[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2015, 05:55 PM |#14891  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Should I Go for the LG G flex 2 or the Oneplus One? Black friday deals have started popping up in my country and those 2 seem to be the best options in a price that I can afford.

I prefer stock android a lot more than the LG version of android and I like to tweak my phone(without changing roms), so the Oneplus has an advantage here. On the other hand the G flex 2 is the newer phone of the two so it is more future proof with android updates(I think) and it has a better CPU(1G less ram though). In terms of camera and screen, I'm actually not sure who's the better one so you guys can help me out on this. I Also heard that the One plus one has touch issues, so i'm also a bit afraid of that.

Thanks in advance!

21st November 2015, 07:01 PM |#14892  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6freak

CFAutoRoot doesn't always work. It doesn't root Samsung S5 or S6 or the N4/N5 Verizon/ATT variants.
Towelroot and PingPong Root doesn't trip Knox on the Sammy devices until the update that patched the exploit.
My G928C was rooted and hadn't tripped Knox UNTIL I flashed Arter97 kernel and Philz CWM recovery.
I stand by my previous statement.

"All we know is...He's called the Stig!"
Sent from my G928C Rockin AUDAX+Rom&Eladios Themes

Yeah, you're right, cfroot is not working since 5.1, on Samsung devices, I missed that on my Note 3 for obvious reasons.
But using cwm or TWRP, and flashing the SuperSu zip works.
And the rest are exploits, and they should be patched fast. I stand by my that statement.

Sent from my Nexus 6 running cyosp using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to istperson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift istperson Ad-Free
21st November 2015, 07:37 PM |#14893  
Quote:
Originally Posted by istperson

Yeah, you're right, cfroot is not working since 5.1, on Samsung devices, I missed that on my Note 3 for obvious reasons.
But using cwm or TWRP, and flashing the SuperSu zip works.
And the rest are exploits, and they should be patched fast. I stand by my that statement.

Sent from my Nexus 6 running cyosp using Tapatalk

Agreed Sammy patches exploits very fast

21st November 2015, 08:59 PM |#14894  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lg g4
22nd November 2015, 12:56 AM |#14895  
I don't know why but I just bought a Nexus 6p 64g

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

I might be selling it soon

22nd November 2015, 11:48 AM |#14896  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 338

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6freak

I don't know why but I just bought a Nexus 6p 64g

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

I might be selling it soon

Are you rich or just a really big smartphone freak?
22nd November 2015, 12:35 PM |#14897  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia_L

Are you rich or just a really big smartphone freak?

No I'm not rich

22nd November 2015, 02:18 PM |#14898  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Samsung Galaxy S6
22nd November 2015, 05:27 PM |#14899  
@force70 I've gotten the snowblind sickness bro and bought 64g Nexus 6p and it's all your fault

The Following User Says Thank You to s8freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s8freak Ad-Free
23rd November 2015, 04:29 AM |#14900  
St. Andrews
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Thinking of upgrading from my old S3 to a Nexus 6p or a Note 5. I prefer Note's 4gb of ram but I don't like the Exynos SOC (is there any actual community support like that of S3 back in the day?). On the other hand I really like the countless ROMs and mods that come with a Nexus, but 3gb for a flagship look small and there is also the build quality problems (bend, cracking) that I keep hearing/reading. What would you suggest? Is there anything that combines the good of both of them?
23rd November 2015, 06:02 AM |#14901  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 338

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_fighter

Thinking of upgrading from my old S3 to a Nexus 6p or a Note 5. I prefer Note's 4gb of ram but I don't like the Exynos SOC (is there any actual community support like that of S3 back in the day?). On the other hand I really like the countless ROMs and mods that come with a Nexus, but 3gb for a flagship look small and there is also the build quality problems (bend, cracking) that I keep hearing/reading. What would you suggest? Is there anything that combines the good of both of them?

3gb of ram is more than enough! You don't need so much nowadays, maybe in a few years... But with the nexus you have rom support for very many years! I would suggest you the nexus
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)