[Q] Full reboot loop?

Search This thread

perceptic

Apr 17, 2013
Bingley
Hi,
My One M7 is stuck in a sort of boot loop. I've had boot loops on other phones when flashing etc. but this is different to any I've had before. My phone is rooted with unlocked bootloader but it is still running stock 4.3. I've never flashed a ROM on this phone. As stated, I've had boot loops on other phones where it tries to boot but doesn't fully boot before it restarts and I assume that's the same with a HTC One. The problem I have is when the phone has fully booted, it then restarts itself after around 10 seconds. It is as if the power button is stuck so it turns itself of then on again endlessly. I can fully press the power button and feel the little click so I assume it isn't stuck. I can't think of any reason it would be doing this. I assume it will just keep looping until it is out of battery.
Any help is appreciated, thanks,
Oli.

PS. I can get into recovery fine.

ibarazi

Oct 25, 2010
Hi,
My One M7 is stuck in a sort of boot loop. I've had boot loops on other phones when flashing etc. but this is different to any I've had before. My phone is rooted with unlocked bootloader but it is still running stock 4.3. I've never flashed a ROM on this phone. As stated, I've had boot loops on other phones where it tries to boot but doesn't fully boot before it restarts and I assume that's the same with a HTC One. The problem I have is when the phone has fully booted, it then restarts itself after around 10 seconds. It is as if the power button is stuck so it turns itself of then on again endlessly. I can fully press the power button and feel the little click so I assume it isn't stuck. I can't think of any reason it would be doing this. I assume it will just keep looping until it is out of battery.
Oli.

I am having the same problem. Please keep this forum up to date because I would like a solution as well.
I would like to try a fcatory reset. But first I would like to find a way to back up all the files on my phone.

If anyone has an idea on how to back up all the stuff on my phone before i reset it, please let me know.

VM0824

Mar 22, 2011
I'm not sure if my issue is the same. But I have a very very similar one!

I am running stock kitkat, unlocked, rooted. Have been for a few months now without issue.
Yesterday my phone died, so i charged it while it was off (thought it might charge faster) for a couple hours. I figured it should be close to full but noticed it was only 20% charged. So when I turned it on, i get all the way booted, and can use the launcher for maybe 20-40 seconds before it reboots.

i do get a small amount of time to play on the phone each loop. ive noticed that im not getting or sending any sms (says 4 bars and 4g, but nothing going through).

i can also get into cwm recovery and fastboot so i have some options there.

what are my options? id like to not have to lose everything (i have titanium backups.....but they're on the sd card so a wipe would delete my backups)

Houtex2k

May 26, 2013
I am in the same situation.

Unlocked and rooted
Stock HTC One Sense - no ROMs flashed
CWM Recovery
Kitkat 4.4.2
Sense 5.5
hboot 1.56
software number 4.18.502.7
kernel 3.4 10-ge12f77e
CID CW__001
AT&T

This all started for me back when I tried to restore a CWM nandroid backup. I was able to restore the backup but afterwards, the reboot loop started. If I factory reset the phone from recovery and cleared the cache and davlink I was able to reconfigure my phone and get it back up and running but if I reboot the phone, the reboot loop starts over again.

I can't even return it to stock since I can't S-Off using firewater or rumrunner or anything else in order to run RUU. So basically I am stuck with a phone that I have to reconfigure if I reboot it which causes the reboot loop to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi,
Oli.

Try powering off from the bootloader or hold power + volume up till the phone shuts off. have you installed anything that would have maybe caused it ?

you could try and flash the stock recovery back to the phone and do a factory reset and then flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 and see how that goes

I am having the same problem. Please keep this forum up to date because I would like a solution as well.
I would like to try a fcatory reset. But first I would like to find a way to back up all the files on my phone.

If anyone has an idea on how to back up all the stuff on my phone before i reset it, please let me know.

read above ..no 2 phones are the same... I need more info like you version of recovery / rom / updates installed / android version / fastboot getvar all / bootloader screen shot

I am running stock kitkat, unlocked, rooted. Have been for a few months now without issue.
Yesterday my phone died, so i charged it while it was off (thought it might charge faster) for a couple hours. I figured it should be close to full but noticed it was only 20% charged. So when I turned it on, i get all the way booted, and can use the launcher for maybe 20-40 seconds before it reboots.

i do get a small amount of time to play on the phone each loop. ive noticed that im not getting or sending any sms (says 4 bars and 4g, but nothing going through).

what are my options? id like to not have to lose everything (i have titanium backups.....but they're on the sd card so a wipe would delete my backups)

read above and list the same things I ask them

Unlocked and rooted
CWM Recovery
Kitkat 4.4.2
Sense 5.5
hboot 1.56
kernel 3.4 10-ge12f77e
CID CW__001
AT&T

This all started for me back when I tried to restore a CWM nandroid backup. I was able to restore the backup but afterwards, the reboot loop started. If I factory reset the phone from recovery and cleared the cache and davlink I was able to reconfigure my phone and get it back up and running but if I reboot the phone, the reboot loop starts over again.

I can't even return it to stock since I can't S-Off using firewater or rumrunner or anything else in order to run RUU. So basically I am stuck with a phone that I have to reconfigure if I reboot it which causes the reboot loop to start.

same here .. read above and list all the things I ask above
you can also try my guru reset posted here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775650

Last edited:
Reactions: perceptic

perceptic

Apr 17, 2013
Bingley
Well my One just fixed itself :confused:. I was JUST about to do a factory reset and, when my phone turned itself on, I heard loads of buzzing. Well, turned out it was all my notifications and as VM0824 said, signal wasn't working. I waited a couple of minutes then sighed hugely in relief haha.

Good luck to everyone else in sorting the problem out :good:

Oli.

VM0824

Mar 22, 2011
Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 5.5
Software number 4.18.502.7
HTC SDK API Level 5.68
Kernel 3.4.10-ge12f77e

I used cwm to factory reset. It seems to work fine now. BUT, if I restore all system and user app + data from titanium backup, then the issues comes back.

So I did another factory reset, and this time only installed missing app+data. It will take me some time to get my stuff back the way it was, but its working.

Now I have a new symptom though, apparently I have space issues???
1. Using Lucky Patcher, I ran into an issue trying to patch titanium backup. As it was doing the step involving creating the .odex, it told me it could not create the .odex or something like that. As if there was no room. I deleted some stuff from my SD card (even though it indicated 18gb free space in the data manager) and it worked.
2. I installed dropbox as my first thing since the reset since I store some apps there. I have an old version of swype (the new ones have been laggy) that I tried to install and it says "storage full or unavailable" when I click it in Dropbox.

Now the data manager indicates i have more than 18gb left....yet i cant find room for swype? I wonder if my storage is going bad? i imagine if there's write contention or i lost access to certain storage, that could cause a crash and reboot (hence the boot loop).

so how do i diagnose if there is an issue with my storage?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 5.5
Software number 4.18.502.7
HTC SDK API Level 5.68
Kernel 3.4.10-ge12f77e

so how do i diagnose if there is an issue with my storage?

so your using a patched version of titanium and your trying to restore your data with it? Dude pay for the app if it's that useful to you... piracy is not acceptable here, look for help elseware.

Houtex2k

May 26, 2013
Info from Recovery and Fastboot Getvar all

**** TAMPERED ****
**** ULOCKED ****
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4T.24.3218.09
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.18.502.7
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Jan 28 2014,09:32:41.0

C:\ADB>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.24.3218.09
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.18.502.7
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT**********
(bootloader) imei: *************
(bootloader) meid :************
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3915mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-c6bbb6d4
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.048s

recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.8-m7

Now that I've done the fastboot getvar all command and rebooted the phone I am stuck in a reboot loop and will have to factory reset and start over. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Crown Clown

Aug 30, 2013
Tehran
www.splander.com
i have the same problem with my one , first in android 4.3 starting auto-restart and then after a flashing 4.4.2(4.19.401.9) the signal is out of range and imei and base band are unkonwn
i update to 4.19.401.11 and didn't change after all
i really confused , please help me , my hboot is 1.56 and i didn't s-off or unlock yet

VM0824

Mar 22, 2011
I did a factory reset and it seemed to fix the problem with one hitch. you can never let the phone die.

i have had this running for a few weeks now and as long as i make sure the battery doesnt die, then the phone wont start boot looping. last night it died -_-

i couldnt even get a light to come on and had to use a trick from another post about holding power + volume + bright light on sensor to even get it to charge. but now that its charging and I turned it on, boot loop again.

i guess ill do another factory reset and be more careful to never let the battery die......until im eligible for an upgrade lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Oli.

Try powering off from the bootloader or hold power + volume up till the phone shuts off. have you installed anything that would have maybe caused it ?

you could try and flash the stock recovery back to the phone and do a factory reset and then flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 and see how that goes

read above ..no 2 phones are the same... I need more info like you version of recovery / rom / updates installed / android version / fastboot getvar all / bootloader screen shot

read above and list the same things I ask them

Unlocked and rooted
    CWM Recovery
    Kitkat 4.4.2
    Sense 5.5
    hboot 1.56
    kernel 3.4 10-ge12f77e
    CID CW__001
    AT&T

same here .. read above and list all the things I ask above
    you can also try my guru reset posted here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775650