[APPS][4.0.3+] Stock ICS Launcher, Calendar and Messaging (SMS/MMS) apps!

Search This thread

sickred

Jun 14, 2012
FYI. The Mms.apk seems to FC when sending or recieving picture messages. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

I too am getting this force close when forwarding a message. Also im not sure but i received a picture message and i dont think it was able to download the picture. ill have to test that out. I got ahead of myself and deleted the stock touchwiz messaging app. does anyone have a link for the stock touchwiz mms apk? been trying to look for it but i always get themed ones..

also will this app get updates to fix the current bugs? or will it stay like this, because if it does then ill need a secondary mms app to download picture messages
thanks!

Reactions: Murali_ch21

Kiwyxda

May 30, 2011
Around Paris
I test it asap on my Xperia mk16i, if it do work, you'll be my eternel god ! and I'll think about donation ;-) (at the end of the month now I'm broke)

Edit:It seems to work quiet f***** well !
thank you.
is there any way to remove the search bar in the launcher ?

Last edited:

Murali_ch21

May 24, 2012
Hi Friend, Your work is great. I'm using launcher with calendar app and sms app. All three working very well and i was reading issues about mms in the post. But for me all three are working very fine. Also i like to request you for jelly bean version..... :).

For sms apk to work well plz disable the stock gs 2 messaging app. by going to applications in settings.

The mms issue do exist and yes unable to download the image. Plz fix this. Looking for your support for the apps.

Last edited:

Murali_ch21

May 24, 2012
I too am getting this force close when forwarding a message. Also im not sure but i received a picture message and i dont think it was able to download the picture. ill have to test that out. I got ahead of myself and deleted the stock touchwiz messaging app. does anyone have a link for the stock touchwiz mms apk? been trying to look for it but i always get themed ones..

also will this app get updates to fix the current bugs? or will it stay like this, because if it does then ill need a secondary mms app to download picture messages
thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Plz provide update .

taschetto

Feb 14, 2012
Great! I'm using the Messaging and Calendar apps.

But the Messaging app doesn't show my contacts pictures... :(

Does anyone know why?

sean.trinidade

Great! I'm using the Messaging and Calendar apps.

But the Messaging app doesn't show my contacts pictures... :(

Does anyone know why?

I believe the AOSP Messaging apps will only show the picture that is actually attached to the contact (i.e. from your Google contact) - so if the picture comes from Facebook or Twitter, it won't show.

kato223

Jan 26, 2012
West Jordan, UT
So maybe I'm an idiot but I can't figure out how to run the messaging app. After install I still only have one 'Messaging' in my apps list and it's the stock Samsung one....
What am I missing?

Edit: I was an idiot :) Figured it out.
Unfortunately the app both receives and sends duplicate messages, so it's not really useful right now.

If you go into the default messaging app, goto Settings, scroll down and uncheck Notifications. Restart your phone, and now your notifications and messages will go to your new app. However, the default app will still receive messages, but you will not be notified.

Brown Sista

Apr 27, 2012
New York City
Love Them !

I am using the calendar and messaging app and love them both. The simplicity in design (the white and gray) of Jelly Bean takes a bit of getting used to but I love it now.

The messaging app however doesn't appear to be able to send MMS messages. When I try to send a pic it just says "sending" forever.

Also, when I get a text and press the icon on the lock screen, rather than go to the Jellybean Messenger, by default is goes to the built in Touch Wiz messenger. Does anyone know how to change that?

(Using Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch)

kowcop

Dec 8, 2011
Thanks for the apps.. as a suggestion, I think you should have left the ICS app as it is and made the JB one a new app. A lot of people probably went and deleted their original messaging app and once the new update to JB happens, the dependency on the stock messaging app (that is no longer there) means they probably won't be able to send and receive SMS.

Thanks for taking the time to make these apps. They are a breath of fresh air for people wanting to use the Samsung ROMS but hating the fugly stock messaging app (and calendar)

MasterTB

Jan 10, 2011
Paraná
Can you please....

Do de People APK???
I mean, it's the only thing that I love the most from AOSP over anything Samsung does. The samsung contacts app is slooooowwww and ugly whereas the android default app is great in all ways.

AllyKat

Feb 9, 2010
Vancouver
Thanks for the Calendar and MMS. Both work like a charm. I am using these apps with my Bell S2 HD LTE. The ROM still has the non-scrolling wallpaper issue (even after the update to ICS.) The launcher you uploaded does not load its own wallpaper so this launcher on my device does not allow for custom wallpapering without distortion to the image.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the total lack of ICS apps in Samsung's release of ICS for the Galaxy S2 I decided to compile some of them myself.

This is a fair bit of work, because the stock Android apps won't compile as SDK apps (i.e. a standard APK that you can upload to the market) because they contain lots of references to private data and APIs. Removing/fixing these references takes a while, and in one case was not possible.

But anyway, I have now finished (more or less) three of these apps!

Calendar: Market, APK

calendar-ss1.png

Launcher: Market, APK

launcher-ss1.png

Messaging: Market, APK

sms-ss1.png

All tested on Galaxy S2 and seem to work.

NB: As in the Apex launcher, the widget-adding experience is not totally correct. This is due to a stupid permissions thing. More details in the market links.

If you like these, consider donating to me! I may do more if anyone actually does... but I remain dubious!
    FYI. The Mms.apk seems to FC when sending or recieving picture messages. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

thanks!