[ROM][2012-12-18 | 2012-12-14] Lewa OS

Search This thread

gatorz77

Jan 2, 2011
What rom did you use before this? I always use run the GB miui's and I saw your name around the themes forum

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Can you deodex this rom? Its kinda difficult to theme on odexed rom..

MIUIeD UP!
Experimental release will always be deodexed. I can offer a deodexed variant of the main release as well, but I figured it was unnecessary with the MIUI theme engine. [Update: I must have been confused back when I made this post, because it doesn't support the MIUI theme engine. It is simply inspired by the MIUI theme engine.]

Does everyone prefer deodex? If so, I can drop the odex version all together since odexing is a pain the ass. lol

edit-

Added deodexed variant.
Updated the experimental version.

Last edited:
Reactions: jangzo

ZzHacks

Jan 21, 2012
Been running this since yesterday must say pretty smooth not only is it fast but with that Mason rc4 kernal battery life is good

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: v5HMeca

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
How can I use a miui theme on this ROM. I've downloaded a few but the themes app doesn't load it
I don't know a whole lot about MIUI themes, but I wouldn't expect it to work with them right out of the box. It just uses the MIUI theme engine. Just like some ROMs use MIUI Camera or MIUI Music Player. This ROM uses MIUI theme engine. The themes themselves have to support Lewa. I'll clarify that in the first post. [Update: I must have been confused back when I made this post, because it doesn't support the MIUI theme engine. It is simply inspired by the MIUI theme engine.]

Last edited:
Reactions: kendotelie

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Is there a way to remove the chinese characters from the lock screen?
I think it's theme-dependent. I did try looking for those characters, but without being able to copy/paste, I can't use grep. Manually sifting through some files didn't reveal it, so I'm guessing it's the theme.

Incomplete localization is listed as a "known issue." I will eventually localize the rest of the ROM, but since I'm not much of a designer, I doubt I'll do too much messing around with themes.

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
I got it on it, my tablet won't read the hotspot it says (finding ip address) and I can't see my apps lol but other than that its great!

EDIT: just tried hotspot using the built in utility and I am getting the same error, unable to actually establish an internet connection.

Are you running papa smurf scripts? I am, just so OP has an idea if its the rom or scripts if you arent using them its a ROM issue.

I apologize for not noticing these. I didn't test wifi hotspot. I meant to before releasing this, but I forgot. I'll place high priority on getting it working.

BenRivera

Sep 2, 2007
Tampa, FL
Lockscreen issue

Has anyone else had an issue with the lock screen coming up blank? (no pad lock icon to unlock it with). The only way out of this is to hold the power button down until the phone options screen comes up and then reboot.

This has happened to me twice today.

Other than that, it is working very nicely.

tismo74

Dec 31, 2010
Has anyone else had an issue with the lock screen coming up blank? (no pad lock icon to unlock it with). The only way out of this is to hold the power button down until the phone options screen comes up and then reboot.

This has happened to me twice today.

Other than that, it is working very nicely.

is this happening with the new update?

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

The best miui theme I found for this rom.

005401mecwbgq2c0fgue2g.jpg.thumb.jpg

LINK

BenRivera

Sep 2, 2007
Tampa, FL
It has happened 2 more time since my post. I am downloading the update and will flash, hopefully it will be fixed.

I also remember turing on the Calendar widget for the lock screen, I wonder if that is causing the issue.

Reactions: v5HMeca

BenRivera

Sep 2, 2007
Tampa, FL
Current update won't boot, stuck in a bootloop of the Lewa splash screen. Trying the deodex next.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

deodex version does load either...

Can I get the 12.06.10 version back?

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Current update won't boot, stuck in a bootloop of the Lewa splash screen. Trying the deodex next.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

deodex version does load either...

Can I get the 12.06.10 version back?
Did you wipe your caches? It shouldn't be in boot loop since nothing that would cause that was changed. Turn on signature verification to ensure the zip file isn't corrupted. I'll PM you a link to the previous version.

kendotelie

Aug 9, 2011
ive tried downloading lockscreens from the themse chooser, and changing them caused the rom to bootloop at the bootanimation

Silvrb6

Apr 1, 2011
I'm having the same issue, its bootlooping and I've tried everything I could think of to do like fixing permissions, the file is not currupted, I've whipped everything multiple times, pulling the battery and wipping again.... just nothing works, I've been wanting to try this rom also so if I could have the version that's a step down from this one I would love that until this issue can be solved :)

v5HMeca

Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles
The links have been reverted to the previous version while I do a super-wipe and re-flash. If both odex and deodex versions work for me, then I'll need some help replicating the problem you guys are having. Recovery.log and logcat would be helpful.

Honestly, though, I'm expecting them to flash just fine. I test them before I upload them, but it's possible I got my files mixed up. Right now I'm downloading directly from my site and checking hashes, enabling signature verification, etc.

--

Also, I tried changing lock screen and didn't have any issues. I also enabled calendar widget from advanced settings. I still didn't have any issues with force-closing, boot loops, or anything like that. Is it possible you guys are getting themes/lockscreens for old versions of lewa or non-hdpi devices?

--

Update: Good news! I've been able to replicate the boot-loop issue (but still not the lockscreen issue). I'm expecting it to be an easy fix. Should have a proper update within the next hour or two.

Update2: All fixed. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lewa OS

[highlight]I will probably update this less frequently, maybe once or twice a month. I no longer use my Evo 4G.[/highlight]

LeWa ("Happy/Funny Frog") comes to us from China and is a MIUI-inspired ROM based on CyanogenMod 7. It's an incredibly lightweight ROM made primarily for yesteryear devices comparable in specifications to our Evo 4Gs. Don't let its sub-100 MB size fool you, though. It's still filled to the brim with features, such as built-in power and battery management, CPU control, and memory clearing. I can confidently recommend LeWa for daily use.

This ROM is stable out of the box. I try to keep my modifications to a minimum and stick to the spirit of the original work.

BC0F7.png

x64xy.png
    8ep79.png
    pjfqs.png

wnlYK.png

Stable
    lewa-12.12.18-supersonic-STABLE-f78e43.zip (deodex)
    LeWa LeWa_U8800x_ROM_12.12.17_d65e5

Developer
    lewa-12.12.14-supersonic-deodex-134fe8.zip
    LeWa LeWa_U8800x_ROM_12.12.14_2b952

Tips

- Double-tapping the lock icon on the lock screen will bring up music controls.

- Press volume-down and menu at the same time to take a screenshot.

- Pressing on the data usage statistics in the notification panel will bring you to a screen where you can slide to the right to change your "Monthly data limit."

- Pressing the green orb in the notification panel will kill all open apps. Holding it will bring up its whitelist. (You likely want to add your input methods (Swype, Swiftkey, etc) to this.)

- You may put *.apk files in /sdcard/APK/ to have them automatically install when flashing the ROM.

- If you're a chatterbox, be sure to turn on SMS splitting in Message Settings.

This is a pretty solid ROM. Its official versions are released for both MDPI and HDPI devices, and most of the devices that LeWa supports are on the weaker side of the hardware specification spectrum. As such, there should not be any lag or resource issues with the Evo 4G. Indeed the vanilla ROM weighs in at ~75 MB and with my additions, it weighs in at ~95 MB.

Notable Changes

- Mason-G-d15rc4-sbc-supersonic has been added.

- QuickPic replaces stock gallery app.

- MX Player has been added.

- Mi FileExplorer replaces LeWa's "SD Manager."

- Jorte Calendar replaces "Calendar 365"

- A themed version of Swype has been added.

- Swapper, CStore, Gexin, and other unlocalized apps have been removed.

- WiMAX has been added.

- CMParts has been added.

- Battery Bar has been added.

- PDroid has been added.

- MIUI Torch has been added.

- Modded News & Weather has been added.

- Modded Play Store has been added.

Known Issues
    Ordered by descending priority.

[!] [highlight]The ICS lock screen available in the theme manager will ruin your day. Do not download it.[/highlight] There are multiple reports of it causing the phone not to boot.

[-] Localization could use some more work, especially certain poorly translated strings.

[!] correction is unknown | [?] unable to confirm bug | [-] correction coming soon

Acknowledgements
    If I missed you, send me a PM.

Swiperat - remove roaming indicator

ajrty33 - auto-connect to data network without having to go to APN settings

LOTK & Team DIRT - I learned quite a bit tinkering with Deck's ReLoaded.

LeWa OS Team - developing the user experience that's built into this ROM

CyanogenMod Team - developing drivers, APIs, frameworks, and resolving many device-specific issues, all of which made porting this a breeze.

AOSP - developing the core components and framework of Android.

Honorable Mentions

MIUI - provide much of the design inspiration that goes into LeWa OS

MIUI.us, Swiperat, et al. - major kudos to you guys for your work on porting MIUI. I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it would be to port one of these ROMs without a CyanogenMod base. You bros deserve special recognition for that.

Common Concerns and Queries
    Please read through these before asking for help.

- Circaflex offers some guidance to get Visual Voice Mail (VVM) working.

- s8perman confirms that this ROM works with a2sd.

- Backlight is activated on incoming message, and there doesn't appear to be a way to disable that functionality.

- RockoDev Beats Audio can be added by downloading and flashing "ICS & GB BeatsAudio"
    lewa-12.10.23-supersonic-STABLE
    - removed Bravia Engine
    - removed Beats Audio
    - removed LewaMarket.apk
    - changed kernel (Mason-G-d15rc4-sbc-supersonic-signed)
    - updated lewa (LeWa_U8800x_ROM_12.10.22_9aaa0)
    This is probably the biggest update so far. The LeWa SystemUI is finally up to my standards in stability (it had issues before, such as choppy animations and erratic behavior when moving the notification bar). I changed the settings around quite a bit to hopefully make them a little more intuitive. I removed a couple problematic settings. I also removed the Gexin service (aka Free Messaging Service, aka Wasage). I replaced LeWa's native SD Manager with Mi FileExplorer.

At the moment, the only difference between the experimental release and the primary release is the base. It might be this way for a while, provided the LeWa developers don't make any drastic changes that necessitate further testing.

lewa-12.07.04-supersonic
    - updated lewa (LeWa_ROM_U8800x_12.06.29_d6aa7)
    - removed Gexin
    - added emoji fallback font
    - Mi FileExplorer now replaces LewaFileExplorer
    - changes to Settings
    - * removed LeWa "Performance" from Phone Settings
    - * removed LeWa "Keypad" from Phone Settings
    - * added LeWa "Memory Whitelist" to Phone Settings
    - * added CMParts "Performance" to Phone Settings
    - * added CMParts "Phone Goggles" to Application Settings
    - * added CMParts "Advanced Settings" to Personal Settings
    - * added LeWa "Google services switch" to Application Development Settings
    - * added CMParts "Softkeys & Buttons" to Phone Settings
    - changes to CMParts
    - * changed "CyanogenMod settings" to "Advanced Settings"
    - * removed CMParts "Notification power widget" from Interface Settings
    - * removed CMParts "Status bar tweaks" from Interface Settings
    - * removed CMParts "Input" from Advanced Settings
    - * removed CMParts "Performance" from Advanced Settings
    - * removed CMParts "System" from Advanced Settings
    - * removed CMParts "Tablet tweaks" from Advanced Settings
    - * added LeWa "Keypad" to Softkeys & Buttons
    Bros, PDroid was so effing hard to add. It took me FOREVER to come up with a "future-proof" way of adding it. I tested it on the last 10 versions of LeWa and it worked on all of them. So I'm assuming it will continue to work from here on out.

To get to it, go to Settings->Application->Privacy & Permissions

It should also alert you to optionally adjust permissions whenever an application is installed.

Also raising the 30 MB/month limit in the Data Monitor to 2 GB by default was a huge PITA for me (probably would be a breeze to experienced Java programmers) but it should be "future-proof" as well.
    lewa-12.07.28-supersonic
    - changed Data Monitor default settings
    - added PDroid
    - added Bravia Engine
    - updated lewa (LeWa_ROM_U8800x_12.07.27_222e1)