Redirect to smartphonegirls.com

Search This thread

schaze

Jan 13, 2009
Hi all,
Since the last view days I randomly get redirected smartphonegirls.com when I am browsing to xda-developers forum with my android devices. It didn't really happen with my laptop yet so I don't know if catched smth like a virus or similar. However I truly doubt it as it happens with both my android devices and one of them was just freshly flashed.
Does any one else have this problem as well?
/schaze

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
schaze said:
Hi all,
Since the last view days I randomly get redirected smartphonegirls.com when I am browsing to xda-developers forum with my android devices. It didn't really happen with my laptop yet so I don't know if catched smth like a virus or similar. However I truly doubt it as it happens with both my android devices and one of them was just freshly flashed.
/schaze

I have never heard of this. Might be an app you have installed on the decices

Reactions: vak

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
We are trying to track this down right now... It appears difficult to reproduce though.

Is this over wifi or 3G? What provider do you have as well?

DoctorPsycho

Mar 11, 2012
Got the same site and done some investigation here. Identified 2 sites ( wetter24.de and epicfail.com) where this site pop ups.

I downloaded an useragent modifier for firefox and switched it to android. Then I use http header to see where the redirect will be done or which object is responsible for it. It looks like that google ads could be the reason, because the ads are dynamically and probably a js will be execute the redirect.

Unfortunately I can´t exactly identify the object and today I got the page again.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

BTW: The Company behind this, are known cheater. :D

Name: Simona Torre
Organisation: Buongiorno Spa
Adresse: Borgo Masnovo 2
PLZ: 43100
Land: IT

Tomorrow I´ll contact lookout. Maybe they can us help here.

the_ek

Feb 28, 2012
I was using ethernet at the time. Happens on my Android device but not on a normal pc with firefox

schaze

Jan 13, 2009
We are trying to track this down right now... It appears difficult to reproduce though.

I never had it via 3G yet, but I mostly (>90%) use WiFi so I can't really rule that out.
Provider would be Vodafone Germany.

At least for me it only occures with my Android devices - I never experienced it with my Laptop (running Linux Mint 12 with latest FF version from repos 10.0.2)

On Android I have
  • SGSII with CheckROM RevoHD v6 & RedPill Kernel Rev1.3 (GB)
  • Acer Iconia A500 with Taboonay 3.1 ROM (ICS)

It happened with both devices so far. On the Acer it was actually when only had very few apps installed (which I don't think might be responsible for it as I used them since a long time)

What I also suspect is that it only happens when I am not logged in to the site. At least it never happened to me so far when I was logged in.

I hope this helps a bit. If there is anything you would like me to test, please let me know. I am happy to assist in any way I can.

/schaze

schaze

Jan 13, 2009
It just happened again.

Here is what I did (using WiFi)
  1. searched in google search for xda developers
  2. clicked on the result which actually leads to xda developers forum
  3. wait until the site loads completely
  4. just before it is finished loading the redirect occurs and I can see the sie with the FSK18 (thats an age classification - means you need to be 18 to see the content ...bla bla..9 red symbol warning

see attached screenshot.

my redicect actually goes to:[nourl]http://cat.m.smartphonegirls.de/wwf-splashTool/SEO/iGirls_wap_fsk18_kw14_16?transaction_id=10396fe92e93a57bca7eb007875b4e&path=SPOQ[/nourl]

Attachments

• SC20120311-131503.jpg
    SC20120311-131503.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 300

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
Using Wifi is the only way that you can reproduce this.
Then what might be happening:

You normally connect through mobile webpages through your droid.
When you are on an open wifi connection, it lets alot more data flow in and out of your droid. Searching for xda and maybe clicking on a searched link will send you there first.

FIX: Save xda as your favorite or home page and it will go straight to the actual site instead of sending you through click.it links etc.

schaze

Jan 13, 2009
When you are on an open wifi connection, it lets alot more data flow in and out of your droid.
Not quite sure what you mean with that...

Searching for xda and maybe clicking on a searched link will send you there first.
I understand, but the redirect happens from xda-developers. I can see the xda url in the browser while XDA is loading (there is nothing preceeding it), the redirect occurs only at the end of loading the XDA developer page. So I don't think that problem is coming from the link I click to get to XDA.

FIX: Save xda as your favorite or home page and it will go straight to the actual site instead of sending you through click.it links etc.
Or just cancel further loading before the redirect occurs.... It is no big issue which keeps me from using XDA - But my main concern was that it was actually happening at all and I wasn' t sure if I catched smth on my devices or if it is a general problem.

DoctorPsycho

Mar 11, 2012
I could reproduce this on xda-developers.com. Unfortunately I can´t post the headers because its not allowed for me to post urls.

If the xda-developers admins like to have the entire header stack just give me a short message. Really strange thing.

chillinger

Sep 8, 2009
The same happens, randomly as well, with the site androidcommunity.com. Both with the android bowser and chrome beta. This is f.... annoying. Any ideas how to avoid this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

jackyjakob

Jul 10, 2011
Heilbronn
I am having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus with AOKP Milestone 4 and on my Acer A500 with flexreaper r9. I used my Bookmark to the A500 Development Forum wich works fine on my Desktop PC. I am using WiFi (Provider T-Online Germany). The Forum Page is loading completely but after a few seconds i am redirected to

http://cat.m.smartphonegirls.de/wwf...n_id=103ed278c8e4b502abdf1aeb1eee1c&path=SPOQ

Gesendet von meinem A500 mit Tapatalk

snickers_hd

Mar 29, 2011
Same problem here. It appears when i open the xda-portal site on my galaxy nexus.
It doesn't matter if i connect via wifi or 3g.
Very annoying:/
Hopefully you can ban this site.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
We are continuing to see what can be done, as it looks like an external issue affecting other sites too

FuDaBiDu

Mar 14, 2012
Had the same experience today with Opera Mobile on the "Cyanide & Happiness" page (webcomic). Looked at the latest strip and redirected as soon as the page was fully loaded. Didn't happen on the built-in browser though.

Tried setting the user agent from mobile to desktop and it seems to have fixed it. Switched back to mobile for testing and didn't get the ad again yet. Hopefully that helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    schaze said:
    Hi all,
    /schaze

I have never heard of this. Might be an app you have installed on the decices
    Yes, I can confirm this and I could do without it as well. Any way to stop it?
    Got the same site and done some investigation here. Identified 2 sites ( wetter24.de and epicfail.com) where this site pop ups.

I downloaded an useragent modifier for firefox and switched it to android. Then I use http header to see where the redirect will be done or which object is responsible for it. It looks like that google ads could be the reason, because the ads are dynamically and probably a js will be execute the redirect.

Unfortunately I can´t exactly identify the object and today I got the page again.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

BTW: The Company behind this, are known cheater. :D

Name: Simona Torre
    Organisation: Buongiorno Spa
    Adresse: Borgo Masnovo 2
    PLZ: 43100
    Land: IT

Tomorrow I´ll contact lookout. Maybe they can us help here.

I never had it via 3G yet, but I mostly (>90%) use WiFi so I can't really rule that out.
    Provider would be Vodafone Germany.

At least for me it only occures with my Android devices - I never experienced it with my Laptop (running Linux Mint 12 with latest FF version from repos 10.0.2)

On Android I have
    • SGSII with CheckROM RevoHD v6 & RedPill Kernel Rev1.3 (GB)
    • Acer Iconia A500 with Taboonay 3.1 ROM (ICS)

It happened with both devices so far. On the Acer it was actually when only had very few apps installed (which I don't think might be responsible for it as I used them since a long time)

What I also suspect is that it only happens when I am not logged in to the site. At least it never happened to me so far when I was logged in.

I hope this helps a bit. If there is anything you would like me to test, please let me know. I am happy to assist in any way I can.

/schaze
    It just happened again.

Here is what I did (using WiFi)
    1. searched in google search for xda developers
    2. clicked on the result which actually leads to xda developers forum
    3. wait until the site loads completely
    4. just before it is finished loading the redirect occurs and I can see the sie with the FSK18 (thats an age classification - means you need to be 18 to see the content ...bla bla..9 red symbol warning

see attached screenshot.

my redicect actually goes to:[nourl]http://cat.m.smartphonegirls.de/wwf-splashTool/SEO/iGirls_wap_fsk18_kw14_16?transaction_id=10396fe92e93a57bca7eb007875b4e&path=SPOQ[/nourl]