• No, revert to old CDMA

Votes: 74 41.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Moose8106

Nov 3, 2008
Orland Park
Really? Are you using V8 6.5 ROM? And you have slide to answer working? That's very interesting! I would like to have that... I can't install right now because I don't want to mess everything up and need a hard reset ;)

Yeah I'm using the V8 6.5 Rom from NFSFAN here's the download link http://www.filesavr.com/pdgphonecanvasminimalqvgav10a notice it said QVGA with slider!!!! It's in Pauldegroot's post but he says "thanks to mbarvian for the opal phonecanvas" So I wanted to thank him too because it worked I'll post pics with Capsure later......

crs1

Apr 22, 2009
Multiple Email Addresses

Quick question everyone, I'm currently on nfsfan 6.1 and would like to move to 6.6 but i'm curious how 6.5 handles multiple email addresses (outlook and gmail). I like how Manila 2d handles it. Anyone have any screenshots or description on how 6.5 handles multiple email address?

Thanks

LexusFTW

Feb 10, 2009
I'm having trouble upgrading ROMs on my phone.
The phone is currently running NFSFAN's 1.09 ROM. I'm trying to upgrade to 6.5.

I plug the phone in and get a connection to ActiveSync then I run the RUU. My phone gives the rainbow screen and then the status bar screen where it shows 0%. After a couple minutes a screen pops up on the computer that says the connection has been lost. I've tried multiple times and this happens every time. What can I do differently to fix this?

j_mee_5

Oct 26, 2007
i get the same thing to..i try it 3 times and all 3 times i re download it. i want to try it out if i like it i gonna keep it if not going back to m2d haha

rlaxton

Mar 26, 2007
Olympia, WA
RE: Multiple Email Addresses

Quick question everyone, I'm currently on nfsfan 6.1 and would like to move to 6.6 but i'm curious how 6.5 handles multiple email addresses (outlook and gmail). I like how Manila 2d handles it. Anyone have any screenshots or description on how 6.5 handles multiple email address?

Thanks

I use both Outlook and Gmail, I would say it handles it nicely. 6.5 has the same "folder view" as Windows Mobile 6.1. You can scroll to the right or left on the Today screen shown below to see your multiple email accounts and once you select the email it takes you right into read it. See if these pictures help you at all.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

crs1

Apr 22, 2009
I use both Outlook and Gmail, I would say it handles it nicely. 6.5 has the same "folder view" as Windows Mobile 6.1. You can scroll to the right or left on the Today screen shown below to see your multiple email accounts and once you select the email it takes you right into read it. See if these pictures help you at all.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Oh so "flicking" left/right on the email line goes to difference accts? I would've thought it would've went to different email messages within the same account.
Hmmm... doesn't really make sense u can only see the latest email for each account. If I had my choice, I'd like a different email line item for each email acct. Is this possible?
Thanks for your help, I want to upgrade to 6.5 but not if it's going to be worse then what I have and REALLY don't feel like going the effort and putting everything back afterwards.

Moose8106

Nov 3, 2008
Orland Park
I'm having trouble upgrading ROMs on my phone.
The phone is currently running NFSFAN's 1.09 ROM. I'm trying to upgrade to 6.5.

I plug the phone in and get a connection to ActiveSync then I run the RUU. My phone gives the rainbow screen and then the status bar screen where it shows 0%. After a couple minutes a screen pops up on the computer that says the connection has been lost. I've tried multiple times and this happens every time. What can I do differently to fix this?

i get the same thing to..i try it 3 times and all 3 times i re download it. i want to try it out if i like it i gonna keep it if not going back to m2d haha

You need to Run ImCoKeMaN's vogue unlocker found here at ppc geeks http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370

flash with that to unlock your phone then flash NFSFAN's rom if you still need help you should look at CodyBear's FAQ (the link is in his signature) where he has step by step intructions on how to unlock and flash your phone

yandi3401

Dec 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Oh so "flicking" left/right on the email line goes to difference accts? I would've thought it would've went to different email messages within the same account.
Hmmm... doesn't really make sense u can only see the latest email for each account. If I had my choice, I'd like a different email line item for each email acct. Is this possible?
Thanks for your help, I want to upgrade to 6.5 but not if it's going to be worse then what I have and REALLY don't feel like going the effort and putting everything back afterwards.

I can still use Manilla2D in 6.5! :D

- The 6.5 Rom is great!

Moose8106

Nov 3, 2008
Orland Park
Slide to Answer

Here are the pics I promised on v8 6.5

Attachments

• 855.jpg
    855.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 34
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 34
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

LexusFTW

Feb 10, 2009
You need to Run ImCoKeMaN's vogue unlocker found here at ppc geeks http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370

flash with that to unlock your phone then flash NFSFAN's rom if you still need help you should look at CodyBear's FAQ (the link is in his signature) where he has step by step intructions on how to unlock and flash your phone

So do you have to run unlocker every time you flash the phone? I used unlocker to install 1.09 ROM. I didn't know I have to use it again.

novafreak69

Nov 4, 2008
NETWORK

Is there a way to prevent having to call Verizon after I install this new WM6.5 ROM to have my phone put back on the network?

rlaxton

Mar 26, 2007
Olympia, WA
RE: RE: Multiple Email Addresses

Originally Posted by crs1
Oh so "flicking" left/right on the email line goes to difference accts?
yes you can scroll through your different accts.

I would've thought it would've went to different email messages within the same account.
I am not sure at least I don't know how to do it. Yes it only displays the latest email and if you have more than one it would just say 2 new messages for example

That's a tough one, if 6.5 V9 is going to be out soon I might just wait and see how that looks before you go through the trouble

moekind

Oct 25, 2007
Anyone waiting for NFSFAN to update his rom should go home, take
2 Tyelnols, and go to sleep. NFSFAN has officially quit supporting his Vogue
rom, in fact now that he has a Touch Pro, he classifies the Vogue as
a "lower class" phone. In other words he thinks he's too cool for us.
So everyone pack up and leave, and wait for a new Vogue savior.

olografix

Nov 26, 2007

Not what he said yesterday, see post 6197.

codybear

Nov 16, 2008
Mesa, Arizona

dude. the vogue is obsolete.
its mad old. touch pro is bout obsolete too.

and if youd read, hes working on an update.
of course his main phone's rom comes fst,
but he posted saying hes workin on v9.
so youre the one that needs the pills lol

codybear

Nov 16, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
i used live to translate the page and it installed okay just can't seem to get it to show on the today screen. it shows in titanium customizer but not on today screen. i posted over on his post in this forum for some help. i hope i can get that to work cause it is just what i have been looking for
I was talking about the plugin though.
Like if there was a setup menu that you had to go through,
kinda like the fav people plugin and stuff like that,
i just didn't know if there was part of the setup that was written in french instead of english.

the post below would explain why it wouldn't show since it was in vga format and not qvga.

i finally got that jml stock thing to work.. the prob was it was to big like it is made for maybe the pro or something with a bigger screen then mine. i adjusted the size back to 240x320 from the orginal 480x640. but pretty much everything is way to big. is there a program i can use to seen the plugin sizes it needs to be before i install it. how do you make these plugins i guess i what im asking. a nudge in the right direction i guess would help
look up showaco's post.
go to my faq,
and open the chome editor original thread link.
in there there should be a program called atplugin installer.
that's how everyone is installing these plugins without overwriting the titanium cpr's.
If you'd like, send me the files you have, and i'll see if I can resize everything to qvga size as I'm sure all of the images and what not are still in vga since you said "pretty much everything is way to big"

another quick question how do i rotate the screen with this rom?
I assigned my camera button to rotate the screen. Just try settings> personal> buttons.
That's the way I do it.
I also use a program called aebutton plus and that allows you to have up to four functions per button.
But I have a hard time getting the call/end buttons to have multiple functions,
so I just leave them alone.

Thanks
You can use manilla 2d.
Just go to the start>settings>today, click items tab.
uncheck windows default(titanium) and check touchflo or manilla
whichever its labelled as.

Manilla 2d is in the 6.5 rom.
see above reply.
Also. if you used the .40 unlocker
(or .41 forget which number it is exacly, think it's .40)
that does not have the relock protection with the stock roms.
meaning ifyou unlocked, and upgraded to a new stock rom it will relock your phone.
but if you use the 2.41(forget exact number again) it has the relock protection (which is bad in my eyes) and you can flash all you want.

It is possible to have an email for each line,
but it has not been programmed yet.
you'd have to create a new panel for each account,
and link it to the panel.
I might do this here eventually this summer.

Here are the pics I promised on v8 6.5
Thanks, looks good.
I'll have to add that stuff to my faq. ;)

So do you have to run unlocker every time you flash the phone? I used unlocker to install 1.09 ROM. I didn't know I have to use it again.
Look at my response to the jme person about two replies up.

Is there a way to prevent having to call Verizon after I install this new WM6.5 ROM to have my phone put back on the network?
You shouldn't have to.
Did you try installing the dcd carrier cab located in my faq?

Originally Posted by crs1
Oh so "flicking" left/right on the email line goes to difference accts?
yes you can scroll through your different accts.

I would've thought it would've went to different email messages within the same account.
I am not sure at least I don't know how to do it. Yes it only displays the latest email and if you have more than one it would just say 2 new messages for example

That's a tough one, if 6.5 V9 is going to be out soon I might just wait and see how that looks before you go through the trouble
It's possible.
Like I mentioned above I might have to work on the multiple lines for accounts.
but I think it's kinda pointless since it only has like 4 lines, maybe 5 tops that you can see. it would be more effective on a vga or bigger screen with more screen realestate.

I would flash. It might be a week or two since nfsfan mod's the core of the phone with his own dll's.
And does other tweaks as well.
Not to mention I'm pretty sure he tests them somewhat
before he even releases them.

This is another prime example of people that don't read.
it's not even that far back in the pages.
geez.

I just had to make another reply. lol.
it pissed me off

j_mee_5

Oct 26, 2007
i cant get the internet to work..
no weather
no msn
nothing..

i install the sprint gps reg
and the sprint internet gps fix.

any help????

codybear

Nov 16, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
*cough* owned *cough*
:cool:

lol, didn't realize I had that many typos till you posted that. haha.
woops.
I was on the sh*ter on my phone. haha.
I guess I should have proofread it. o well.

i cant get the internet to work..
no weather
no msn
nothing..

i install the sprint gps reg
and the sprint internet gps fix.

any help????
The sprint stuff is fluky. it's worked for some, and not the others.
there's a few posts in this thread with possible sprint fixes that has worked for some. Also, weather and msn would only work if internet is working.
Did you install the sprint carrier cab also?
If not, do that and soft reset, and see if it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFSFAN's 6.5 21864 SYS/XIP V1.00 GENERIC CARRIER ROM

HOT OUT OF THE OVEN AND SUPER STABLE!!!!!
    Fastest WM6.5 ROM FOR VOGUE GUARANTEED

V1.00 RELEASED!!!

GET YOUR DOWNLOAD HERE

REQUIREMENTS: Must have general knowledge of PPCs and how to use one. GPS Radio.
    RECOMMENDED: GPS Radio (3.42.50) for Bell users

Precaution: Do not backup anything from previous ROM versions.
    Only backup contacts, appointments, emails and text messages.

IMPORTANT:
    Always flash from bootloader mode!!!
    Always Hard-Reset after ROM flash!!!
    Always let customizations run on my ROMs!!!

CRITICAL:

1. You have the choice of which dialer to install.
    This is very important!! You must install a dialer from one of the
    supplied cabs!! You have 2 choices CDMA or GSM.
    Click Here to visit the dialer post I made :)

2. For GPS to work with different carriers than Bell install
    one of the cabs in the attachment below, that matches your carrier.

3. For the weather to show up on the Manila2D homescreen
    you have to install the CDMA Home Weather Fix.cab
    found in the attachments at the end of this post. However, make
    sure that you ONLY install the cab after you setup the city in the
    weather tab of M2D, or else M2D will not launch.

4. To add custom cities for the weather tab on M2D, go to Start,
    Settings, System, and tap on Manila2D Weather Cities Editor.

NFSFAN's Opera 9.5

Based off newest build 17753!

Tweaked and built to be used with NFS ROM.
    Fully featured and loaded with speed enhancements. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Changes over stock:
    *Tweaked to be used with Vogue NFS ROM (heap & memory)
    *Zoom Slider Enabled
    *Uninstallable
    *Full Exit
    *Auto RAM Cache
    *Max Tabs set to 5
    *Download Complete Notification
    *Smooth Scrolling
    *Turbo Mode
    *Special Effects Enabled
    *Scroll Bar Colors Enabled
    *20 MB Disk Cache
    *Large page cache
    *Large image cache
    *Tweaked Adaptive Zooming
    *Max Server and Total Connections Tweaked
    *Removed HTC splash, substituted for original Opera splash
    *Defaulted skin colors to stock Opera
    *Home page set to google

FUTURE PLANS (V1.01):

N/A

****************************************************************************

HOTFIXES:

Verizon MMS:

* Install the cab provided in the link below, then after install go into the Connections,
    and delete everything there. After that is done, open Advanced
    Config, press Menu, and press "Import provisioning XML".
    Search for mxipupdate_oemoperators_102.provxml, and import it. Soft-reset, and MMS
    should work.

MMS CAB

GALLERY:

200906022152430000111f.jpg
    200910112337430004111g.jpg
    200907242049420002111f.jpg

200907242049310001111f.jpg
    200907242049080000111f.jpg
    200904060247120007111f.jpg

Code:
    ********************************************************************************************
                            [U]Full Change Log [COLOR=Red](Applies to all Releases)[/COLOR][/U]

[URL="http://74.53.45.2/%7Eevadmin/nfsfan/Public%20Releases/Vogue%206.5/WM6.5%20Log.txt"][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[U]General Change Log[/U]

[U]V1.00[/U]

***Fixed issue with hard resets occuring***
    *Kitchen changed to platformrebuilder with my .bat scripts
    *WMP plays videos by default
    *Fixed headphone issue (this time it works properly no joke)
    *Fixed blurry camera
    *Fixed video recording issues (removed CIF & L modes)
    *Fixed date and time picker position in landscape + ported new version
    *Fixed Album slideshow
    *Optimized boot
    *Optimized memory allocation
    *Added new WinMo Dialer skin
    *Added new icons for Adobe & Album
    *Added aGPS Confirmation  --  1.0.1918.3131
    *Added HTC Geo Service  --  1.0.1919.1120
    *Added Microsoft Facebook  -- 1.0.0.7
    *Added Manila2D Weather Cities Editor  --  2.1
    *Added Bluetooth Audio Gateway support
    *Added Microsoft Marketplace
    *Updated to final WM6.5 21864 build (builds after will be designed on 6.5.1 branch and will be betas)
    *Updated Google Maps  --  3.2.1.17
    *Updated Adobe PDF  --  2.5.1.0.395886.05H
    *Updated Boot Launcher --  1.0.1918.1525
    *Updated HTC Framework  --  1.1.1919.2728
    *Updated Shared Resource  --  1.0.1919.2728
    *Updated Manila 2D  --  2.0.1919.1432
    *Updated AudioManager  --  2.2.1918.2329
    *Updated Media Tool Kit  --  1.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Random Access  --  4.1.1917.3928
    *Updated RSS Hub  --  2.1.1.1101
    *Updated Settings Improvement  --  1.0.1918.4129
    *Updated Streaming Media  --  3.1.1918.3421
    *Updated Task Manager  -- 2.1.1918.3027
    *Updated USB to PC Popup  --  2.3.1918.3029
    *Updated Voice Recorder  --  1.10.1918.1619
    *Updated Menu Enhancement  --  1.1.1919.1133
    *Updated Email Setup Wizard  --  2.1.1919.1730
    *Updated HTC Power  --  3.3.0.0
    *Updated HTC Album  --  3.0.1918.2223
    *Updated Pocket RAR  --  3.90
    *Updated CapSure  -- 1.11g
    *Updated Windows Live
    *Updated MyPhone

********************************************************************************************

If you like and appreciate my work and effort, please take the time to click on the
    button. Thank you for your kind support!!!
    i was told a way to try and fix the start icons issue over at ppcgeeks, im no cook so i rather tell you instead

Modify StartMenu_GridView_240x320.crp (file name may not be exact, but it's close).
    Pics are blurry...unless I use the "sports" option

Anyone else noticed that since around V14 or so, that the pictures that are taken with the default camera option (has the camera icon in top left corner) always end up blurry, regardless of lighting? I've got around it by using the "sports" option (has the running person icon in the top left corner)...unfortunately, I have to take 3pics at a minimum; but with this setting, they are clear. I know that the first thought is that my hands are shakey...but it never happened on earlier ROM versions, even back to the 6.1 versions. Thoughts? Am I the only one?
    Hey all!

THIS MAY BE THE SOLUTION for those who are experiencing Internet connectivity problems since a couple of days with Bell (NFSFAN ROM).

YOU MAY NOT NEED TO REFLASH YOUR DEVICE or reinstall any Radio Versions or whatever.

JUST TRY THIS FIRST :
    1. Go to Settings, Connections and click on Connections Icon
    2. Click on "Manage existing connections"
    3. Click on Edit... for the Bell Mobility connection
    4. Click Next, Next and then Advanced button
    5. Go to the "Servers" tab
    6. Change this option : put it to "Use server-assigned addresses"
    (You can note on a paper your DNS and Alt DNS numbers in case, cause it will be deleted after).
    7. click ok. Click Finish.
    8. Try to connect.
    9. Surf the Internet !!!
    10. Take a beer after so much energy finding this problem....

Hope it will do the job for you!!