[ROM][4.4] CM 11 Unofficial - Beta 7 11-22-13 (Discontinued due to new device)

Search This thread

scorpionhd2

Jan 12, 2013
Miami
Does anyone have the kernel from this ROM sitting on the side in a zip file? Since there will no longer be any support on this one, I would like to try it with a different ROM that is giving me kernel problems.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

finneginsfast

Mar 6, 2011
BC
Carbon is at the top of that list as well... their 4.4 base is stable already. Im using an unofficial build as one of my daily drivers and have it decked out with 5 xposed mods and leankernel for now... I also have high hopes for Team Dirt (Dirty Unicorns) they have been building 4.4 for awhile now and if its anything like their 4.3/4.3.1 work it will be great... AOKP kinda pissed me off during 4.3... I still dont think theres a stable mr2 build for d2att...lol...CM is nice when you want the bare essentials but i will most likely only use it until the others start releasing.

Ground Zero's v13 ROM is the best 4.4 ROM out right now feature wise... Its got everything already... If you're reading this go download it and try it... If you're scared of clowns dont bother or close your eyes during the radical boot animation.... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Is there any way to run that Rom without the circus theme?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

tuxattack80

Nov 29, 2012
Covington Kentucky
Awesome I found it and I downloaded it. Anyone else with the i747 att using it any issues they come across. Also any recommend kernels that can be used with cm11 d2att?

Been using it since late last night when it first dropped and the only noticable bug is when texting Chase for balance info or whatever, the phone app crashes. Works fine texting actually people though, something to do with the text code i guess. The stock kernel seems great, just let it settle in for awhile and most of your wake locks seem to ease up and battery life becomes good enough for me.

Reactions: CYRAXDroid

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Been using it since late last night when it first dropped and the only noticable bug is when texting Chase for balance info or whatever, the phone app crashes. Works fine texting actually people though, something to do with the text code i guess. The stock kernel seems great, just let it settle in for awhile and most of your wake locks seem to ease up and battery life becomes good enough for me.

Awesome man thanks for the info.

Symbian_Black

Feb 19, 2007
I'm not trying ART on non of my devices until a STABLE version is released

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

UnknownTroll1

Jul 2, 2013
Not to advertise or anything, I loved this fine piece of work by Jermaine but battery life was a huge issue. Those of you looking at a daily driver with better battery life try QuantumRom by PwnCakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM 11 Unofficial Beta 7
    qdl5.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
     * Act accordingly
     */

Well... I came out of retirement because I don't have the patience to wait for KitKat on our SGSIII T-Mobile version. If you didn't own a Droid Incredible or Transformer Prime, you probably don't know me. No worries.

I will NOT officially support this! I WILL fix the issues that I can't deal with and update this thread with my new builds.

Credits:
    @cyanogen Mod Team for just being awesome, and the code, and all the things..!
    @invisiblek for his commits and just being awesome!
    @RMarkwald for brainstorming with me and just being a Great friend and Android enthusiast!
    @Jiggs82 for pointing me to commits that fixed the external SD card!
    @saranhai for the Kit Kat artwork!
    @cashmonkey for the external SD card final piece!

What's broke:
    • WiFi tether
    • Netflix not displaying videos properly on phone (works on Chromecast).
    • Mute button doesn't work (Hasn't worked but it was just brought to my attention)
    • You tell me

Download:
    CM 11.0 Unofficial Beta 7 for d2tmo and d2att
    MD5: ef93957db1e6704f23f9015231a82826

PA Gapps

Experimental Gapps with new Google Dialer that searches local businesses"

Full wipe Install Instructions
    1. READ THE F.A.Q. IN POST #3!!
    2. Install the latest CWM recovery (6.0.4.3 +) OR TWRP (v2.6.3.1+) (You will have a "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed" error if you don't)
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Backup your current ROM!!!!
    5. Wipe data / factory reset
    6. GO INTO MOUNTS AND STORAGE AND "format /system"
    7. Flash the rom
    8. Reboot
    9. Go through CM setup
    10. Reboot to recovery
    11. Flash Gapps
    12. Reboot and login to Gmail or the Play Store, to set up your Google account.

Upgrade / Flashover Instructions:
    1. Reboot to recovery
    2. MAKE A NANDROID OF YOUR CURRENT BUILD!!
    3. Format /cache partion
    4. FORMAT /system PARTITION!!!
    5. Flash the new rom version
    6. FLASH OFFICIAL PA GAPPS!!!
    7. Reboot

ROM Souce: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

Kernel Source: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_d2/tree/cm-11.0

T-Mobile Thread HERE

I haven't forgotten about you guys. It was easy to pump out builds on a 3 day weekend, but now I have to squeeze it in between work and real life. I should have something up in the next day or so.

Thanks!
    Changelog:

Beta 7
    • Quicktiles (Take 2)
    • external SD permissions (ES still acts weird! Whatever!!)
    • Netflix fixed
    • Wireless Tether fixed
    • Hold back to kill added into settings
    • Fixed built-in root with ART
    • Added AT&T asserts into T-Mobile build
    • Added support for I747UCUEMJ2 bootloader
    • Insecure boot image (Means you can edit system files)

Beta 6
    • Sync'd to latest CM 11 commits
    • CM 11 Front facing camera works now
    • Customizable quick tiles (Work in Progress)
    • Quick access ribbon (Work in Progress)
    • Customizable lockscreen targets (Work in Progress)
    • Swipe to switch from notifications to Quick settings (You must swipe the gray bar at the bottom)
    • Probably more that I forgot..

RLS1 Beta 5
    • Sync'd latest CM commits
    • Bluetooth A2DP plays great
    • Emojis work as they should, out of the box
    • Reverted to CM 10.2 Camera (No more blurry pictures)
    • Front Camera works great! (Go in the bathroom and selfy yourself)
    • External SD card is DEFINITELY fixed perfectly!
    • You can turn off USB debugging icon in Developer options
    • I know I forgot something....

Beta 4
    • Added emojis to hangouts (as long as you're not using the Google keyboard. They don't show up when sent, unless you look at the convo from a PC)
    • Fixed permissions on external SD card (still wrong)

Beta 3
    • Fixed camera freezing
    • Fixed external SD card
    LOL, sorry be being a terd.

Great segue! While we wait for my upload to finish, I really want you to know how personal I take my roms. I wouldn't put something on your phone that I wouldn't want on mine. I have to leave the state, on Sunday, for training that my job is sending me to. I'll be in Chicago for a week, in the cold!!! I need a camera and a reliable phone for that trip. I'll be running this. I think most of you, that have figured out the bootloaders, CWM and the other obstacles, will be very happy with this build.

Okay. I'll shut up now.

P.S. $hit just GOT REAL!!
    I'll just leave this here...Beta 6 is near. :D

qdl5.png