[MOD][XPOSED] Disable keyboard auto pop-up

Search This thread

dan428

Jul 30, 2012
Awesome thanks, that keyboard popup tends to annoy the crap out of me. I'll check this out.

Now I just wish I could find a mod which disables the unbelievably annoying and useless "continue searching for network" popup dialog which shows up every 30sec when I lose signal (riding the tunnel transit etc) on my S4. If anyone knows how to disable that let me know!

Benny Bosser

Nov 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Z Phone 4
Nice module ! :) was looking for this for a long time

The keyboard however doesn't disappear automatically anymore when returning to home screen by pressing home button or when long pressing home key for recent apps. Could you fix this please? :)

Edit: found out that the keyboard just doesn't disappear automatically anymore whatsoever

Last edited:

Cyboy

Jul 2, 2013
Stop the keyboard opening itself when you open an app containing text fields
Download at the repo

enjoy!

(what? Yeah the description is short. That's all it does...)

Nice work, but it only works on few apps like stock message app, wont work on apps like google search,es xplorer(FM) ...
plus the keyboard survives pressing home key

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Stop the keyboard opening itself when you open an app containing text fields
Download at the repo

enjoy!

(what? Yeah the description is short. That's all it does...)

Nice work, but it only works on few apps like stock message app, wont work on apps like google search,es xplorer(FM) ...
plus the keyboard survives pressing home key
XGO JB 4.1.2

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
Hi there!

Does this module stops the keyboard being shown again when returning to the Hangouts contacts list?

I simply hate this. A lot of times when returning to the contacts list the keyboard (SwiftKey here) simply shows up even without any text field over there!

G

GuestK0029

When the keyboard is up and I press the home button the keyboard keeps showing and I have to press back to hide it

But awesome module and it's exactly what I was waiting for

JAYNO20

Jun 24, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Works pretty well. I would like to see the keyboard not auto pop up in google now, and in the play store. Those are the only 2 things I've found it still pops up in. I never realized how annoying the auto pop up of the keyboard was until I saw there was a way to disable it :silly:

shaggydiamond

Nov 22, 2009
area 51
For some reason my keyboard doesn't auto close anymore when I leave the app that had an active text field in it. I have to close the keyboard manually. Ps I'm using SwiftKey

jasonkhoo87

Feb 14, 2011
Yes. I think this need to be update.

It not auto shown. But once I really in chat and enter. The keyboard still there and I need to press back again to close it.

If not I cannot see the buttom of the screen.

Sent from my SM-N9005

mitushorizon

Feb 14, 2014
Hey, this is a nice module indeed!
But I was actually looking for the opposite. LOL :D
Could you develop a module to ensure that the keyboard always auto pops-up whenever a text field is available on the screen?

Thanks ;)

Ronii10

Feb 13, 2015
Nice module ! :) was looking for this for a long time

The keyboard however doesn't disappear automatically anymore when returning to home screen by pressing home button or when long pressing home key for recent apps. Could you fix this please? :)

Edit: found out that the keyboard just doesn't disappear automatically anymore whatsoever
Same problem for me JB 4.2.2

zombunny

Dec 8, 2014
Doesn't work for me on Instagram. So irritating that when I click on someone's profile, then press back, the keyboard automatically pops up and shoots me straight back to the bottom of the comments, and I have to scroll aaaaaaaaall the way back up to get to where I was. Maybe not a problem for some people, but when I do art features every week and get 200 comments, it's a great hassle. I was hoping this module would eliminate the fact that I have to use 2 androids during features, but doesn't seem to work at all. :( Huawei Ascend Mate 2, 4.3 stock rom

Top Liked Posts