FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

DVP working 100%

91 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By MrAdelphi02, Member on 4th May 2011, 10:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Originally ordered a 16gb DVP direct from Dell, took 30 days to arrive had frequent lockups...internal speaker wasn't working, couldn't connect to WIFI....asked them to replace, but being from UK they could only collect my phone, repair and re-deliver my phone in a 21 working day period (aka another 30 days wait). I therefore asked for my money back, and got a refund.

I then ordered the 8gb DVP direct from clove http://www.clove.co.uk/ which arrived the next day, had some issues (but a lot less than the 16gb version) mainly due to WIFI, could connect to wifi and run as normal, but d'loading anything over 10mb (such as big games or Youtube HD quality videos) would cause the phone to crash...

I therefore bought a Class 2 32gb Sandick mirco SD card (got it from a shop in London, after hopelessly buying Class 2 cards from the internet and receiving Class 4 cards, which happened 5 times from 5 different internet shops) funny thing is, every shop I walked in to would give me a "Sandisk dont make Class 2 cards in 32gb, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about" look whenever I asked them for it, but eventually after walking into the 20th shop (seriously!) the guy I bought it from, weirdly, was a HTC Windows 7 certified seller, so he knew about the SD Class issues with windows phones..

I followed this method for inserting the sd card..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alodar1

ok, once again, you will not have this problem if you follow the correct steps. Do not remove the card without a hard reset. So do this.
1. Hard reset device
2. Before device restarts, pull battery and pull cars.
3. Replace battery and allow phone to start.
4. Do setup on phone.
5. Using about, check memory.
6. Repeat process above, steps1 & 2.
7. Insert new card
8. Repeat steps above 3-5.

you should have no problem. I did this once again yesterday. Inserted a 32g. No problems. Handed the 16 g to a friend who immediately put it in his 8g. No problems with either.

I then synced it with Zune, and updated the two updates that were available, the Nodo update, then the post nodo update, rendering my phone at 7.0.7392.0.

Using EM diagnostics, SD card is showing as inserted, 0(OK) card status and 30.436 card size, with 29.9 OS disk size, even though I just noticed my RAM is 480.773MB...strange

The phone seriously flies, no lockups, no hang ups, no issues with Wifi...
Had 20 apps/games d'loading at the same time, while browing and listening to Zune music, completely error free..

Only issues now are the camera quality, getting rid of the shutter sound and battery size and this phone is sensational!

(Oh, and touch wood I hope the phone stays this way...fingers crossed )

Btw, does it take other people a long time for other people to sync videos to their DVP via ZUNE, or is it just me??

4th May 2011, 05:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanx for the info. I'm on the fence about buying a DVP, but I want to take a chance. Are you running 100% using wifi, NoDo AND unlocked?
4th May 2011, 11:48 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My phone isn't unlocked (the phone shipped with Nodo already loaded, so couldn't unlock it, may get a developer account, but dont want to spend an extra $99 to do that)....but its 100% using NoDo and wifi....wifi has been on since I changed the SD cards, so its been 3 days now....not one crash
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)