[GUIDE] How to add Service Provider ( Carrier Label ) to Status Bar CM9/CM10/CM10.1

Search This thread

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
hi @Adi Aisiteru Reborn

i follow almost all of ur nice guides to modd our phone. i found them very interesting and very well described. i have followed thread made by Diaz1999 about this guide to get carrier name in status bar. ( both ur and his guides are identical ) but when i select Airplane mode it displays as " Windows Live" in SB. and i found it caused by Framework_res.apk's res/value/strings.xml with below

<string name="imProtocolMsn">Windows Live</string>

when i change the word " Windows Live " there in framework_res to some other word it displays in status bar when i select Airplane mode.

so i guess status bar picks up wrong line to display when we select airplane mode.

do u know how to fix it?

Screenshot_2013-09-06-21-11-41.jpg

G.M.L

May 3, 2013
Greece/Thessaloniki
pasakalis.blogspot.gr
Last edited:

DSTNMZ

Nov 12, 2013
Puebla
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
thanks

thanks for sharing this tutorial :good: greetings from mexico :D
i use in the vanir Rom (4.3.1) for the Samsung Vibrant

Attachments

• 1425736_10201149679650618_918136444_n.jpg
    1425736_10201149679650618_918136444_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 162

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
hi @Adi Aisiteru Reborn

i follow almost all of ur nice guides to modd our phone. i found them very interesting and very well described. i have followed thread made by Diaz1999 about this guide to get carrier name in status bar. ( both ur and his guides are identical ) but when i select Airplane mode it displays as " Windows Live" in SB. and i found it caused by Framework_res.apk's res/value/strings.xml with below

<string name="imProtocolMsn">Windows Live</string>

when i change the word " Windows Live " there in framework_res to some other word it displays in status bar when i select Airplane mode.

so i guess status bar picks up wrong line to display when we select airplane mode.

do u know how to fix it?

Screenshot_2013-09-06-21-11-41.jpg

I basically followed the guide for CM10.1, and added the red line in tw_status_bar.xml. As a result, I got my carrier label on my N7105, but when I go to airplane mode, it displays "Allows the app to prevent the p...". I suppose, the cause is the same as yours.

Did you find a solution? Could anyone help?

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
I basically followed the guide for CM10.1, and added the red line in tw_status_bar.xml. As a result, I got my carrier label on my N7105, but when I go to airplane mode, it displays "Allows the app to prevent the p...". I suppose, the cause is the same as yours.

Did you find a solution? Could anyone help?

hi

i tried to find it . but couldn't. so i have change the line to " OFFLINE"

Reactions: 3to4

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
hi

Thanks. I looked for "Allows the app to prevent the p.." in res\values\strings/xml of framework-res.apk, and the only line is as follows.

<string name="permdesc_wakeLock">Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.</string

I don't dare change this line, as I am afraid it will break something..

I hope someone will find a solution some day!!!

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks. I looked for "Allows the app to prevent the p.." in res\values\strings/xml of framework-res.apk, and the only line is as follows.

<string name="permdesc_wakeLock">Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.</string

I don't dare change this line, as I am afraid it will break something..

I hope someone will find a solution some day!!!

it wont break anything. its there to display whatever mentioned there. as u see i had WINDOWS LIVE and i have changed it to OFFLINE .

:)

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
it wont break anything. its there to display whatever mentioned there. as u see i had WINDOWS LIVE and i have changed it to OFFLINE .

:)

Thanks.

I changed the line as below.

<string name="permdesc_wakeLock">OFFLINE.</string

And, recompiled framework-res.apk.

I tried, but, I am still getting "Allows the app to prevent the p...", maybe in my case there is something else...

Anyway, it is strange that for most people the mod works and for a few it doesn't work..

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
hi

Hi,
I am coming back, as it seems I found a solution.

I tested without merging the smalis. Then, the carrier label is shown, and in flight mode there is no "strange" text.

I tested with Cleam Rom V5 (I modified tw_status_bar.xml). So, this may not work for you, but here is what seems to have worked for me.

Thank you anyway.

Dilesh Perera

May 26, 2012
Colombo
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,
I am coming back, as it seems I found a solution.

I tested without merging the smalis. Then, the carrier label is shown, and in flight mode there is no "strange" text.

I tested with Cleam Rom V5 (I modified tw_status_bar.xml). So, this may not work for you, but here is what seems to have worked for me.

Thank you anyway.

hi

what u mean by : without merging the smalis. :?

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
hi

what u mean by : without merging the smalis. :?

In the 1st post, there is a download for "CM10_and_CM10.1_Source_Carrier_Label" for CM10 and CM10.1. This download contains smali files.

I added the red line in tw_status_bar and recompiled without using these smali files. That's all.

Since then, I did the same mod for my N7100 (WanamLite 3.9), and it works.

I tried on N5120 (Stock rooted and deodexed). It did not work. I mean I tried many different methods, but Carrier Label never appeared.

PS: By the way, I don't know why OP says this mod is not very useful. For me it is very, very useful. Thank you.

PS2: For N5120, it is necessary to modify the corresponding files in layout-sw600dp-tvdpi for this to work

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilesh Perera

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUIDE HOW TO ADD SERVICE PROVIDER ( Carrier Label ) to STATUS BAR
    for CM9/CM10/CM10.1

and, Optional GUIDE HOW TO REMOVE/HIDE SERVICE PROVIDER ( Carrier Label ) from Notification Panel in POST #2

picture.php

Hello guys, I want to share to you guide how to add service provider name ( Carrier label ) to status bar,
    I know this mod is not usefull, but I think it's just for fun :D,
    especially for you who like theming, I hope you like & enjoy it :good::laugh:

ok lets go to Guide:
    first of all need some requirement for this MOD-GUIDE

REQUIREMENT: !!!
    - BRAIN
    - Patient
    - experience
    - Know how to decompile/recompiling Apk file
    - notepad++
    - Tool for decompiling, : apkmanager/apktool/Virtous/apkmultitools/ or else

for CyanogenMod 9

Decompile systemUI.apk
    go to SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar.xml
    and add the red code
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
      xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
                [COLOR="Red"]<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />[/COLOR]
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
            </LinearLayout>
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster_text" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_text_view" />
                <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Battery" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="-3.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
                <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            </LinearLayout>
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
            </ImageSwitcher>
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
                <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
                <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
        </LinearLayout>
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>

Done, save and compile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for CyanogenMod 10

Decompile systemUI.apk
    STEP -1

and add the red code
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notification_icon_area" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            [COLOR="Red"]<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />[/COLOR]
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
            </LinearLayout>
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster_text" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_text_view" />
                <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Battery" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="-3.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
                <ImageView android:gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.CircleBattery android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Battery" android:gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/circle_battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            </LinearLayout>
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:clickable="false" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
            </ImageSwitcher>
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
        </LinearLayout>

STEP -2
    SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar_expanded_header.xml
    find this line :
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" [COLOR="Red"]android:background="@drawable/notification_header_bg"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:baselineAligned="false"

and change to :
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" [COLOR="Red"]android:background="#ff000000"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:baselineAligned="false"

STEP -3
    Download this : CM10_and_CM10.1_Source_Carrier_Label
    Exstract it, and merge to your decompiled sytemUI.apk

Done and recompile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for CyanogenMod 10.1

Decompile systemUI.apk
    STEP -1

and add the red code :
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/status_bar_contents" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notification_icon_area" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            </LinearLayout>
            <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/system_icon_area" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                    <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Battery" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/dock_battery_text" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_text_margin" android:singleLine="true" />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/dock_battery" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
                    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.CircleDockBattery android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Battery" android:gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/circle_dock_battery" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
                    <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Battery" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_text_margin" android:singleLine="true" />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
                    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.CircleBattery android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Battery" android:gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/circle_battery" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/status_bar_battery_cluster_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:clickable="false" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
            </ImageSwitcher>
        </LinearLayout>

STEP -2
    Download this : CM10_and_CM10.1_Source_Carrier_Label
    Exstract it, and merge to your decompiled sytemUI.apk

Done and recompile
    GUIDE HOW TO REMOVE/HIDE SERVICE PROVIDER ( Carrier Label ) from Notification Panel

for CyanogenMod 9

Decompile systemUI.apk
    go to \SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar_tracking.xml
    add the red code :
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:paddingBottom="20.0dip" [COLOR="Red"]android:visibility="gone"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

Done and recompile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for CyanogenMod 10

Decompile systemUI.apk
    go to \SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar_expanded.xml
    edit the blue code :
    Code:
     <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/carrier_label" [COLOR="Blue"]android:visibility="gone"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" [COLOR="Blue"]android:layout_height="0.0dip"[/COLOR] android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/close_handle_height" />

Done and recompile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for CyanogenMod 10.1
    Decompile systemUI.apk
    go to \SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar_expanded.xml
    edit the blue code :
    Code:
     <include android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" [COLOR="Blue"]android:layout_height="0.0dip"[/COLOR] android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/close_handle_height" layout="@layout/carrier_label" />

Done and recompile
    Another Great Mod and Guide, thanks for this too. I tried it for and with our SGS1 and it works great, although my carrier name is quite long I like it :) (perhaps I find a good way to limit the space for the letters a bit :)). Think we will create a new thread in our section too, and sure again with all thanks a credit to you. Keep on your good work and thanks for sharing!
    Works great on SlimBean on the GS3.
    Thanks very much for the guide :)