Thanks Meter: 2,051

More
Note 5 baby

6th November 2015, 07:08 PM |#14772  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReduxPL

I expect my Nexus 5 to last at least 2-3 years,then I'll be looking for a smartphone like Huawei, Oneplus, Xiaomi and maybe other less known manufacturers.

You mean 2-3 more years? That would be nice. The issue for me is finding quality parts. My replacement battery isn't as good as I hoped, and the back cover I replaced the old one with isn't sitting right, and NFC and wireless charging don't work. I definitely can't make it for much longer unless I can fix all the issues somehow.
6th November 2015, 11:28 PM |#14773  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Oneplus 2 vs Nexus 6P vs Moto X Pure Edition (aka Style)
Hi to everyone!
Beforehand I apologize for the bad grammar and I hope I came to the right place. I need your help to complement my college research. What I ask you for is to give me your opinion on some of the qualities of this three devices. Maybe this post doesn't contribute to the comunity but I'd really appreciate if you give me a hand
I would leave you some reviews on Youtube but I'm not allowed to post external links yet.

The aspects that I need you to rate in a range from 0 to 50 for each device, being 50 the best score are:
1. Aesthetic design (in general)
2. Ergonomics
3. Design personalisation (variety of colors, covers, etc)
4. User interface (user experience with menufacturer android skin)
5. Multimedia (quality of sound/video/gaming/etc)
6. Prestige (how good is the manufacturer's reputation)

I leave to you this ugly format so you just need copy/paste it and write your scores (remember 0 to 50) then I'll do the maths ...

ONEPLUS TWO
-Aesthetics:
-Ergonomics:
-Design personalisation:
-User interface:
-Multimedia:
-Prestige:

GOOGLE NEXUS 6P
-Aesthetics:
-Ergonomics:
-Design personalisation:
-User interface:
-Multimedia:
-Prestige (Google's):

MOTOROLA MOTO X PURE EDITION
-Aesthetics:
-Ergonomics:
-Design personalisation:
-User interface:
-Multimedia:
-Prestige:
7th November 2015, 06:35 AM |#14774  
Flag vijayawada

More
for me galaxy s3 or iPhone..
7th November 2015, 09:46 AM |#14775  
Flag jharsuguda
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Xiaomi mi5 coming .......

Sent from my CINK KING using Tapatalk
7th November 2015, 11:57 AM |#14776  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
I use Galaxy s4 with dirty unicorns rom and LG g2 with g2team Rom (from a good FB developer) but i preffer the s4 because you can put micro SD card into it
7th November 2015, 08:17 PM |#14777  
My girlfriend's LG G2 broke, which was her first ever android phone (converted her from iPhone, woot!). That being said, she's on the market to buy a new phone. She's quite fond of the LG G2 (G3, etc), as she's used to how they function (she's not that techy), so she's interested in staying with that line of phones.

She was thinking of just grabbing another G2, I suggested she grab a G3, and I wanted to know if there was another hot Android phone we can get, unlocked, for $200-$300 that would be a better use of the money. Thanks for any suggestions!
7th November 2015, 08:26 PM |#14778  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikilado

Xiaomi mi5 coming .......

Sent from my CINK KING using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the Mi5. Current rumors point at it being a 5.3" QHD device, though. I'll probably still buy it if it hits all the other points, but I really hope it isn't that big.
7th November 2015, 09:12 PM |#14779  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemfruit

My girlfriend's LG G2 broke, which was her first ever android phone (converted her from iPhone, woot!). That being said, she's on the market to buy a new phone. She's quite fond of the LG G2 (G3, etc), as she's used to how they function (she's not that techy), so she's interested in staying with that line of phones.

She was thinking of just grabbing another G2, I suggested she grab a G3, and I wanted to know if there was another hot Android phone we can get, unlocked, for $200-$300 that would be a better use of the money. Thanks for any suggestions!

For the money, the g2 is probably one of the best options and the g3 isn't any faster IMO. I have a broken g2 in my dresser and the worst thing about them is how flimsy they are IMO. That and poor support from lg if you don't want to root. My d803 was dropped by lg at 4.4.2. I have an m8 now which I like a lot better because of its build but the g2 is much cheaper to buy and just as fast, slightly better battery life and slightly bigger screen and slightly better camera.
7th November 2015, 10:13 PM |#14780  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 835

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory733

im looking for a newer phone that has:

micro sd card slot
unlockable bootloader.
will work on verizon service
working fm radio receiver
removable battery
screen at least 5.5"
type C usb
possibly micro hdmi

does such a thing even exist? what do you guys think

No, doesn't exist. LG G3 is the closest match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Mechanic

Gentleman,

I need to buy a new Verizon phone, and the options are either the Samsung S5, Samsung S6, LG G3, or LG G4. Any of those will work for me. The deciding factor for me is which one would be the easiest to root? I don't need recovery access, just root access to I can freeze/uninstall most apps/services.

So, which one of those would be the easiest to root?

Again, LG G3. I remember reading about the Galaxy S6 being easy to root, but I honestly don't know if this applies to the Verizon version or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemfruit

The G2 is still a great phone, and they're amazingly cheap these days. The G3 was everything people loved about the G2, but corrected the things people didn't like (microSD slot, removable battery). If she's OK with the extra size of the G3, that's the best choice. Better hardware, better camera, better speaker, etc. Plus, if you're (or rather, she's) not into trying custom ROMs, the G3 will have longer life in terms of updates.
7th November 2015, 11:07 PM |#14781  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

No, doesn't exist. LG G3 is the closest match.

Again, LG G3. I remember reading about the Galaxy S6 being easy to root, but I honestly don't know if this applies to the Verizon version or not.

The G2 is still a great phone, and they're amazingly cheap these days. The G3 was everything people loved about the G2, but corrected the things people didn't like (microSD slot, removable battery). If she's OK with the extra size of the G3, that's the best choice. Better hardware, better camera, better speaker, etc. Plus, if you're (or rather, she's) not into trying custom ROMs, the G3 will have longer life in terms of updates.

Totally agree with you, LG G3 rocks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)