Is the Harman Kardon - Sprint deal true?

Search This thread

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
http://bgr.com/2014/04/10/sprint-htc-one-m8-harman-kardon-edition/

Allegedly Sprint and Harman Kardon have done a speaker deal which is exclusive to Sprint customers. Would HTC actually alter a complete production line for one carrier?

If true seems a bit of a crappy thing to do to others?

It seems there is a line in the default.xml to enable it. (similar to Beats audio)

Having flashed to the RUU GPE conversion I don't have the stock default.xml so can't check.

Apparently there is also an RUU out for Sprint customers

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729173

Last edited:

Zynesterysdan

Sep 9, 2013
I'm hoping it's just a eq like the beats audio software, if not I'll be a sad panda

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

maxrdlf95

Sep 8, 2012
USA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
you can activate harman/kardon feature on default.xml file but for me I'm not noticing any diff

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-25-11-36-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-25-11-36-44.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 220

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Are the speakers made by h/k?

Actually probably not made by them but maybe they helped with the amp and tuning it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
you can activate harman/kardon feature on default.xml file but for me I'm not noticing any diff

It's in the International Rom in the default xml that's right, however the libs are missing. Same as wen can enable the beats toggle but due missing libs, it's just a useless toggle. That's why you guys don't here a difference

However my team is looking into that and is going to try to make it work for us international users too.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: maxrdlf95

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
It's in the International Rom in the default xml that's right, however the libs are missing. Same as wen can enable the beats toggle but due missing libs, it's just a useless toggle. That's why you guys don't here a difference

However my team is looking into that and is going to try to make it work for us international users too.

So you believe it is simply a software issue and the hardware is the same? Would the RUU the Sprint users have hold the libs?

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Where are you guys seeing the Harmon entry on the default xml? I only see boomsound and beats. Is it in another part of the file? Can't search it now as I'm on the train..

Edit nm I found it
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have no doubt... didn't mean to imply it was

Otherwise we'd all be doing it :)

You got a point there :p will let you know if something happens regarding getting it to work