FORUMS

[ROM][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

1,875 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,880
 
By h8rift, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd July 2012, 01:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2012, 07:58 PM |#101  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1408

LTE worked fine on CM9. I am using it right now...

Are you on rogers or at&t?

doesn't work properly or at all for the majority of rogers users.
23rd July 2012, 07:59 PM |#102  
mikelebz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarofozz

Looks good. I know a lot of you guys don't actually make phone calls because you aren't elderly women or stock brokers apparently but theres no way this is daily driver ready. I look forward to further releases but don't get mad at me for saying an alpha release isn't day time ready yet. Don't hate me because I don't find this rom amazing.

I don't think anybody is blaming you for not finding this ROM suitable for a daily driver OR for loving it! This ROM won't be a daily driver for 99% of the people on this forum. And I can guarantee you that not even close to 1% of them are either elderly women or stock brokers. The problem that people are finding with your statement is exactly that. It is incredibly short-sighted. Perhaps you don't call much, but it's a phone. MOST people use it as such....not just elderly women and stock brokers. As Michael Jackson so eloquently put it, "that's ignorant."
23rd July 2012, 08:00 PM |#103  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Definitely smoother within the UI, but for me it's still too early to be a daily driver. Bluetooth audio is a must for me.

Also, switching the brightness isn't working yet, not just auto-brightness.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
23rd July 2012, 08:01 PM |#104  
Senior Member
Flag Flowery Branch, Ga
Thanks Meter: 435
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarofozz

Looks good. I know a lot of you guys don't actually make phone calls because you aren't elderly women or stock brokers apparently but theres no way this is daily driver ready. I look forward to further releases but don't get mad at me for saying an alpha release isn't day time ready yet. Don't hate me because I don't find this rom amazing.


It's stated as a very early alpha in the OP, so I don't think the Dev is really saying it is ready to be a daily driver. I don't think I can use it as my everyday ROM either but I do think it's amazing. I honestly can't believe they already have this much functioning without having kernel source. That is amazing.
23rd July 2012, 08:09 PM |#105  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
I'm getting some super heavy battery drain and the phone gets pretty hot. Screens below.
Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343070559521.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1217114   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343070574513.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1217115  
23rd July 2012, 08:34 PM |#106  
bobtentpeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzman218

I'm getting some super heavy battery drain and the phone gets pretty hot. Screens below.
Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

If you don't already have BetterBeatteryStats installed, install it and look under the Wakelock and Partial Wakelock sections
23rd July 2012, 08:40 PM |#107  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFries

Are you on rogers or at&t?

doesn't work properly or at all for the majority of rogers users.

If you just look a bit to your left you would see that I am on Rogers :P

All I had to do to get LTE working on CM9 was add the Rogers LTE APN, and select LTE from the *#*#INFO#*#* menu. The exact same thing as I need to do on CM10
23rd July 2012, 08:43 PM |#108  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Durr. I should learn to be more attentive xD. I couldn't get it working at all. A bunch of people got it, and a bunch didnt.I tried, trust me. Not a single cm9 based ROM gave me LTE regardless of APN settings and radio modes.


EDIT: Oh, thats why I missed it. It's hidden under a More Info button. When did that appear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtentpeg

If you don't already have BetterBeatteryStats installed, install it and look under the Wakelock and Partial Wakelock sections

With an alpha this early, I wouldn't really bother. Right now getting things working is the priority, not stability or efficiency.
23rd July 2012, 09:35 PM |#109  
Senior Member
Flag Santa Rosa, CA
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelebz

I don't think anybody is blaming you for not finding this ROM suitable for a daily driver OR for loving it! This ROM won't be a daily driver for 99% of the people on this forum. And I can guarantee you that not even close to 1% of them are either elderly women or stock brokers. The problem that people are finding with your statement is exactly that. It is incredibly short-sighted. Perhaps you don't call much, but it's a phone. MOST people use it as such....not just elderly women and stock brokers. As Michael Jackson so eloquently put it, "that's ignorant."

I think you're missing something. I had made a comment that it was not a working rom because the mic didn't work. Someone stated that they didn't need the mic to work necessarily because they weren't an elderly woman or stock broker. I found the comment just as comical as you did.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzman218

I'm getting some super heavy battery drain and the phone gets pretty hot. Screens below.
Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

I can concur with this. Phone got really hot. Didn't run long enough to test battery life but heat is never good for battery life.
23rd July 2012, 09:45 PM |#110  
mikelebz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarofozz

I think you're missing something. I had made a comment that it was not a working rom because the mic didn't work. Someone stated that they didn't need the mic to work necessarily because they weren't an elderly woman or stock broker. I found the comment just as comical as you did.

Oh! Sorry about that! I intended it for whoever initially said it.
23rd July 2012, 10:38 PM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Is there any chance that we could see the linaro tool chain integrated into this rom? I know it would be a low priority, obviously, but it would still be a nice touch. I know the aokp thread in this forum has linaro in the 6.2 build, but I don't know what would have to be changed for jb
Edit- I was just asking, there's no reason to be mean
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, bacon, cm10, cyanogenmod, evita, jellybean, one xl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes