[ROM] Helly_Bean [4.1.2], based on sources of cm10, 11/15 also for i9000b

Search This thread

Raulinho7

Feb 2, 2011
Short summary of current version:
It's really great we could have JB so fast on our SGS and thanks for that, but in fact, current ROM is IMO only for testing purposes. There's a lot of things that just doesn't work properly, most annoying are sounds, camera and APN issues. I'm also got very poor wifi signal (even when I'm 2 meters from router). .............

Again - THANKS DEVS!

I dont have problem with camera or APN.
for WIFI, the router im using is located in... my neigboors' flat :angel: (so at least 15 meters from me) and the signal is quite good.

and since im here, thanks for power controls tip ;) (forgot who it was) this app is awesome.

1faf0991-3d3b-fe4c.jpg

Last edited:

netespl

Aug 10, 2011
I dont have problem with camera or APN.
for WIFI, the router im using is located in... my neigboors' flat :angel: (so at least 15 meters from me) and the signal is quite good.

Good for you, but... you'll have that problems ;) They are completely random. Everything was fine on my SGS until today morning :p

chip545

Mar 10, 2012
I know that it addressed many times here,but why me when you enter a voice command displays only web results? Thank you in advance.
Change language didn't help.

demon507

Dec 25, 2011
Chandigarh
no issues

yes there is missing ringtones...... but u can add it to sd card by making respective folders..... isn't that easy???

furthermore i m on v2 & no problems here.... music all working fine.... no media fc problem etc.... just youtube fc on vol levelling other than it playback fine......
camera working fine even after so many reboots never have that issue (can't connect to camera)

just try:
1. if you are on v1....wipe then format system under advanced....then flash rom v2 then reboot recovery...then fix permissions...then reboot....(its what i did and not having single issue)
2. if u are already on v2... just wipe n format system...reflash v2...reboot recovery...fix permissions..reboot..(you are good to go)
3. having wifi issues try this: under wifi settings> advanced> uncheck poor internet connection.....(screenie attached)
wipe if u wanted no issues.... and before fix permissions reboot recovery....
i m running MY SGS ON STEROIDS... FEEL FREE TO ASK :good::D

THANK ME IF I HELPED YOU......PLEASE :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-17-06-48-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-17-06-48-57.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 601

AwfooL

Apr 11, 2012
I don't think this has already been reported as i scrolled many pages but I got problems with the Youtube app, if I try to download it from Play Store it says it's not compatible.
I tried to reflash the rom with full wipe but didn't work, if I restore it from titanium it crashes everytime.
Anyone with same issue?
Also have problems with voice typing package, it has automatically downloaded it as i booted the rom but if I try voice typing offline it says it can't reach Google servers.

Last edited:

demon507

Dec 25, 2011
Chandigarh
I don't think this has already been reported as i scrolled many pages but I got problems with the Youtube app, if I try to download it from Play Store it says it's not compatible.
I tried to reflash the rom with full wipe but didn't work, if I restore it from titanium it crashes everytime.
Anyone with same issue?
Also have problems with voice typing package, it has automatically downloaded it as i booted the rom but if I try voice typing offline it says it can't reach Google servers.

try this youtube app.....

n offline voice typing works i tried it just now....
the procedure i followed for installation is up above in my post....

Attachments

• com.google.android.youtube-2.apk
    5.8 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Tobster01

Nov 15, 2009
it's all perfect for me, but if you have no modem you have to also check if you still have your imei (i.e. it should not end in 0000).
although I have not heard anyone losing it.
if you still have imei, then maybe all you need to do is install one of the modems packaged for ics (otherwise you have to restore your efs first)

I also get this with every other reboot. Try switching flight mode on and off. Has worked for me without fail... until next reboot

malcho

Aug 30, 2010
Sarajevo
You lucky bastards:)
I'm on vacation no wifi around,slow data on this network.
Have to wait till i came back.
Many regards to all

Reactions: Bejda

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
You noticed once rom is installed we have two apparently different vold.fstab?One is in system/etc as always ans the other one in /jb_files.

the one in jb_files is there by fault, but it does not get used. just ignore it :)

launcher will start lagging after a while no matter which one. also butter is still not 100% yet (vsync missing according to pawitp http://twitter.com/pawitp/status/224880811562909698 )

yep, that's right. i have added the hw composer from the nexus s rom, which steve has compiled with trippel buffering, but without the vsync.

Reactions: Bejda
You lucky bastards:)
I'm on vacation no wifi around,slow data on this network.
Have to wait till i came back.
Many regards to all

hehehe seriously getting JB on sgs thanx to the awesome devs this community has makes us lucky,,,,Words cant express our gratitude to u devs

btw the experience so far was awesome but as camera keeps on fc'in after reboots movin back to remics for now...

StiffyBoy

Jun 17, 2009
Anyone found out either a fix or at least why the notifications for G+ and Gmail cant be expanded as they should be and as was shown in the demo?

I know so far we have reported Missed Calls and MMS working but thats it so far......imo one of the nicest features and I know quite a few of us dont have this feature atm

edy4sure

Dec 7, 2010
London
Just saw this on twitter from pawitp: @pawitp: cm-10-20120717-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysmtd.zip yummy! :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many thanks, to pawitp, FaultExeption, Jt1134, be18 and all the other people who commit to gerrit. without these, this rom wouldn't be possible

you can find the official website for this projekt here
    http://www.hellybean.com/index.html

you'll find download links and faq on this site.

IRC channel:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=hellybean

Install instructions:

coming from any other rom:
    - make sure to have gingerbread bootloaders
    - flash allinone.zip
    - reboot recovery
    - flash allinone.zip again
    - flash gapps

if you are coming from a previous version, older than 08/28 your data will get wiped due to new partition layout!
    coming from previous version:
    - flash allinone.zip

Additional changes, compared to cm10 (this list might not be complete):
    - facebook sync integrated
    - option to enable high end gfx effects
    - possibility to activate and customize navigation bar (color of background, glow effect, transparency)
    - possibility to customize statusbar (color of background, transparency)
    - transparent lockscreen (taken from paranoid android, coded by jesus david)
    - edge swipe navigation (ported from sgt7)
    - ability to enable tablet_ui (ported from aokp)
    - kill-all button at recents panel (ported from aokp)
    - task manger button at recents panel linked to the built-in running apps service
    - customizable long-press-back-kill timeout (from 500ms to 3000ms)
    - added option to toggle lockscreen styles (jb, ics, gb, eclair, blackberry10)
    - option to use sense4 recents panel
    - misc settings in settings menu
    - added kill-all and taskmanager button to sense4 recents panel
    - added the possibility to set lockscreen text/image colors
    - added possibility to change the colors of the statusbar toggles
    - added option to enable/disable coloring of toggles
    - added option to display a small bar below the toggles as indicator for toggle state
    - added possibility to display additional volume slider (similar to brighness slider from aokp)

many thanks to:
    - be18
    - mkalter, who got the first running jb rom :)
    - elitemovil (who was the first who got gsm working)
    - stratosk (from who's initramfs i could start build my first jb booting kernel)
    - teamhacksung/pawitp for the rom sources
    - team nyx who always have good tips for me, if i get problems with my kernel
    - SysTem-X for hosting
    - Rootax for hosting
    - RolluS for hosting
    - many thanks also to the other people who have created mirrors

- if i have forgotten you, please pn me
    Since official CM10 alpha got released today, I don't think, that there still is a need to update this rom. Going back to normal kernel business.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
    uploading V2 right now to http://devil.haxer.org/jellybean/ as well as to http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/divers/jellybean/

because of my upload speed, this is going to take about 1 hours...

changes:
    - rom slimmed down and gapps/su fix included (thx to bhu1)
    - replaced ear.apk with one supposed to work (user report)
    - replaced hw composer with the one from nexus s (this is the jb one, old release was using ics hw composer)
    - fixed recording of 720p (upstream fix to media_profiles.xml

install instructions:
    - wipe (coming from previous version, you also can try flashing without wipe, and wipe only, if you are facing issues)
    - flash
    - fix permissions
    - reboot

have to work now. cu
    kernel 1.7.4 is online now :)

i'll try to summerize the changes quickly...have to sleep:

- latest linux 3.0.46
    - latest changes from android kernel source
    - low mem killer changes from steve kondik (cyanogen)
    - updateted recovery to latest version
    - fixed charging issues
    - vibrator intensity changes from cm team
    - dynamical fsync by faux123:
    The dynamic sync control interface uses Android kernel's unique early
    suspend / lat resume interface.

While screen is on, file sync is disabled
    when screen is off, a file sync is called to flush all outstanding writes
    and restore file sync operation as normal.
    There was non working WiFi on Fishears 10/10 built too,maybe it just wasn't the good time to build.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896472&page=45

Had to clean my build folder. Wifi working now, after clean rebuild. I am trying to fix the other small issues, and upload the fixed version tomorrow morning... Compiling clean is taking many hours on my old computer...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2