again. I can only explain this if 1) there should be a refresh of this info in the MiXplorer code (without a media storage refresh) or 2) MiXplorer always initiates a media refresh upon startup?

HTC Desire CM7/2.3.7

That's always what I've been doing to update the free space; I took for granted that you knew also...

This is not a biggie, but yes it would be nice if it would be refreshed after file moving or deleting, at least after we hit the "refresh" button... But up to HP to decide if it worth the trouble fixing this.
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 06:35 PM |#10137  
OP Recognized Developer

More
A new build uploaded.

- Fixed extracting splitted Rar files.
- Added an option to "More Settings" to enable Full long file names.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2015, 06:39 PM |#10138  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

HTC Desire CM7/2.3.7

Thank you @ltGuillaume.
I will fix it tomorrow.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2015, 07:27 PM |#10139  
Somewhere!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

A new build uploaded.

I tested both features! Working great!

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to josuearisty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josuearisty Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 07:56 PM |#10140  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

A new build uploaded.

Still exists when you tap to rar or 7zip archives.
The Following User Says Thank You to ogisha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ogisha Ad-Free
25th August 2015, 08:02 PM |#10141  
Somewhere!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogisha

Still exists when you tap to rar or 7zip archives.

Is it that big your file? Can you upload it and send is the link?

Im having no problems now.

The Following User Says Thank You to josuearisty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josuearisty Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)