FORUMS

[APP][2.2+][ROOT][WiFi] Reaver-GUI for Android

154 posts
Thanks Meter: 347

By SOEDI, Senior Member on 24th September 2013, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from SOEDI: An Android-GUI for the famous WiFi penetration tool called Reaver-WPS.
26th September 2013, 07:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 410

More
I got stuck on "Waiting for bacon from etc etc.." is it normal?
26th September 2013, 09:24 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmirBuljubasic

I got stuck on "Waiting for bacon from etc etc.." is it normal?

typically that means nobody is using the AP at that time
26th September 2013, 10:09 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Reaver
Stuck on waiting for beacon:
Usually this is a range problem.
Try to start another attack, maybe on a different router.

Stuck on switching wlan0 to channel....:
The only solution I have is to simply restart the attack.
Usually this fixes the problem...
27th September 2013, 12:34 AM |#14  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hey great job on getting this working! Been waiting for this for a while, the aircrack solutions out there just take too long for a phone to crack through wpa/wpa2.

I'm having some issues though btw im on samsung galazy s2x which has the bcm4330. First off the bcmon starts up and enables monitor mode just fine but when I come to scan networks in reaver it nevers successfully finds any. I've tried to increase scan time and i've enables scan fix but nothing seems to work. I know my device is in monitor mode since i can scan for networks on another app, I can also reveice data packets but it's just not working on here any ideas? thanks awesome work!
27th September 2013, 12:50 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
The solution is pretty simple:
RfA scans in Managed-Mode, then enables Monitor-Mode and passes the data to Reaver.
So RfA can handle the Monitor-Mode on it’s own, no need to start bcmon first
Simply start RfA with wifi on

regards,
SOEDI
The Following User Says Thank You to SOEDI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SOEDI Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 03:43 AM |#16  
Flag Ottawa

More
Thanks for the clarification now once I've scanned for networks connections come up like it should but i'm getting a new problem when testing monitoring mode it fails. I believe that this could be because of bcmon since the app doesn't seem to properly install the modded drivers. I could be wrong. I think i'm running into compatibility issues with my rom. I'm using MIUI I'm gonna try cyanogenmod to see if it helps anything.
27th September 2013, 10:55 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi
great work but im having a problem i have a htc wildfire s
evry time i start cracking a network i get (illigal instruction ./reaver wlan....)
and then nothing i think this is from my rom mostly but im not sure
my phone is fully rooted thx in advance
27th September 2013, 01:30 PM |#18  
Flag Ottawa

More
Alright well guess mini was causing problems with it so I guess that's not compatible working great on 4.3

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th September 2013, 02:30 PM |#19  
Flag Roseau
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
I'm on 09/26 cm 10.2 nightly and using galaxy s2, router is Linksys wrt110. First I wasn't able to get past "switching wlan0 to channel 1"
And if I enabled monitor mode in bcmon before scanning in rfa no router is found. how I got it to work was to scan first and once I found my router i tested for monitor mode. Before starting attack i used home button and then open bcmon and enabled monitor mode ( I had already said yes to install tool on first run), press and held home button and went back to rfa and started attack.

This was the result.
I do have a question though.. This was tested on my own router and my password is set to 0123456789 on the router. So what exactly do I have to enter from the result to connect?
I tried this on Kali as well and I got similar result, can remember if it was exact same.
I tried the WPA psk and the pin as passwords and was not able to connect to router. And my router is set to wpa2. Is that why? I kno this is off topic but I'm curious

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nasser4life For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nasser4life Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 02:39 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Wow, seems like RfA has some problems with the S2.
Cool workaround!

Regarding your problem:
The shown WPA PSK is the hash of your real WPA Key.
Sometimes Reaver fails to get the plaintext Key and shows instead the hash.
However, if you use the hash as WPA Key it should work. Had tried this a few times and worked fine

regards,
SOEDI

EDIT:
Of course, you have to use the hash withoud the ' ' as key. Wanted only to mention this
RfA should have shown a Dialog with the Key and a connect button. Did it?
27th September 2013, 03:04 PM |#21  
Flag Roseau
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOEDI

Of course, you have to use the hash withoud the ' ' as key. Wanted only to mention this
RfA should have shown a Dialog with the Key and a connect button. Did it?

No I did not get a dialog. Left it overnight cause I thought it would take a long time. So maybe because the screen was off? I add the hash without the quotes. And got the same problem when I use Kali as well. I just couldn't authenticate with the hash.. You think it has to do with WPA and WPA2? Is there a difference?

Edit: And one more question, is it normal that I have to restart to get WiFi back after turning off monitor mode?
Edit 2: it doesn't auto scroll if the screen if off. Had to swipe a lot to get to button to see results. Maybe you could make the scroll bar larger so we could just hold and drag.. Just an idea, up to you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to nasser4life For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nasser4life Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)