FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,610 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,955

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2013, 04:36 AM |#31  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demlv

Two questions:

1) I think I grabbed the updated script, but I don't see cp.exe referenced in it. Is it really there?

2) Is there a straightforward way to do the reverse of what the script does? I want to ADB push a folder's contents recursively to the phone (so that all subfolders and their contents are placed on the phone).

Thanks for any input....

EDIT: May have noticed a bit of trouble. Script is removing old files/folders on PC but only in sdcard/0/. New nandroids found in sdcard/clockworkmod/backup get added to the PC but old ones already deleted from the phone are not deleted on the PC side. Is that by design?

1) Yeah it's in the new "workaround" part. Line 16-17.

2) If you don't require the syncing then you should just do a normal adb push, right?

Yeah adbsync.exe fails to report that some files are Host only in the log so my batch script doesn't know about them to delete them. Known issue. Otherwise it seems to work pretty well.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st June 2013, 04:40 AM |#32  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
New getprio up with a minor change to explicitly call busybox for cut. Shouldn't make a difference as it still seemed to work fine before, but I like to be thorough.

Also a new f.Ku Emergency Reset Zip (now Kernel Emergency Reset Zip) is up. It should now support Trickster, SetCPU, and like 10 other kernel control apps and presumably any other devices that go with them.

Edit: And updated the lmk whitelist init.d script to run in it's own independent while sleep loop so that it doesn't hold up the rest of the init.d script(s).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2013, 10:02 PM |#33  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 3,192

More
You're last color settings are just awesome however There is a little difference between color multipliers(255) in you're posted config and color multipliers in 900colorsetting(265) file!

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free
10th June 2013, 01:28 AM |#34  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midomad

You're last color settings are just awesome however There is a little difference between color multipliers(255) in you're posted config and color multipliers in 900colorsetting(265) file!

Ah thanks for pointing that out! The typo is actually in my settings post though; the init.d script is correct: 255 265 340 for the multiplier.
10th June 2013, 08:52 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 577

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Ah thanks for pointing that out! The typo is actually in my settings post though; the init.d script is correct: 255 265 340 for the multiplier.

I thought 255 was the max for RGB i.e. one byte?
The Following User Says Thank You to fozzie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fozzie Ad-Free
10th June 2013, 02:11 PM |#36  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Some kernels limit it but the max has always been 400.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 06:01 PM |#37  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 3,192

More
I see new i/o and mnt settings?
What's new?

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 11:22 PM |#38  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midomad

I see new i/o and mnt settings?
What's new?

11-Jun-2013 950iosettings by Franco's Dev Team
12-May-2013 875mntsettings by Franco's Dev Team
11-Jun-2013 925vmsettings by Franco's Dev Team

950io only has cosmetic changes I hadn't noticed until now and is functionally the same as the 12-May version.
875mnt is the same as when originally posted. If you didn't catch my previous explanation of it, it brings the tweaked mount settings and the sysfs/sdcard remount script, that I already directly put into the fstab/init.rc and fkbootscript.sh for osmod, to a standalone script.
925vm is brand new with some finalized non-vm tweaks (which have been in osmod for awhile), and the new lmk + vm test tweaks which aren't finalized yet, but @pkgnex, @Khrushy, @The Gingerbread Man, and myself are working away at them as our main focus now. Please let us know how they feel vs. f.K default vm in r378-osmod.

http://v.ht/osm0sis
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/users/osm0sis

I also have a new 900color up in my GN Settings post if anyone was wondering where the "900-" script was at.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 11:38 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
And how about that experimental script? Sounds so intriguing and dangerous...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to Empty Hand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Empty Hand Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 11:44 PM |#40  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Hand

And how about that experimental script? Sounds so intriguing and dangerous...

Haha oh yeah, I forgot about that.

1-Jun-2013 975experimental by Franco's Dev Team

It has my lmk launcher whitelist (+ launcher niceness tweak), systemui niceness tweak (thanks boype/Fancy Kernel for the idea there), and those crazy dalvik vm heap tweaks everyone's been so keen on messing with the last few months, but set with setprop so that you don't have to edit your build.prop. The heap tweaks especially are what I consider ROM territory so would never be part of osmod or any of the other FDT scripts, and the other ones are already in osmod, but have never been released standalone.
13th June 2013, 12:59 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Thanks for putting these together and sharing them osmosis! Nice clean and simple. Great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to bjcrj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bjcrj Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)