[Q] Error 7 Upgrading from surge's downgrade from mk2 to nc5

Search This thread
T

Techguy2002

I have been on the leak (nc2) rooted and wanted to go back to mk2 and get the nc5 update as I believe it would work for what I need without root. I keep getting an error 7 when trying to upgrade from the device and using the update.zip in recovery. MK2 is no longer rooted nor have a rooted it. Any Suggestions?

caniswesley

Apr 29, 2013
I have been on the leak (nc2) rooted and wanted to go back to mk2 and get the nc5 update as I believe it would work for what I need without root. I keep getting an error 7 when trying to upgrade from the device and using the update.zip in recovery. MK2 is no longer rooted nor have a rooted it. Any Suggestions?

If you're back on unrooted MK2, and just want NC5 without root, have you tried just going into Settings, Hitting "About" and then using the on-phone update system (SDM) ?

T

Techguy2002

Yeah it errors out during the installing system phase then reboots says it could not install

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

T

Techguy2002

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-28-16-20-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-28-16-20-54.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 55
T

Techguy2002

Is there a way to get back to full stock firmware mk2 from nc2? I know there is surges method but with the baseband still being nc2 is that the sticking point? The full odin wipe doesnt work with it. What would be the process if its possible?

Last edited:

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro

I posted the below earlier but figured id repost it here. Ive got this error a few times ans solved it everytime. Heres a short guide:

1. Flash the MK2 downgrade tar.md5 first (the one that contains boot.img, recovery.img, persdata.img.ext4, hidden.img.ext4, modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin)

2. Then reboot into download mode immediately after and flash the MK2 system.img.ext4 tar.md5

3. Then last but not least flash the MK2 cache.img
ext4 tar.md5 and see if you still get the error. If you do, factory data reset then flash #1 from above followed by the cache.img.ext4 tar.md5 (#3)

You cant flash a a full-wipe or no-wipe Odin tar to go back. You have to use a custom made Odin tar. Also for people getting the status 7 error where /preload fails to mount after flashing cache the solution is to boot into stock recovery and factory data reset followed by flashing hidden.img.ext4 via Odin or Heimdall. Why?

consider how the hidden and preload partitions are related, and there's your answer

Hint:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/hidden", "/preload");

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I posted the below earlier but figured id repost it here. Ive got this error a few times ans solved it everytime. Heres a short guide:

1. Flash the MK2 downgrade tar.md5 first (the one that contains boot.img, recovery.img, persdata.img.ext4, hidden.img.ext4, modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin)

2. Then reboot into download mode immediately after and flash the MK2 system.img.ext4 tar.md5

3. Then last but not least flash the MK2 cache.img
    ext4 tar.md5 and see if you still get the error. If you do, factory data reset then flash #1 from above followed by the cache.img.ext4 tar.md5 (#3)

You cant flash a a full-wipe or no-wipe Odin tar to go back. You have to use a custom made Odin tar. Also for people getting the status 7 error where /preload fails to mount after flashing cache the solution is to boot into stock recovery and factory data reset followed by flashing hidden.img.ext4 via Odin or Heimdall. Why?

consider how the hidden and preload partitions are related, and there's your answer

Hint:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/hidden", "/preload");