FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Screen Broken, trying to save the device?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By JCimmino, Junior Member on 31st January 2014, 09:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
I was a firm fanboy of the Droid line for awhile, and then I had trouble with my Droid Razr Maxx Hd. My screen is completely broken, no visual or anything, and when I plug it in to my computer, the notification light turns solid green for a short time, the computer makes a noise as though a device has been connected, but the phone doesn't appear on My Computer. Then, the notification light goes out, the computer makes the disconnect noise, and the cycle repeats. My phone is rooted, with an unlocked bootloader, and stock kitkat, with usb debugging enabled, and the latest motorola drivers are on my computer. Does anybody happen to know how to get the phone to be recognized by the pc, so I can get my data off of there?

5th February 2014, 07:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCimmino

Hi all,
I was a firm fanboy of the Droid line for awhile, and then I had trouble with my Droid Razr Maxx Hd. My screen is completely broken, no visual or anything, and when I plug it in to my computer, the notification light turns solid green for a short time, the computer makes a noise as though a device has been connected, but the phone doesn't appear on My Computer. Then, the notification light goes out, the computer makes the disconnect noise, and the cycle repeats. My phone is rooted, with an unlocked bootloader, and stock kitkat, with usb debugging enabled, and the latest motorola drivers are on my computer. Does anybody happen to know how to get the phone to be recognized by the pc, so I can get my data off of there?

Does the screen show anything elsewhere (like recovery or fastboot) ?
5th February 2014, 08:15 PM |#3  
Flag Zapopan, Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 595

Donate to Me
More
First of all: stock kitkat? When this happened?

Second: Why don't you connect your phone to a HD TV through HDMI you will be able to see what happens on your phone, then you can install Titanium Backup, backup all your data, go to a file manager, move all the files in internal storage to external SD, done!

Enviado desde mi HTC Explorer A310e mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

My xt925 have the screen broken too I can't see anything but the digitizer still works and I can see everything on my TV using a HDMI cable

5th February 2014, 08:49 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianX

Why don't you connect your phone to a HD TV through HDMI you will be able to see what happens on your phone, then you can install Titanium Backup, backup all your data, go to a file manager, move all the files in internal storage to external SD, done!

Considering how the phone reacts, it doesnt sounds like a simple display fault, the usb wouldnt bip like that on Windows.
7th February 2014, 05:28 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybris95

Considering how the phone reacts, it doesnt sounds like a simple display fault, the usb wouldnt bip like that on Windows.

Yeah, really, all I want to do is restore my contacts at this point. I have a TWRP backup from my phone, that includes the data.ext4.win, and system.ext4.win partitions on it, is there any way to recover the contacts from those directories? I can't find com.android.providers anywhere in the either app directory though!
7th February 2014, 05:53 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I am including a picture of my TWRP recovery here, I notice that the data.ext4 image is split, would that cause a problem when being read with an application like the nandroid manager?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled5.png
Views:	44
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	2563763  
7th February 2014, 09:00 AM |#7  
Flag Zapopan, Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 595

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, really, all I want to do is restore my contacts at this point. I have a TWRP backup from my phone, that includes the data.ext4.win, and system.ext4.win partitions on it, is there any way to recover the contacts from those directories? I can't find com.android.providers anywhere in the either app directory though!

Don't you have synchronized your contacts to your Google account?

7th February 2014, 02:24 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I am including a picture of my TWRP recovery here, I notice that the data.ext4 image is split, would that cause a problem when being read with an application like the nandroid manager?

Why not using TWRP if these backups have been made with TWRP ?
I think it will be much more able to restore the data he made itself
7th February 2014, 03:38 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Why not using TWRP if these backups have been made with TWRP ?
I think it will be much more able to restore the data he made itself

The main reason I am not using my TWRP backup is because I'm now using a Google Nexus 5, and I have already customized this phone to my needs, and I'd rather not use the old backups!
7th February 2014, 05:36 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

The main reason I am not using my TWRP backup is because I'm now using a Google Nexus 5, and I have already customized this phone to my needs, and I'd rather not use the old backups!

Well if you can manage to backup your current phone, restore your old backup, backup the contacts with a third party app like MyBackup for example and then restore your backup again to what it was after begining this operation.
Then you should be able to restore your contacts without touching your current phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)