[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bruzski

Jul 15, 2007
The kernel boot image is actually a .h (C Header file), its located...

drivers/video/samsung/logo_rgb24_wvga_portrait.h

I have a repo on my github (Samsung Logo) that will help you convert a png to .h

hiya existz,

I successfully saved a logo to a mylogo.h file (gimp), but i'm can't find a correct win32 version of g++ so i am unable to change the it to logo_rgb24_wvga_portrait.h :(

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
hiya existz,

I successfully saved a logo to a mylogo.h file (gimp), but i'm can't find a correct win32 version of g++ so i am unable to change the it to logo_rgb24_wvga_portrait.h :(

Hey, I think you posted to the wrong thread. This is xcal's thread, not existz's. Also, you can't compile the kernel, or any android kernel for that matter, on a windows machine. You uave to use linux, ubuntu is preffered. So I don't think you will be able to change the boot logo without using a linux machine, since the logo is compiled into the kernel. (Anyone who knows I am wrong, feel free to jump in and correct me)

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using XDA App.
ROM: Continuum v5.5
Kernel: TalonDEV 0.2.1, Voodoo Sound, Voodoo Color, CFRoot ext4
Modem: I9000 tdvjp9
HW Build Number: 1101

existz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 9, 2008
Kentucky
Hey, I think you posted to the wrong thread. This is xcal's thread, not existz's. Also, you can't compile the kernel, or any android kernel for that matter, on a windows machine. You uave to use linux, ubuntu is preffered. So I don't think you will be able to change the boot logo without using a linux machine, since the logo is compiled into the kernel. (Anyone who knows I am wrong, feel free to jump in and correct me)

He's actually compiling from Xcals source, so probably good to post here. I was just helping him out with converting a boot image for it.. But yea, you can compile a kernel on windows, sztupy had a vm compiler around here some where, but I don't know if it will do what's needed for converting png to .h

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: bruzski

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
He's actually compiling from Xcals source, so probably good to post here. I was just helping him out with converting a boot image for it.. But yea, you can compile a kernel on windows, sztupy had a vm compiler around here some where, but I don't know if it will do what's needed for converting png to .h

Ahh, I see! Well, I was basing the not able to compile on windows on the fact that the aosp says only linux should be used for compilation. I guess that's what I get for listening to os developers. I should have learned from listening to microsoft, lol.

bruzski

Jul 15, 2007

I will hunt down sztupy's compiler otherwise it's getting to much OT
@existz, thx for helping me out! :)

edit:

think this is the thread!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1022407

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
A common misconception is how you "brick" your phone. Flashing kernels won't brick your device. As long as you can get into download mode from the phone being off, you can always use Odin to flash another kernel, or worse case scenario go back to stock.

There are three things that will brick your phone:

Corrupt bootloaders
Mismatched bootloaders
Hitting it with a hammer

Everything else is at least JIG-able.

andrewdroid

Oct 19, 2010
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S21
I think this kernel should be updated with CWM 3, because as it stands with 2.5, you cannot flash Continuum directly using this kernel, otherwise your apps will delete on reboot.

However, it works very well with Continuum *after* you flash that rom.

Exostenza

Dec 12, 2010
I think this kernel should be updated with CWM 3, because as it stands with 2.5, you cannot flash Continuum directly using this kernel, otherwise your apps will delete on reboot.

However, it works very well with Continuum *after* you flash that rom.

He said CWM3 is coming in the next release. We all just have to wait and be patient even though we do not want to.

xcaliburinhand

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2010
It was just posted that it will most likely not work as it is a different Linux kernel version

What version are they using for 2.3.4, I thought it was still 2.6.35?

I haven't seen a diff of the new initramfs yet, but if they didn't do any major changes there is a good possibility this will work with 2.3.4.

-x

nbarsotti

Jul 13, 2010
Since there is no source for i9000 2.3.4 is there any hope of building a reoriented kernel?

(You beat me with your reply)

Sent from my SGH-I897

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts