By h8rift, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd July 2012, 01:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2012, 07:58 PM |#101  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1408

LTE worked fine on CM9. I am using it right now...

Are you on rogers or at&t?

doesn't work properly or at all for the majority of rogers users.
23rd July 2012, 07:59 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarofozz

Looks good. I know a lot of you guys don't actually make phone calls because you aren't elderly women or stock brokers apparently but theres no way this is daily driver ready. I look forward to further releases but don't get mad at me for saying an alpha release isn't day time ready yet. Don't hate me because I don't find this rom amazing.

I don't think anybody is blaming you for not finding this ROM suitable for a daily driver OR for loving it! This ROM won't be a daily driver for 99% of the people on this forum. And I can guarantee you that not even close to 1% of them are either elderly women or stock brokers. The problem that people are finding with your statement is exactly that. It is incredibly short-sighted. Perhaps you don't call much, but it's a phone. MOST people use it as such....not just elderly women and stock brokers. As Michael Jackson so eloquently put it, "that's ignorant."
23rd July 2012, 08:00 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Definitely smoother within the UI, but for me it's still too early to be a daily driver. Bluetooth audio is a must for me.

Also, switching the brightness isn't working yet, not just auto-brightness.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
23rd July 2012, 08:01 PM |#104  
Flag Flowery Branch, Ga
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:

Looks good. I know a lot of you guys don't actually make phone calls because you aren't elderly women or stock brokers apparently but theres no way this is daily driver ready. I look forward to further releases but don't get mad at me for saying an alpha release isn't day time ready yet. Don't hate me because I don't find this rom amazing.

It's stated as a very early alpha in the OP, so I don't think the Dev is really saying it is ready to be a daily driver. I don't think I can use it as my everyday ROM either but I do think it's amazing. I honestly can't believe they already have this much functioning without having kernel source. That is amazing.
23rd July 2012, 08:09 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I'm getting some super heavy battery drain and the phone gets pretty hot. Screens below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343070559521.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1217114   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343070574513.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1217115  
23rd July 2012, 08:34 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzman218

I'm getting some super heavy battery drain and the phone gets pretty hot. Screens below.

If you don't already have BetterBeatteryStats installed, install it and look under the Wakelock and Partial Wakelock sections
23rd July 2012, 08:40 PM |#107  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFries

Are you on rogers or at&t?

doesn't work properly or at all for the majority of rogers users.

If you just look a bit to your left you would see that I am on Rogers :P

All I had to do to get LTE working on CM9 was add the Rogers LTE APN, and select LTE from the *#*#INFO#*#* menu. The exact same thing as I need to do on CM10
23rd July 2012, 08:43 PM |#108  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Durr. I should learn to be more attentive xD. I couldn't get it working at all. A bunch of people got it, and a bunch didnt.I tried, trust me. Not a single cm9 based ROM gave me LTE regardless of APN settings and radio modes.

EDIT: Oh, thats why I missed it. It's hidden under a More Info button. When did that appear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtentpeg

If you don't already have BetterBeatteryStats installed, install it and look under the Wakelock and Partial Wakelock sections

With an alpha this early, I wouldn't really bother. Right now getting things working is the priority, not stability or efficiency.
23rd July 2012, 09:35 PM |#109  
Flag Santa Rosa, CA
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelebz

I don't think anybody is blaming you for not finding this ROM suitable for a daily driver OR for loving it! This ROM won't be a daily driver for 99% of the people on this forum. And I can guarantee you that not even close to 1% of them are either elderly women or stock brokers. The problem that people are finding with your statement is exactly that. It is incredibly short-sighted. Perhaps you don't call much, but it's a phone. MOST people use it as such....not just elderly women and stock brokers. As Michael Jackson so eloquently put it, "that's ignorant."

I think you're missing something. I had made a comment that it was not a working rom because the mic didn't work. Someone stated that they didn't need the mic to work necessarily because they weren't an elderly woman or stock broker. I found the comment just as comical as you did.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzman218

I can concur with this. Phone got really hot. Didn't run long enough to test battery life but heat is never good for battery life.
23rd July 2012, 09:45 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:

I think you're missing something. I had made a comment that it was not a working rom because the mic didn't work. Someone stated that they didn't need the mic to work necessarily because they weren't an elderly woman or stock broker. I found the comment just as comical as you did.

Oh! Sorry about that! I intended it for whoever initially said it.
23rd July 2012, 10:38 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Is there any chance that we could see the linaro tool chain integrated into this rom? I know it would be a low priority, obviously, but it would still be a nice touch. I know the aokp thread in this forum has linaro in the 6.2 build, but I don't know what would have to be changed for jb
Edit- I was just asking, there's no reason to be mean
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, bacon, cm10, cyanogenmod, evita, jellybean, one xl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)