[APP][4.1+][V5.4] Open Mic+ for Google Now

Search This thread

RSenG2x

Jun 3, 2012
Seattle, WA
www.RSenApps.com
Seem to have a bug in both versions 3.7 and 3.8 where custom tasker commands fire randomly without any prompt, while screen is off (I.e. phone will be in sleep mode, will read its wake up command, etc while in my pocket or on the charger). Could be related to kitkat, since I've only had the bug since then, but that also coincided with 3.7 so I can't be sure. Don't think its a tasker bug, since only the commands I have listed in open mic have fired on their own.

Great app by the way, I recommend it to everyone. Ive created an 'only listen while screen is on but locked' implementation for almost no battery impact and I've pretty much become reliant on it.

Do you want to send me a log of this? This is the first I'm hearing of it...

davucini

Aug 4, 2008
Seem to have a bug in both versions 3.7 and 3.8 where custom tasker commands fire randomly without any prompt, while screen is off (I.e. phone will be in sleep mode, will read its wake up command, etc while in my pocket or on the charger). Could be related to kitkat, since I've only had the bug since then, but that also coincided with 3.7 so I can't be sure. Don't think its a tasker bug, since only the commands I have listed in open mic have fired on their own.

Great app by the way, I recommend it to everyone. Ive created an 'only listen while screen is on but locked' implementation for almost no battery impact and I've pretty much become reliant on it.

Do you mind sharing how you did that? I dont see an option for "listen only when locked but screen on"

galaxys3lover

Dec 6, 2012
Tbilisi
Works only with Wifi on?

Hey love the app ! its working really well , but only if my wifi is on , i thought it uses offline voice recognition ?.. but if i switch off wifi , then it doesnt work?.. does it need atleast data to work? @RSenG2x ?

i set up a tasker command to call a contact and it works when connected to wifi , but doesnt when im offline? any help? i m new to this , so im probably doing something wrong :/

Offline works only with English, or other language which you can download for offline recognition. Which language do you use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSenG2x

RSenG2x

Jun 3, 2012
Seattle, WA
www.RSenApps.com
RSen do you think you'll be able to incorporate the new pin functionality into open mic?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hmm... I probably could, but at the same time I wouldn't be able to guarantee that similar sounding numbers wouldn't also unlock the device... It would take some time to optimize, but if more users ask for it I'll definitely see what I can do.

jhulion

Dec 16, 2012
lima
hello everyone , i have a problem with open mic ... the place where are tasker is disable .... how can fixed this problem
thank yo u

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Open Mic+
    Google Now, Everywhere.

As featured on XDA, LifeHacker, SlashGear, Android Community, Android Spin, dotTech, AndroidInt'l, and more!

With Open Mic+ for Google Now, access all the commands from anywhere on your phone. Simply say "Okay Google" or wave your hand in front of the screen. Screen on, screen off Google Now will be ready to listen.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
    Google Now becomes more conversational as after a search just say Okay Google to start a new one. And even better get the answers to your questions while your hands are tied, or when you're on the couch, or in the car.

TOMORROW'S FEATURES TODAY
    Everybody's talking about the new Touchless Controls features for the Moto X, but now any phone that is running Jelly Bean or higher can have the same experience.

SEAMLESS
    Open Mic+ will run in the background and can be configured to start at boot so that it truly becomes part of the phone.

TASKER INTEGRATION
    Truly automate your device by combining the endless command list of Tasker with the ease of access of Open Mic!

Open Mic+ uses offline voice recognition which means less data usage and faster results.

What I'm working on:
    See the g+ page for more details! Also please contact me if you are willing to contribute. Experience in sound engineering is especially welcome!

Please see the g+ page for more details and for videos (Also follow to be notified of updates!): http://plus.google.com/112424215551484520138/posts
    Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.OpenMic.Pheonix

[QRCODE]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.OpenMic.Pheonix[/QRCODE]

Remember this is a work in progress, if it isn't working for you now, make sure to follow the g+ page so you'll know when I make it better :)

Changelog:
    5.4:
    - Google has asked me to remove the Google Speech Engine due to high server traffic. From here on out, the only supported speech engine will be PocketSphinx... Kind of sucks, but you know you're legitimate when you are producing enough traffic for Google to care about you :)
    - Because of this change Tasker commands are not supported... yet (I know a way just need more time). For now use my other app Commandr http://goo.gl/ymwQ46
    - Fixes for conflicts in Lollipop
    - Pocketsphinx optimization
    5.3:
    - bug and crash fixes
    5.2:
    - bug and crash fixes
    5.1:
    - bug and crash fixes
    5.0:
    - Completely redesigned UI to both simplify and guide the user experience (inspired by the Google Now design)
    - Tablet-Optimized UI
    - Multiple optimizations for PocketSphinx and Google engine
    - Device-specific optimizations for Nexus 5 and Moto G
    - Change sensitivity of Wave and Shake Detection
    - Simplify Listen while screen off settings (even I got confused before!)
    - Automatically blacklist apps that use the mic (this fixes issues with the camera, Shaazam, and other similar apps)
    - Fix Tasker Command problems (this update will wipe your current commands)
    - Visual feedback to show what Open Mic+ is doing
    - Redesigned Support interface which will auto-send logs and device information (with consent) and will allow two-way conversations without an email address (Huge thanks to Sky Kelsey and the Apptentive Team!)
    - Targeted Surveys which will allow me to push updates more effectively
    - Many donate-only features are now free
    - Free users who are unable to pay for the donate version can now get all of the donate features by sharing to two out of three of Google+, Facebook, and Twitter
    - Multiple crash and bug fixes
    - Professional Translations for Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish

Not included in this update, but also figured out how to allow Tasker Commands for PocketSphinx! This will be included in a future update :)

4.5:
    ★ Lots of Force close and bug fixes (sorry these are very complicated issues, still working on them...)
    ★ Additional logging to help understand other issues
    ★ Tweaking of PocketSphinx engine settings for better recognition
    ★ Resolving issues with UserVoice SDK (if you are having trouble sending a log, remember that your log is copied so you can always paste it into the email link below)
    4.4:
    ★ Lots of Force close and bug fixes (sorry this took so long, but they were pretty tricky to figure out)
    ★ (Donate) Pocketsphinx - Option to pause listening during music playback
    ★ Issues with sending support requests should be resolved
    ★ Check if both versions are installed to prevent accidentally using the free version when the donate version is installed
    4.3:
    ★ Force close and Can't Reach Google fixes (Thanks for all the logs! If you are still having this issue please email me. Sorry it has taken so long to fix these, but it is actually a very complicated issue which has many sources)
    ★ Shake sensitivity fixed
    ★ Bug fixes & performance improvements
    4.2:
    ★ Force close and Can't Reach Google fixes (if you are still having this issue please email me)
    ★ Crash reporting added to help fix future crashes. This requires the Internet permission, which is why I added it. Please know that based on my privacy policy (http://OpenMic.RSenApps.com/privacypolicy.html) I cannot and never will upload any data without the user's consent
    ★ Native contact us, knowledge base, and future ideas, just click the Support button. This makes it easier to report issues...

4.1:
    ★ Force close and Can't Reach Google fixes (if you are still having this issue please email me)
    ★ Huge Apk/install size fixed
    ★ Various bug fixes...

Version 4.0 ICS (I Crave [Pocket]Sphinx):
    ★ PocketSphinx Speech Engine Integrated. PocketSphinx is a much faster, more reliable, and more battery efficient speech recognition engine and can now be used with Open Mic+ (Tasker commands are not supported yet...)

What this means:
    - Faster, more reliable recognition
    - Significantly reduced battery and memory usage
    - Volume muting bugs resolved
    - Recognition during music playback
    - (Donate) Customize sensitivity

★ (Donate) Read out SMS messages when Open Mic+ is running (useful while driving)
    ★ Shake phone to activate
    ★ Loads of bug fixes and performance improvements
    ★ New Language: Finnish (Thanks to: Jaakko Salminen)

WHAT'S DIFFERENT IN THE DONATE VERSION
    Hi, my name is Ryan Senanayake and I'm a Junior still in high school. As the amount of time I have spent on this project grows to more than 1000 hours, I need to better justify the time I spend on development. The Free version will in no way be hobbled and will continue to receive bug fixes + performance/battery improvements, but from now on, new features will be added to the Donate version. It will only cost $2 and if you are not able to spend this, just shoot me an email and I'll send you one for free.
    does this consume battery life?

No it enables solar charging via front camera.
    Here is latest APK I pulled from the site a few hours ago
    First working prototype of PocketSphinx integration completed! I'm not going to lie, once this is fully working it is going to be awesome. Recognition time is now so fast that it seems instantaneous. Even from a screen off mode, Google Now is open in less than a second. Also battery consumption is far less due to now fully (instead of offline-capable) recognition and recognition accuracy also seems to be far improved as well! RAM usage is down an easy 50% though I haven't been able to run comprehensive tests! Finally on a side note, recognition now works during music playback and all problems due to muting volumes are now solved as these hacks are no longer necessary!

If anybody wants the update now, shoot me an email (tickets@rsenapps.uservoice.com), I'm not really at a point where I need testers, but if you are dying to try it, let me know :)

Also I have a question of how to precede with foreign language interpretation. Right now I'm building PocketSphinx with an English dictionary and all custom hotphrases need to be English words. Is this a problem? Can I completely ditch Google Speech Recognition and all of its problems or should I keep including it?
    Version 4.0 ICS (I Crave [Pocket]Sphinx): #OpenMic+
    ★ PocketSphinx Speech Engine Integrated. PocketSphinx is a much faster, more reliable, and more battery efficient speech recognition engine and can now be used with Open Mic+ (Tasker commands are not supported yet...)

What this means:
    - Faster, more reliable recognition
    - Significantly reduced battery and memory usage
    - Volume muting bugs resolved
    - Recognition during music playback
    - (Donate) Customize sensitivity

★ (Donate) Read out SMS messages when Open Mic+ is running (useful while driving)
    ★ Shake phone to activate
    ★ Loads of bug fixes and performance improvements
    ★ New Language: Finnish (Thanks to: Jaakko Salminen)

Update pushed now, make take awhile (usually 2 hours) for Google's servers to update
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.OpenMic.Pheonix