[Radios] All HTC One Radio`s

Search This thread

Copp

Feb 14, 2008
Tampa
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Quick question. I am one a relatively new carrier, AIO wireless. It uses AT&T towers to run.

My current radio is listed as 4A.14.3250.13_10(Etc.)

Would I benefit to flash to a newer one, if so, which one, the .24 on recommended on your server??

nexicon

Aug 2, 2011
Kansas CIty
Forgive me, but do I flash the modem or is that exclusively for att users? I'm on t-mobile USA. I'm running a google edition rom and my speeds are crap on current radio. This is what I have:

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

aandrewalv

Sep 16, 2012
I am on Bell in Canada. What radio should I use? I am on .14 and I only get one bar for LTE. I am on Android Revolution. On my nexus whenever I enabled LTE I always got full bars. I have never gotten full bars on my HTC one

Nov 5, 2010
Does anyone have md5 I get 0e04661a34d7338f857b83f917acc215 but can't match to anything on Google
This is for the .24 latest from July 2
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Edit- I flashed anyway and was all good

Last edited:

Jikenda

Jul 20, 2010
San Diego, CA
Just to give people an idea in my area... I was on .13 and was getting no 4G signal on CM10.1. I flashed .24 and my speeds are back to normal now, so it did improve my speeds quite a bit. NYC metro area, no lost or switching signals.

yougps

Feb 10, 2009
Htc one radio europe/asia

Friends,
I bought a HTC ONE in the United States. However in my country is in the frequency band 2600MHz for 4G conections. Is it possible to change the radio and run the 4G?
Thanks a lot!

EtherealRemnant

Dunno if it was mentioned but us T-Mobile users thank you massively for collecting these. They *DO* work on T-Mobile with NO loss of AWS connectivity... handshakes between states (2G to 4G to LTE) is still slow but the phone doesn't seem to get as hot and seems to actually prefer an LTE signal now whereas it was preferring HSPA+ (on the refarmed 1900 band no less) before.

T-Mobile, at&t, and dev, and Qualcomm international devices all can interchange radios. The only difference really is that T-Mobile is the only one that has true AWS support - since HTC is leaving AWS coding in the radios, it makes me wonder if there's a switch that can be flipped somewhere to turn it on for other devices but that's already being worked on.

Anyway, THANK YOU! I was ***HATING*** this thing coming from an S4!

reapest

Feb 5, 2010
Can I use the Recommended .24 modem (4A.16.3250.24_10.38.1150.03) or the .24 newest (2.24.709.1) one if my carrier is the Hungarian T-Mobile?
I've used the OTA update to 4.2.2 and since then I have really bad reception (or no reception at all) over LTE.
Current version:
Baseband version: 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L
Build number: 2.24.401.1 CL211355

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question!

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Can I use the Recommended .24 modem (4A.16.3250.24_10.38.1150.03) or the .24 newest (2.24.709.1) one if my carrier is the Hungarian T-Mobile?
I've used the OTA update to 4.2.2 and since then I have really bad reception (or no reception at all) over LTE.
Current version:
Baseband version: 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L
Build number: 2.24.401.1 CL211355

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question!

It should work just fine for you

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

reapest

Feb 5, 2010
Thank you!

I'll give it a try then. But maybe just after a while (other subscribers of the carrier with different phones but with the same complaints made me wonder that the problems occurrence and the recent rom update was just a coincidence).

Leifio

Nov 16, 2012
Installed the reccomended .24 modem, and my speed test doubled 5mb/s to 10mb/s download in my area.
ATT running VenomOne 1.2.1, Bulletproof kernel 3.2
cheers,

rSallyx

Jul 19, 2011
which radio is the stock at&t one? i keep getting a notification that my message was not sent and i have either full bars or one missing and i just recently updated to the recommended radio, i am also using Sinless GE Rom with aosp messaging app. and i want to return to the stock radio

t3chn0s1s

Anyone in NorCal recommend a particular radio for this area? I'm on the latest 2.24 baseband 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L and my data speeds seem normal but I've noticed my regular reception seems lower than usual.

Edit: I see this thread is typically dead and it's mostly posts of unanswered questions so I really don't expect mine to be answered but if anyone in NorCal (San Fran East Bay) area happens to see this at some point I'd be most grateful for what radio is working well for you. In the meantime I'll test out a few and go from there.

Supplemental edit: I tried both 4A.16.3250.24_10.38.1150.03 and 4A.14.3250.15_10.34.1150.02L and neither really made a difference in my reception. My data speeds were consistent between both. Just an FYI for anyone in my area.

Sent from my HTC One™

Last edited:

t3chn0s1s

which radio is the stock at&t one? i keep getting a notification that my message was not sent and i have either full bars or one missing and i just recently updated to the recommended radio, i am also using Sinless GE Rom with aosp messaging app. and i want to return to the stock radio

It's in a post on page 2.

Sent from my HTC One™

evanrich

Jun 18, 2010
Updated to .24 radio, made no difference, for what it's worth. I'm on AT&T, tested in Fremont, CA.

ping / DL / UL all remained around the same.

Reactions: t3chn0s1s

t3chn0s1s

Updated to .24 radio, made no difference, for what it's worth. I'm on AT&T, tested in Fremont, CA.

ping / DL / UL all remained around the same.

I think it's just in my head. I'm back on the latest .24 radio and I'm getting the same reception. I swear I can remember getting better reception where I live here in Concord.... but I popped my SIM into my backup phone (HTC First) and was getting the same 1 to 2 bars so its just my area.... but THANKS for the FYI, I appreciate it.

chucky3

Aug 5, 2011
I'm currently testing the recommended modem in fort Lauderdale, I'll report my findings later.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will update when there are new modems avliable even though I know they are posted through out threads people still seem to ask where they are so here is a thread for them.

In the link below is the Download to ALL of the HTC One Radios that work on the International and AT&T HTC One. Also included is the STOCK AT&T Radio as well.

Link is hosted by my Server so no downtime

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/HTC+One/Modems/

Here is the Modem From the OFFICIAL (Not the Leak) 4.2.2 RUU: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/HTC+One/Modems/2.24.709.1+Radio+NEWEST_/
    did you ever get the files... I installed the RUU last night I can up them in a few min if you still need them
    Edit: Done

Thanks! I'm working on the ZIP file right now.

Edit: Here is a link for the test ZIP file. It flashes the radio from recovery AND pushes the RIL file to the ROM. I've only tested on one phone (my own) with the ViperOne 1.2.1 ROM and it works. I have not had the time to sit and run side-by-side comparisons of signal strength of UL/DL speeds but I did test calling/sms/mms to make sure they worked and verified my signal looks appropriate to my area.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/difkg48joxvf983/XLbKmnw2Io

There is NO UNDO or BACKUP built into this ZIP file! I recommend you have a nandroid backup just in case you find that the RIL files somehow make things worse for you.
    I'm afraid I'll need to (possibly) contradict you on both points here.

First, there is at least two important build.prop changes related to this update and ril (from 1.26.502.10 to 1.26.502.15, I don't have 1.26.502.12 on hand, so maybe they changed on that version):
    1. ro.ril.radio.svn=2 ---> ro.ril.radio.svn=4
    2. ro.ril.disable.lte.band2_5=1 --> ro.ril.disable.lte.band2_5=0

Second, I too tried new radio and all ril files on CM10.2, and while signal bars look better, it's a farce. They seem locked at 3 bars, and the signal strength in about phone shows a ridiculous number like 25,000+ instead of a normal -104 or so. Also seemed like I noticed an increase in heat. After leaving it on there for a while, eventually my signal bars went to zero, etc., so in my opinion, this is ONLY good for Sense ROMs.

Just providing my observations here, not starting any wars or saying that anyone is 'wrong', etc., hopefully it is found to be helpful.

Thanks for the feedback! It's easy to miss things when trying to compare two files so I appreciate you taking the time to find that out. I'll take the time then to go through and script a build.prop editor for future versions. If you have any other suggestions for lines that should be changed to optimize specific to the AT&T network please let me know!

What I'm planning on (time permitting) is creating an Aroma installer that will give you the option for just flashing radio, just flashing RIL, both, and maybe a few other goodies along the way. I've only just begun looking at the Aroma sample from the latest version so it might be a few days. I'm hopeful to include the AT&T radio as well as the GE radio so people can go back and forth between them to test what works best for them. When/if I'm able to accomplish this goal I'll start a new thread that's specific to development of that particular installer.

For the time being, I created two different files for installation. One for CM10.2 and one for Sense. The only difference being that the libril.so file from /system/lib seems to be compiled ROM specific so I pulled that file from the latest CM10.2 build and the latest AT&T OTA stock build. Under CM10.2 it should correctly show your signal strength now.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/difkg48joxvf983/XLbKmnw2Io

The files are:
    m7_att_radio_CM10.2_4a-17-3250-20.zip (CM10.2 with libril.so from 8/4 build)
    m7_att_radio_SENSE_4a-17-3250-20.zip (Sense from AT&T 1.26.502.15)
    Correct. I did not find anything that is specifically RIL related for changes so nothing to update right now.

As a side note, I tried the same zip on CM10.2 international build from today (8/3/2013) and I went from floating in and out of service to having a solid three bars reported. Quite an improvement, so at least I know that this zip will work on both Sense and AOSP ROMs.

I'm afraid I'll need to (possibly) contradict you on both points here.

First, there is at least two important build.prop changes related to this update and ril (from 1.26.502.10 to 1.26.502.15, I don't have 1.26.502.12 on hand, so maybe they changed on that version):
    1. ro.ril.radio.svn=2 ---> ro.ril.radio.svn=4
    2. ro.ril.disable.lte.band2_5=1 --> ro.ril.disable.lte.band2_5=0

Second, I too tried new radio and all ril files on CM10.2, and while signal bars look better, it's a farce. They seem locked at 3 bars, and the signal strength in about phone shows a ridiculous number like 25,000+ instead of a normal -104 or so. Also seemed like I noticed an increase in heat. After leaving it on there for a while, eventually my signal bars went to zero, etc., so in my opinion, this is ONLY good for Sense ROMs.

Just providing my observations here, not starting any wars or saying that anyone is 'wrong', etc., hopefully it is found to be helpful.
    AT&T Radio Comparison for CM 10.2

Ok, so I repacked some flash zips of radio files for testing on m7att CM10.2.
    Attached are my results.
    Of course we know service, signal, etc., will vary, and as such I'm sure your results will too.

Old radio = 4a.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01L
    New radio = 4a.17.3250.20_10.40.1150.04L

My analysis is this:
    Old radio had very slightly better download average, due to one nice peak.
    Old radio had very slightly better ping latency, due to only one bad peak.
    New radio had considerably better upload average and peak.

My personal conclusion, therefore, is that I will stick with using the new radio, due to roughly same avg download and ping, and much better upload.

Either way, both zips are available (again, these are for CM10.2 !!!) here.

Let us know your findings if they differ!