FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOWTO] Flashing CWRecovery to i9000m & upgrade to ICS AOSP 4.x ROM from any version

11,814 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,659

By AllGamer, Retired Forum Moderator on 6th December 2011, 11:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th December 2011, 03:54 PM |#21  
Flag Qu├ębec city
Thanks Meter: 160

Donate to Me
More
@AllGamer : a few questions...
1) If coming from UGKG3, why do you repart with 512.pit when flashing JVP ?

2) Is there a reason why you chose JVP over JVR or JVT for example as those GB flavours are also easily rootable with the CF-root/Semaphone kernel?

3) Correct me if I'm wrong, but in both OneCosmic's and TeamHacksung's version of ICS for SGS, front cam doesn't work well. Knowing this, does FaceUnlock work on our i9000m?

The whole point behind this post is : i'm running JVT and the device has been already rooted and CWM is installed, so I just need to go through the last steps of installing ISC, right?

14th December 2011, 09:56 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I'll give a try
15th December 2011, 06:45 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great thread! very very useful.

before starting i checked to see if simlock and network lock were turned off, simlock is off but network lock is on and there is no visible way of turning it off, should i just go ahead and begin flashing or do i need to turn off network lock?
15th December 2011, 09:07 PM |#24  
OP Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorxd

Nobody?
10 chars

yes, that is the idea with nandroid, it doesn't care what you have, it will just put everything back to the way you backed it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiKsFiles

The whole point behind this post is : i'm running JVT and the device has been already rooted and CWM is installed, so I just need to go through the last steps of installing ISC, right?

if you already have JVT then you don't need the above steps, just find a compatible CF root to flash on top, and you can do the rest

this topic is aimed to people confused about not finding anything for the i9000m or i9000b and other similar variants
16th December 2011, 08:04 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer

yes, that is the idea with nandroid, it doesn't care what you have, it will just put everything back to the way you backed it up

Thanks but then why do I only see the following files in my nandroid backup:

nandroid.md5 (no content)
cache.img
datadata.img
data.img
system.img

which one contains my kernel and my modem? I thought they were on different partitions? Besides, I don't think I can restore a nandroid backup if the partition table changes...
16th December 2011, 08:55 PM |#26  
OP Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
you can always flash to stock with ODIN then restore your Nandroid
16th December 2011, 09:23 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
OK, so kernel and modem aren't saved. That's what I wanted to know. thanks
16th December 2011, 10:54 PM |#28  
Flag Stoney Creek, ON
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Excellent guide, well done.

Might be worthwhile to note that any cm7 modem package can be flashed onto ICS.

One thing - DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT flash fugumod on cm9 (teamhacksung's betas)! You will end up in endless bootloops. Might want to mention this in the instructions? The fugumod kernel is only for onecosmic's beta 2.
17th December 2011, 07:51 AM |#29  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2

More
does this guide apply to i9000 without the extra letter?

I am really keen to to update to ICS.

Thanks
17th December 2011, 01:33 PM |#30  
Flag Stoney Creek, ON
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3stment

does this guide apply to i9000 without the extra letter?

I am really keen to to update to ICS.

Thanks

Just follow the instructions in the first post of the ICS port thread. Its easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to FuryriderX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FuryriderX Ad-Free
17th December 2011, 08:16 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Heimdall
Hi Guys,

You can replace the initial steps of flashing a (I9000) JVP rom and the corresponding kernel by just flashing the appropriate kernel for the I9000M. For example I was on UGKG3 for the GT-I9000M so I went and found ChainFire's I9000M kernel (which is part of his Mobile Odin I9000M download on xda) and flashed it onto my phone with heimdall.

Code:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage
Now I have Clockwork Mod 3.0.0.5 and Clockwork Mod manager, which means I can now flash any updates from the zip file.
The Following User Says Thank You to snehasish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snehasish Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)