CustomRUU for Nike Device

Search This thread

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I have only just managed to install this too. I'm also locked to orange and ended up with a sim/network-lock too.

Now, I will eventually SIM unlock my phone using IMEI-Check, but am wondering that if I did that, would that get around this sim lock problem.

The good news it it does not kill our devices, I've also noticed I get the same sim/network-lock when flashing the "HTC WWE 1.13.405.01 Radio Nike 1.58.11.07 Test" Rom thats floating around, now as this test rom is using a Nike Radio rom and still sim/network-lock the Dual, I can only assume that it is the fact that the devices are sim-locked to start that is causing this error.

When I do get a little more time to play around I will flash the Kasier Radio back to the Dual and give the Kaiser>Dual Wi-Fi/GPS file pack that's posted else where on this site a trial run.

This is all speculation at the minute, although I do think that if we got a working sim-lock free Kaiser Radio rom onto the Dual it will remove one possible cause of Wi-Fi/GPS not working.

I'm sure that with time this will all be possible to do without people risking their devices or wasting £20 or so on a service that possibly isn't needed.

Last edited:

XYPEROX

Aug 30, 2008
Here is an RUU that i patched with guidance from Olipro and Cmonex to not hard reset when it has finished flashing (useful when you want to flash just a splash screen or radio update). This should be used in conjunction with a patched SPL (e.g HardSPL) and shouldnt be used for full OS ROM updates.

At the moment it is all packed as one executable but not in a very elegant way (I currently dont have access to a decent computer with programming tools so i've hacked it together using winrar and a bat file ;) (Olipro Hates me for this)

Have fun :D

Hello, what is CustomRUU and for what i can use it? kan i install wm6.1 with it?
Thanks

marek77

Jan 30, 2008
Hello xyperox please check firs post. This is to prevent reseting when you are fleshing small part of rom like radio or slpash screen or?

Midget_1990

Retired Moderator
Mar 4, 2006
Worthing
Finally got around to updating this :rolleyes:

new version is attached on first post and allows you to choose between hard and soft reset as well as not being a dirty rar + batch script method :p

youngsien

Oct 7, 2009
ok here is my condition:
1. my niki is came from australia with optus carrier
2. it seems like it's been unlocked since i can use any of my SIM
3. want to upgrade my ROM to WM6.1 or WM6.5 either original HTC or cooked ROM
4. still has stock SPL 1.16, ROM Version 1.31.710.12 Radio 1.58.21.23 Protocol 25.65.30.04W

and now here is my question:
1. can i use this customRUU to flash hardspl 1.22 to my niki without hardreset?
2. IF i flash other ROM, can it cause my phone to be locked again?
3. If i flash HTC original WWE ROM, do i need to hardspl first?
ok thanks.