How to convert E975?

Search This thread

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
@hassan,if you don't master english that well,please stop trying giving advices. @zykhan, it is correct, but go to phone information and there you have options to choose.
Here is how it looks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-02-14-49-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-02-14-49-24.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_2013-06-02-14-49-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-02-14-49-36.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_2013-06-02-14-49-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-02-14-49-51.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 190

zykhan

Nov 19, 2010
Arre he s telling that he cant able to open phone information option ly.... Others are opening...

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

yes,

I can open other information, for phone info , pop up show that this application not supported to this dev.

from settings >network mode I can select GSM 2G only WCDMA or Auto mode , for data it only show "G" , I wants to enable "E" ( Edge)

I also tried to edit EDGE feature support by QXDM , value from 0 to 1, value can't be change ,it remain 0

cjayceguerra

Nov 24, 2011
Pasig
no imei

Hi guys i have an F180L variant of optimus G, i was still stuck on ICS because whenever i try to update to official V20p JB i always lost my imei, it is funny when i remove the sim card the imei just magically re appear, already tried converting it to e975 but network signal is very weak and most of the time i have no signal at all. hoping that someone can help me with my problem, thanks in advance

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Hi guys i have an F180L variant of optimus G, i was still stuck on ICS because whenever i try to update to official V20p JB i always lost my imei, it is funny when i remove the sim card the imei just magically re appear, already tried converting it to e975 but network signal is very weak and most of the time i have no signal at all. hoping that someone can help me with my problem, thanks in advance

u need flash orig f180l baseband back to have signal.. cos in e975 it varies ..
while u flashing f180l to e975 it overvrites your baseband and it results not matching hardware propelry..
here is my procedure .. : spread my thread .. :cowboy:;)
Check for #70
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160611&page=7

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
What do you mean by correct username?
If you have something to tell me, use PM.We'll talk there.And you the option of yahoo and skype too :)

Reactions: Lunobot

pochoreyes

Nov 29, 2010
f180s NO SIGNAL AFTER UPGRADE

I saw somewhere a method that helped me with same problem:
Flash French E975 ROM via KDZ -> Hard reset -> Root ->Freegee -> Flash stock rom via KDZ -> Hard reset -> Profit

this is my first post, regrettably not very encouraging, I have a lg optimus g f180s! I'm from Ecuador and EBAY buy it.

The phone came with software version 4.0.4 f180s10h, so I go to xda and find the version fF180S20B_00, so i can update the software in the same way that my previous lg nitro hd, via kdz (KDZ_FW_UPD_EN) ...

I proceed to download the file f180s20b, located on the xda page, and installed correctly.

Upon restart my phone was all perfect except:

It does not recognize the sim card
Does not display the IMEI (unknown), or the IMEI SV (unknown).

The baseban number :APQ8064/MDM9x15M

Done everything I'm desperate and can not find a solution to this problem, your help please!

I update to e975 open europa (E97510D_00), Now I have a poor, POOR signal, unfortunately not take a picture of my f180s with my stock OS 4.0.4 baseband.

I CAN DO TO FIX MY LG

hamba9551

May 14, 2012
this is my first post, regrettably not very encouraging, I have a lg optimus g f180s! I'm from Ecuador and EBAY buy it.

The phone came with software version 4.0.4 f180s10h, so I go to xda and find the version fF180S20B_00, so i can update the software in the same way that my previous lg nitro hd, via kdz (KDZ_FW_UPD_EN) ...

I proceed to download the file f180s20b, located on the xda page, and installed correctly.

Upon restart my phone was all perfect except:

It does not recognize the sim card
Does not display the IMEI (unknown), or the IMEI SV (unknown).

The baseban number :APQ8064/MDM9x15M

Done everything I'm desperate and can not find a solution to this problem, your help please!

I update to e975 open europa (E97510D_00), Now I have a poor, POOR signal, unfortunately not take a picture of my f180s with my stock OS 4.0.4 baseband.

I CAN DO TO FIX MY LG

Sure, you must do this.

First: Root, Enable USB Debugging, Download this file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8vses1vqza04l3/BaseBandF180L.rar
2. Copy this baseband.img to Internal Storage (/sdcard)
3. Run file flash_baseband.bat
4. Follow the instructions
5. Wait ur phone till reboot and finish!

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

sunilkoshyp

Jul 18, 2013
LGF180L20S converted to E97510C open HK

Dear
I have got from Ebay LG F180L20S when i received the phone everything was working. This phone had an antena also. and all the Korean Stuff.
All the ringtone name in Korea. When i dial a number without the international code. it always says call korea or call local.
Then i went thu/searched the xda forum and flashed E97510C KDZ to the phone. After the KDz flashed the phone rebooted with LG logo.
and checked everything worked except for the mobile signal strengh & mobile network type. I get very weak signal and sometime no signal at all. Some times "E" Edge is there. network selected is gsm/wcdma/lte.Wifi is working fine. Camerea is working fine.
Now software shows E97510c open HK/ model shown as LG-E975. Baseband and the other stuff remain the same as before.
What could be the reason.
Please help.
Thanks Sunil

mansoor3131

Aug 11, 2013
You will get stronger signal (best speed on 3G, 4G) and louder in-call speaker :eek:
I want to convert my F180L into E975. Somebody told me that

"If you simply flash the E975 firmware on your phone, you might lose your internal storage and for getting it back, you will be flashing back to F180 in which case your phone will get Sim locked.

If you flash certain - version specific - F180 firmware prior to E975 conversion, your phone will not get into that mess."

Here is the link from where i got this message:
http://www.cellrabta.pk/2013/10/how-to-convert-f180-skl-to-e975-lg-optimus-g/

He told me that first i have to flash with F180L20H_00.kdz, then i flash the E97520C_00.kdz otherwise the above problem comes.

I want to ask that is this true?

I have running version F180L20L and i have the E97510E_00.kdz (hongkong) ROM downloaded from this site:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320817

What do you suggest?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

while u flashing f180l to e975 it overvrites your baseband and it results not matching hardware propelry..
Check for #70

"If you simply flash the E975 firmware on your phone, you might lose your internal storage and for getting it back, you will be flashing back to F180 in which case your phone will get Sim locked.

If you flash certain - version specific - F180 firmware prior to E975 conversion, your phone will not get into that mess."

http://www.cellrabta.pk/2013/10/how-...-lg-optimus-g/

He told me that first i have to flash with F180L20H_00.kdz, then i flash the E97520C_00.kdz otherwise the above problem comes.

I have running version F180L20L and i have the E97510E_00.kdz (hongkong) ROM downloaded from this site:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2320817

What do you suggest?

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

What do you suggest?

Reactions: abit64

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
What do you suggest?
For starters, not posting the same thing three times... :p

Not sure what to suggest, but I can share my own experience. I bought an SIM-unlocked F180S, with Korean firmware, apps, etc. Here is what I did:

1. Rooted the phone.
2. Unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom recovery using FreeGee. Went through without a hitch.
3. Downloaded the original Korean KDZ, just in case. Did a Nandroid backup, also just in case. :)
4. Flashed the Epsilon Project v03 ROM from recovery.
5. Rebooted the phone, went through all the standard setup steps.
6. Did another Nandroid backup, just in case.

That's it. Flashing the ROM didn't replace the baseband, so I still have the original one. Everything works beautifully so far. Well, LTE doesn't work (obviously), but I couldn't care less about it. Everything else is perfect. The phone identifies itself as E975. The phone is still unlocked -- tried it with Canadian, US and European SIM cards.

I specifically did not want to flash a KDZ, and went for a custom stock-based ROM. Turned out to be a good choice. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: greenmoonLV

davevinci

Apr 12, 2012
Baguio City
If you really want to convert your phone, i recommend the "open"versionof KDZ, u used the open esa before for conversion to e975 used in asia..also there are open europe versions available.. these versions are not network specific and will not lock your sim card

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

mansoor3131

Aug 11, 2013
If you really want to convert your phone, i recommend the "open"versionof KDZ, u used the open esa before for conversion to e975 used in asia..also there are open europe versions available.. these versions are not network specific and will not lock your sim card

Can u tell me what is an open version of KDZ. Kindly also give me the link from where i can download it. Why it is necessary?

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad

Can u tell me what is an open version of KDZ. Kindly also give me the link from where i can download it. Why it is necessary?

he meant open Europe KDZ or similar that doesn't have anything else related to other parts of the world.

flashing is simple

download flash tool

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498102

download ROM/KDZ

http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?mod=Lg+Optimus+G&paese=Tutti&id_mod=20

1: get in to download mode
2: plug in phone, it will install drivers (assuming running windows 7 with internet)
3: open flashtool and flash
4: root
5: flash f180l baseband
6: use freegee if you want to use custom recovery later

Last edited:
Reactions: geminithebest2222

mansoor3131

Aug 11, 2013
he meant open Europe KDZ or similar that doesn't have anything else related to other parts of the world.

flashing is simple

download flash tool

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498102

download ROM/KDZ

http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?mod=Lg+Optimus+G&paese=Tutti&id_mod=20

1: get in to download mode
2: plug in phone, it will install drivers (assuming running windows 7 with internet)
3: open flashtool and flash
4: root
5: flash f180l baseband
6: use freegee if you want to use custom recovery later

Actually i asked this question to devenici

I want to convert my F180L into E975. Somebody(a guy from Rawalpindi) told me that

What do you say?i still cannot understand the open Kdz? can you give me link?why it is necessary to flash it first with open Kdz, then E975?
Do you have any alternate?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a F180L and I flached the E975 A10 Rom, but how can/must I install/flash the baseband of mine F180L?
    This cause I have bad/poor connection.

Sure, you must do this.

First: Root, Enable USB Debugging, Download this file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8vses1vqza04l3/BaseBandF180L.rar
    2. Copy this baseband.img to Internal Storage (/sdcard)
    3. Run file flash_baseband.bat
    4. Follow the guild.
    5. Your phone will reboot and finish! :victory:

Check for #70
    Don't flash Korean baseband unless you want dead radio.

LG Optimus G E971

I have done it! No problem. As our device is F180L and we must flash baseband F180L. I have use it 5 days. :laugh:
    You don't have to root it to flash the E975 rom on the F180L, after the flash you need too root it (BUT THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE JET, WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR A NEW TOOL) because of the data connection, otherwise you have only 3G and no H connection.
    When we can root it we have to install the BasebandL.xml for the H connection. I did this before by the E975A HK version (this one we can root) and the H worked again.
    So mayby it is better to wait for the root tool for this version and then I will try to explain how to flash, root and install the basebandL.xml.

Thanks for explaining , but as far i understand that if i flashed E97510B_00.kdz in my F180L i will only get 3G connection right? and if i want to get H connection i have to root to install the BasebandL.xml right? because at this moment i care about the language on F180 i hate korean app and notifications. and 3G works fine with me

one more thing about this (E97510B_00.kdz) if i flash it in my F180L does the phone will be fully English? i mean dialing keyboard, programs ...

Appreciation
    Thanks for explaining , but as far i understand that if i flashed E97510B_00.kdz in my F180L i will only get 3G connection right? and if i want to get H connection i have to root to install the BasebandL.xml right? because at this moment i care about the language on F180 i hate korean app and notifications. and 3G works fine with me

one more thing about this (E97510B_00.kdz) if i flash it in my F180L does the phone will be fully English? i mean dialing keyboard, programs ...

Appreciation
    You undestand it correct. The Baseband.xml is to install the wright connection setting back to your Phone, the E975 is on that different, so if you install the basband settings from the F180 over the E975 Rom, everything work fine.
    Yes, then you haven't the strang korean charters in your dialer and no korean apss any more.
    i tried this with the E97510A HK (Hong Kong) this one you can root and if it is rooted you can install the baseband, but for me when a choosed for Netherlands, there still menus in English, so a mix, thats why I tried the Eur Rom, I wait for the new root tool and don't go back to the HK ver.