Galaxy S3 Touchwiz Launcher - Rescaled for Galaxy Nexus - Update: 6/6/12

Search This thread

mystichobo

Sep 25, 2010
Stockholm
mystichobo.com
Screenshot_2012-05-28-17-06-14.png

First of all:
DO NOT EVEN DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING NOT WORKING OR IT FORCE CLOSING IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST

Second (ye olde cyanogen's mega awesome disclaimer):
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this system app before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Ok, now that's over and done with :p

Description:
This is the GS3 touchwiz launcher, rescaled to work with the Nexus' stock density/resolution, and with an extra homescreen row added to take advantage of the 720p display. It's pretty smooth, Samsung have done a pretty good job :)

I'm going to be away for a while, moving to Europe to hopefully find a job in my field (if you guys know anyone looking for game artists, please foward them on to my portfolio :p ) So I probably won't be able to continue work on this until I get settled somewhere. I know Madphone will continue working on it for his TW addon pack, if people are interested in getting the widgets working etc.

Thanks everyone for your support and everything, has been much appreciated :)

Installation Instructions:
Flash TW5launcher.zip in recovery. Tested in CWM, experiences may vary in other recoveries.

Download Link:
http://multiupload.biz/0rjhd04oyh7i/TW5launcher_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

Known Bugs:
- Wallpaper picker options don't work properly. This is because most of the options rely on the more system side components of touchwiz - for now, just use the "set wallpaper for homescreen option"
-Bottom Icon Row is cut off in landscape mode
-Wallpaper doesn't scroll (looking into it - It's meant to not scroll by stock, but I don't think it would be a bad feature to have, depending on performance impact.) Decided to keep it unscrolling for performance reasons.

Last edited:

mystichobo

Sep 25, 2010
Stockholm
mystichobo.com
What do the instructions say??????

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via XDA Premium

This!
But he does have a good point, you can push to system/app, but you will probably still have to install the app over the top of it to get it to work. I just listed the most foolproof way I could think of in order to decrease the likelyhood of people complaining about having problems by not doing it properly (ie. pushing to system/app, but not setting the correct permissions).

I'll update the OP in a second.

pattsy

Mar 9, 2010
This!
But he does have a good point, you can push to system/app, but you will probably still have to install the app over the top of it to get it to work. I just listed the most foolproof way I could think of in order to decrease the likelyhood of people complaining about having problems by not doing it properly (ie. pushing to system/app, but not setting the correct permissions).

It worked fine by pushing it + setting the permissions. Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mystichobo

Treggs

Aug 9, 2010
Since I have a stock recovery I tried the "copy to system/app, mess with permissions and clear stock launcher defaults" method and it works as well as can be expected since we are missing some of the SGS3 framework.

The Lightflow bug that makes Google books read aloud makes changing desktops talk to you which is kind of funny.

Love ya work as this seems to be good enough to use everyday. Touchwiz was never that bad but it's nice to have the choice on a Nexus device.

Edit: Just noticed in landscape it chops the bottom line of icons off. Not a complaint but if it's an easy fix?...please?

Last edited:

OllerLoewe

Jan 31, 2008
München
Not work on my Nexus with AOKP.

First i installed the zip with recovery --->. Don't work.
I installed the APK and set right permissions ---> Don't work.
I push the apk to System/app and set right permissions ---> Don't woork.

What's wrong?

Sorry because of my english.

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
Not work on my Nexus with AOKP.

First i installed the zip with recovery --->. Don't work.
I installed the APK and set right permissions ---> Don't work.
I push the apk to System/app and set right permissions ---> Don't woork.

What's wrong?

Sorry because of my english.

Install it like a regular app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

spydersilk

Oct 6, 2010
Got it to work just fine. Created folders in the dock, every time I open and close them, I get a voice notification saying "folder open, folder close" kind of annoying. Have to play with the settings to get it shut off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BuddyJoe83

Nov 15, 2011
Nice work :)

Since I am non-rooted on the Nexus, I just installed the .apk file (as in NOT fully following the instructions, I am aware of that).

Trying to add widgets but got the permission thingy, rest works nice and looks awsome, nice work mate!

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
Thx for this. An excellent performing launcher as smooth as I've seen ever on the GN. I can't get it to work though through a reboot. Using the instructions verbatim or not. Still super cool to play with!

relldroid

May 11, 2011
Tampa
How do you get it to stfu? I don't need voice clarification when opening folders and stuff

Apples iPhone, There's a patent for that. Solving lifes dilemmas one lawsuit at a time.

iEternalHero

Feb 24, 2010
Got it to work just fine. Created folders in the dock, every time I open and close them, I get a voice notification saying "folder open, folder close" kind of annoying. Have to play with the settings to get it shut off

Yeah i get the same issue as well as when you pinch the homescreen you get the voice too

DroidDavi

Mar 29, 2010
Las Vegas
So I installed the apk and it's working fine how do i set the permissions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First of all:
    DO NOT EVEN DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING NOT WORKING OR IT FORCE CLOSING IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST

Second (ye olde cyanogen's mega awesome disclaimer):
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this system app before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Ok, now that's over and done with :p

Description:
    This is the GS3 touchwiz launcher, rescaled to work with the Nexus' stock density/resolution, and with an extra homescreen row added to take advantage of the 720p display. It's pretty smooth, Samsung have done a pretty good job :)

I'm going to be away for a while, moving to Europe to hopefully find a job in my field (if you guys know anyone looking for game artists, please foward them on to my portfolio :p ) So I probably won't be able to continue work on this until I get settled somewhere. I know Madphone will continue working on it for his TW addon pack, if people are interested in getting the widgets working etc.

Thanks everyone for your support and everything, has been much appreciated :)

Installation Instructions:
    Flash TW5launcher.zip in recovery. Tested in CWM, experiences may vary in other recoveries.

Download Link:
    http://multiupload.biz/0rjhd04oyh7i/TW5launcher_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

Known Bugs:
    - Wallpaper picker options don't work properly. This is because most of the options rely on the more system side components of touchwiz - for now, just use the "set wallpaper for homescreen option"
    -Bottom Icon Row is cut off in landscape mode
    -Wallpaper doesn't scroll (looking into it - It's meant to not scroll by stock, but I don't think it would be a bad feature to have, depending on performance impact.) Decided to keep it unscrolling for performance reasons.

Hows that looking?
    :p

I'll release it once I work out how to fix the homescreen wallpaper picker. I've fixed the page indicator in the app drawer, so thats the main thing left to do.

For my version I'll be keeping the wallpaper stationary, for performance's sake, though I'm sure madphone will be able to mod it to scroll again :D
    Look forward to this getting through a reboot!

I have already fixed that. Only problem unfixed are the wallpapers, which won't scroll. For the moment I'm using a live wallpaper.

TW5
    No fc on the tw5 zip. Good job

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using xda premium
    This!

It worked fine by pushing it + setting the permissions. Thanks...