Haret.exe Android Install and Boot from Windows Mobile

Search This thread

polac

Nov 23, 2007
great post. a few things . . .
1. on the vogue (elf is different) we have autodetection of the boar_panel_type, so you should not have this value in the default.txt - if it is there (which it should not be for the vogue) take it out, and you'll never see the flashing white screen.
2. haret users do have an option where to install; if they have created ext2 partitions on their sd card, they can install their sys and data to the regular old sd card ("sys on ext2 system.img", which will place it in the andboot folder), or on an sdcard partition if they have created one ("sys on sdcard partition" - I recommend this, take the ten minutes it takes to partition your sd card if you are running from haret).
3. as far as getting data working, for sprint people, I have never had to enter any apn info. ever. if data does not work, wait. if it still does not work, reboot. 99% of the cases this will take care of it. if rebooting does not work, and you have data working using windows mobile, then I would try entering apn stuff.

thanks again!

Could you please post here the default.txt that works on NIKE (Touch Dual) thanks.

joluinfante

Nov 20, 2011
About android install in psion device

Hi!
I'm trying to install with your method in a psion neo.
The handheld is running wince5.
I have 80mb of internal memory (40 for run programs, 40 for storage), and a flash disk internal, with 100mb. This two devices are internal.
I have attached a usb with the installer.
When I run the haret.exe, the screen freeze, and nothing happens.
I can add a external sd with 2gb or more.
I'm thinking this device is limitted to run android, but, I'd like to try.
I have a lot of experience on linux/unix/etc, but, in standard servers/workstations (x86, risc, etc).
Can you help me information about the method to do the install by hand?
Is there the sources of haret to see the steps to boot android?

TIA
jorge infante
rosario - santa fe - argentina

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Hi!
I did continue working on it. I did find the sources for haret.
I'm thinking this:
Is it posible build the android filesystem out of the handheld, and then, boot from a sd, with a program similar like haret?
I suppouse we can:
* put a boot files in the root of the device, to do the device bootable.
* mount the filesystem in the sd, with all android os
Is it posible?
I can't remove wince from the handheld, now, only I can try on the volatile filesystem.

TIA
jorge infante

georgflrorin

Aug 19, 2012
Hy ! When i open HARET application and i press "Run" , it tell me "Please set start of ram (RAMADDR)". What can i do ? Thank you !

D

Deleted member 1890170

Hy ! When i open HARET application and i press "Run" , it tell me "Please set start of ram (RAMADDR)". What can i do ? Thank you !
Same!!!

Experimented a little bit by editing HaRET's file default.txt. Disabled RAMSIZE thus HaRET should autodetect it. Set RAMADDR to HaRET's default = 0xa0000000. Got error "failed to lock 678 pages (code 6)". Set RAMADDR to 0x42000000. Again this error message,

By which means one can find out CE's correct RAMADDR?

Halfflip126

Jan 23, 2013
Haret Wont Work

Someone help me please. I've tried to install android a good 40 times via haret with various android files. For some reason though, I fail every single time. I have successfully gotten to the penguin but then i get a kernel panic and it says "rebooting in 3" and freezes for 20 minutes or more. The only way to get the device usable again is to reset it using the stylus. Can someone please help me?

Itz adi

Aug 6, 2015
Haret on windows phone 8.1 (lumia 535) - problem to install

I am using windows phone 8.1 (lumia 535) . i have just tried to install haret following the exact instructions but when i am trying to install on my 16 GB sd card using sd reader on my pc it showing that haret is naot a valid win 32 file to run.
and i also tried to install it on my phone however i didnt understand in the instruction where to do it. there it also indicating that is an error .
so is it possible to install android in lumia 535 dual??
or the haret is invalid for my phone? Am i have to use another sd card?
please can anyone tell me??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: Rather than following these steps, at this point I'd recommend just using Myn’s Latest Warm Donut build which includes all the files needed in one download: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=619980 . It seems to be the most stable out at the moment.

I've spent some hours wading through the forums to find complete instructions for installing the newer android builds using the WM haret.exe linux booter (rather than flashing the entire phone and loosing WM) on my touch Vouge.
    I am new at this, but since I did not find complete instructions, and had to figure some things out using trial and error I thought I would post what I did figure out here in hopes of helping others.
    My instructions may be off or misguided. If so please post with corrections. I just know I was looking for a guide like this and couldn't find one so hope this helps someone.

I should also note that I did these step specifically to get the new wired headset fix working on my phone.

I have copied from the install instructions here: sourceforge.net/apps/trac/androidhtc/wiki/HowToInstall
    and made some further corrections where I found them lacking.

#summary Installation instructions
    HOW TO GET IT RUNNING
    Step 0: Prep your phone

* You need to be able to run unsigned apps, as the Haret launcher is not signed.
    * You need a recent radio for your device. That means 3.37.xx or better. I'd recommend either using the latest radio for your carrier, or the Bell 3.42.50 radio.
    * A fast SD card will work best, try to get class 6 if possible.

Step 1: Download the files!

* Download haretinstall.zip from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2010-02-20/haretinstall.zip/download
    * Extract haretinstall.zip to get the ANDBOOT folder. Copy ANDBOOT and all of its contents to the ROOT of your SD card. This contains the zImage (kernel), initrd.gz (initial ramdisk), and the files for haret, all in an andboot folder. They need to stay in the andboot folder.
    * Rename the default.txt file to startup.txt if you want to skip a start up step by making haret.exe automatically run when clicked instead of having to then tap Run.

* Download mssmisoneclairv6.rar from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2010-03-16/mssmisoneclairv6.rar/download
    * Extract mssmisoneclairv6.rar to get androidinstall.tar. Copy androidinstall.tar to the andboot folder.

* Download the latest zImage from here: http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D
    * Rename zImage-##-##-## to just zImage and put it in the andboot folder (either renaming or overwriting the old zImage file that came with haretinstall.zip)

Step 2: Start it up!

* Run Haret, and it should boot into android.
    1. When prompted, hold down the center dpad button to enter the installer menu
    2. You can choose where to install android if you have created ext2 partions for the sys and data parts of android on your sd card or just choose "Install System"
    3. Quit and let it boot up (may take a while)

Tips

Here's a list of the keys for the Vogue. Other devices may be similar.

* Volume controls volume
    * Long Press camera is home
    * Press and release camera is back
    * Press and release top power button is menu
    * Press and hold 1 second top power button for on screen keyboard
    * Press and hold 2 seconds top power button for landscape (turn off auto rotate in settings)
    * Press and hold end key for shutdown menu
    * For best battery life, disable background data in Settings..Data