[Q] Need help with cwm recovery

Search This thread

Hetfield88

May 30, 2014
Hey guys, i'm kinda new to rooting(had iphone previously) and i'm having some trouble. The phone is rooted already(4.4.2), i installed ROM manager and now i dont know how to boot it to cwm recovery, every tutorial i follow it goes to stock recovery. I tried installing cwm with odin but it doesn't get through setup connection, or it does but it fails. I wanted to get the google edition ROM. Thanks in advance :)

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Hey guys, i'm kinda new to rooting(had iphone previously) and i'm having some trouble. The phone is rooted already(4.4.2), i installed ROM manager and now i dont know how to boot it to cwm recovery, every tutorial i follow it goes to stock recovery. I tried installing cwm with odin but it doesn't get through setup connection, or it does but it fails. I wanted to get the google edition ROM. Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried the below app? Supposed to be good for flashing things.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=neldar.sgs.kernel.flasher

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hetfield88

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
You sound like you really don't know what you're mate.
I think the best advice anyone can give you is to put your phone down and read some more.

If you have successfully flashed CWM then all you need to do is flash a ROM of your choice then wipe data / factory reset.

Also before you even think about flashing anything to your phone you NEED to back up your EFS partition.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

Hetfield88

May 30, 2014
You sound like you really don't know what you're mate.
I think the best advice anyone can give you is to put your phone down and read some more.

If you have successfully flashed CWM then all you need to do is flash a ROM of your choice then wipe data / factory reset.

Also before you even think about flashing anything to your phone you NEED to back up your EFS partition.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

you're right but now, since it's in recovery mode i have to fix this asap. i entered the recovery and did wipe data/factory reset like the tutorial said, then proceeded to install zip(the ROM) but it fails E/... status 7 installation aborted.

and i did backup data and sd card but the backups are in my pc and i cant get to them in recovery mode :/

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
you're right but now, since it's in recovery mode i have to fix this asap. i entered the recovery and did wipe data/factory reset like the tutorial said, then proceeded to install zip(the ROM) but it fails E/... status 7 installation aborted.

and i did backup data and sd card but the backups are in my pc and i cant get to them in recovery mode :/

Don't panic bad it's just down to the version of recovery ?
Just go back into recovery & try flashing again once you get status 7 go back & second line from bottom where you chose zip you will see "allow update old binary" tick the box if not ticked or until if it's selected then select zip to flash & it'll go straight through :D :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts