Nexus 9
mainmg.png

plussign.jpg

htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official
MIUI 2.2.24 ICS ROM [ALPHA]

• Overall it's pretty functional
  • Changing the clock theme caused issues so I'm not sure it's all theme related items
  • Chrome Beta is a no go until I change one more thing in the build.prop
  • Default wallpaper is too small. Will change later.
  • Please let me know what else you find

This rom was ported by me. Many thanks to scott951 & |0xD34D|!!!

Screenshots courtesy of Krunk_Kracker:

6c09e1d0-5e2a-bf64.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e37-3e33.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e41-b11d.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e4d-1ccf.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e56-3d8e.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e6e-07c8.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e76-4fca.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e84-5023.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e8d-488e.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e95-b14f.jpg

Last edited:

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
How do I get the default launcher screen to rotate to landscape? Seems to be stuck in portrait. I check and unchecked the 'auto rotate' button under Display but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Awesome job Tmartin. You always seem to make ports look easy man. What's next? Sense based? Hehe.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ghostzyden

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
yeah another Classicnerd rom....i am loving it

Please someone upload some screen shots..

I will post some screenshots later today.

How do I get the default launcher screen to rotate to landscape? Seems to be stuck in portrait. I check and unchecked the 'auto rotate' button under Display but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm not sure...This is the first MIUI project I've done and the first time I've had MIUI on any of my devices.

Awesome job TMartin. You always seem to make ports look easy man. What's next? Sense based? Hehe.

Don't spill the beans man lol

Joker Fuel

Mar 10, 2011
Awesome job Tmartin. You always seem to make ports look easy man. What's next? Sense based? Hehe.

Sense! Ever since Leo sent the wrong file the other day I've been itching for sense on this thing!! Even if its sense 3.* I'll take it!

Anyways Martin awesome job on this thing man... gives me some specific ideas to run on this thing.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006

i dont think MIUI launcher has a landscape mode.

i have used MIUI roms on a few devices, G2x, Desire HD, Galaxy S, Xperia X10, as far as i can remember, home screens will not rotate when device is rotated.

i may be wrong.

Joker Fuel

Mar 10, 2011
i dont think MIUI launcher has a landscape mode.

i have used MIUI roms on a few devices, G2x, Desire HD, Galaxy S, Xperia X10, as far as i can remember, home screens will not rotate when device is rotated.

i may be wrong.
The launcher don't. But the lock screen goes sideways lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mmikeee

Jan 31, 2012
well then I guess I'm going to miss class. thanks a lot tmartin :D haha seriously though, thanks for the release!

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006
i have always like MIUI roms, really a pity that launcher has no landscape mode, an inherent 'characteristic' of MIUI roms.

i dont really mind this when using MIUI on phones as they are being used mostly in portrait (at least for me).

however, since my primary use of TP is for reading and usually in landscape mode, i am sorely missing a rotatable launcher, pity really ...

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
Couldn't you just use adw? It's ICS compatible so should, in theory, get rid of the problem. But obviously at the cost of losing the miui launcher

Sent from my HTC Desire Saga using xda premium

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i have always like MIUI roms, really a pity that launcher has no landscape mode, an inherent 'characteristic' of MIUI roms.

i dont really mind this when using MIUI on phones as they are being used mostly in portrait (at least for me).

however, since my primary use of TP is for reading and usually in landscape mode, i am sorely missing a rotatable launcher, pity really ...

someone try nova launcher on it and let us know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mainmg.png

plussign.jpg

htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official
    MIUI 2.2.24 ICS ROM [ALPHA]

• Overall it's pretty functional
    • Changing the clock theme caused issues so I'm not sure it's all theme related items
    • Chrome Beta is a no go until I change one more thing in the build.prop
    • Default wallpaper is too small. Will change later.
    • Please let me know what else you find

This rom was ported by me. Many thanks to scott951 & |0xD34D|!!!

Screenshots courtesy of Krunk_Kracker:

6c09e1d0-5e2a-bf64.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e37-3e33.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e41-b11d.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e4d-1ccf.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e56-3d8e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e6e-07c8.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e76-4fca.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e84-5023.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e8d-488e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e95-b14f.jpg
    does CN not base there stuff off of CM9? Shouldn't this be based off of CM9 directly for a more stable ROM here? I'm not trying to bash anyone, I'm just curious. CN is great and I welcome as much development here as possible but IMO pulling from CM9 would make more sense.

I will continue to base off of CN because I'm apart of CN. Dalingrin said the source for those fixes will be released soon then CN will be just as stable as CM9.
    6c09e1d0-5e2a-bf64.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e37-3e33.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e41-b11d.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e4d-1ccf.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e56-3d8e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e6e-07c8.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e76-4fca.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e84-5023.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e8d-488e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e95-b14f.jpg

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Can anyone re upload this to another host if they got it? really want to have a play.

FOrget that found it on the MIUI website, was being a n00b XD

check out our website. www.classicnerd.net

you'll find the link on there.
    Woooooow
    But where is thé différence.you must work together

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium HD app

There are a lot of differences bro. Working together is a key thing. But using others work so users can enjoy is different than working together. You are basically asking to kang another persons completed rom and put miui on it. My response was, why would he do that when we have our own source.

Believe me, I am willing to bet, we/I have more respect for CM, Evervolv, and AOKP then the average end user does. Why? Because we/I understand how many hours are invested (thousands), what type of modding is being done, how the brainstorming begins, how many times a reformat and re-sync to their git's are done, creating new java files, modifying c++ files, creating apps, the joys, frustrations, and the learning that an AOSP open source dev goes thru. And I'm a noob at it. They are true pros. If we aspire to be a talented team, we must walk the walk my friend. And it's not a walk, more like climbing a mountain.

Why not you or others take their work and build upon it? Take our work and help fix the kinks? That's what the spirit is about. Believe me, it's not like we aren't trying to fix problems over here. My response was why would one of our devs use another teams git to port MIUI over?

I can only image how many hours a team like CM have invested in their source. We have to remember, CM is a large team, compiled of extremely talented developers, some whom write coding for a living. Think of it like this, libs/bins will remain the same for each device. But the guts (framework/apps) vary between sources. That's the true magic. While some have strictly stock feel, others have a smoother UI feel, while others have amazing add-on's. That's the beauty of our world.

A better suggestion would be to take each of our sources and have users like yourself port miui to them, so we have different flavors of miui. That's where the fun is. How many different AOSP developement teams are there? Not nearly as many modders. The reason is because of the indepth look in to the actual coding involved. I don't think the average person really understands how large this ecosystem actually is. It goes much deeper than one device. Imaging each change you make, will affect dozens of devices. So to be able to modify code that affects them all the same and won't cause problems by a cross-platform basis is just short of a miracle.

So looking back at when I was working on XRONified CM7, I only wished that I would have started with source then. Because all I was doing is modifying their base.

Cheers!

~leo