Sélective data roaming control

Search This thread

chocorem

May 20, 2006
Hello, I'm travelling a lot abroad and have a roaming data plan... nevertheless I'm always over the plan....

Would like to be able to use whatsapp and block some other apps ....

The best would be to be able to blockbcettain data's .... for example pictures not loading in Facebook ....

Does something like this exist ? I'm currently using droidwall , but it doesn t give me the selective function !

Envoyé depuis mon GT-N7000 avec Tapatalk

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
Good idea, but it's not possible to have that granularity of control over random apps.

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

alex_herrero

Jul 6, 2010
Buenos Aires
Yes you can. Try LBE privacy guard, it will let you specify which applications have the privilege of using 3G, which ones should only use wifi, and even blocking all data access for the apps you want to isolate completely. The app even let you choose which other permissions you want to activate, like making calls, sending sms, locking your position, you name it. Very powerful and useful!

chocorem

May 20, 2006
Thats good news I'll try lit this evening !

Thanks

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
That only limits the app to wifi or 3g. It's not a roaming mode control per app at all.

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

chocorem

May 20, 2006
Yes I realize that .... the app is working like droidwall.... the positive point is that you can have a promptasking every time, so you can choose to load or not....

But no content filtering ....

I found a temporary solution using the browser of ICS with the " no image function ".... (even chrome mobile do not have this option !!!! ) but this is messy and not practical !!