*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

adebilloez

Feb 15, 2004
New version and documentation available!!

Check the first post for details.

Please feel free in expanding the documentation and/or correcting mistakes
if anyone is interested. I'm really bad writing documentation and also my English is not great :(

licht77, this new version contains what you asked for.

adebilloez, try to download the server files that I put in the first post (manual installation) just in case that resolves your problem.

Great it work now !!!

licht77

May 7, 2006
Buginfo: Altitude in the KML file is genereated but is not correct... - for me it needs to be divided by 10... (using the last server files)

Couldnt test speed so far because i am sitting in the office at the moment... :(

Edit: Another thought....
Any ideas how to protect the KML file itself? I guess http-auth isnt flexible enough for those of you who use this app for multiple users... Unfortunately google earth doesnt accept dynamic kml files (blabla.kml.php or so)...

Last edited:

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
New server version incorporating:

1) Corrections to my horrible attempt at basic math (Odie3)
2) Install reads SQL statements from an external (database.sql) file (Staryon)
3) Incorporated a preg_match for the login page for a non-public server (licht77)
4) Changes to index.php to not work unless both install.php and database.sql have been deleted from folder
5) Documentation changes in config.php and Read_Me.txt

This should be a complete package including all of the files from the latest manual install from Staryon. I believe I have incorporated all suggested and requested changes to the install and index code but if I missed something please let me know. As always, if you see a problem please let me know and I will get it fixed ASAP.

Of course you can always get to this Zip from Staryon's first post or just click this link: Latest version of server files

cruchot_

Aug 11, 2007
Hi,

I try to use this great software. The data connection is fine and GPS connectivity too. When I start to gather some data here's what I get (on the PDA) :

Error getdata: FormatException

And nothing else happens.

Any idea ?

Thx :)

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com

3) Incorporated a preg_match for the login page for a non-public server (licht77)
4) Changes to index.php to not work unless both install.php and database.sql have been deleted from folder

This should be a complete package including all of the files from the latest manual install from Staryon. I believe I have incorporated all suggested and requested changes to the install and index code but if I missed something please let me know. As always, if you see a problem please let me know and I will get it fixed ASAP.

Of course you can always get to this Zip from Staryon's first post or just click this link: Latest version of server files

AWESOME! That's perfect. I think that's all what we need to have just one installation package. If you are ok, you can provide me with updates of index.php and install.php and I will put those files with my files, so you don't have to worry every time I make a change.

By doing that, we offer just one link to the users, instead of having an automatic and a manual installation.

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
AWESOME! That's perfect. I think that's all what we need to have just one installation package. If you are ok, you can provide me with updates of index.php and install.php and I will put those files with my files, so you don't have to worry every time I make a change.

By doing that, we offer just one link to the users, instead of having an automatic and a manual installation.

Absolutely. So all you need from me are changes to:

install.php
index.php
config.php

If I make changes I will zip and email them to you and you can incorporate them in your first post. Can you clean up the first post a bit? Put the links at the top of the post so we don't have to search so far down and make the images a bit smaller? The more information added the more difficult it is to follow that post. Just my .02...

If you will grab the latest zip file and get those files from it I will delete it from my server completely. Let me know when you have it and I will remove it.

From now on if you guys want the latest of my files get them from the first post on the main page of this thread. Staryon will provide update notices in the forum.

mskovrinskie

Feb 17, 2006
Is there a daemon mode for TrackMe? Ideally I would like to have this start automatically in the background so that it is always running on a reboot. As it stands now, if I drop a shortcut into \Windows\Startup, it will start but it leaves the GUI in the foreground and keeps the screen from powering off.

An option to run at startup in background would be great!

cruchot_

Aug 11, 2007
I've juste switched my regional setting to "English (United-States)" and it's working great :D

Thank you :)

cruchot_

Aug 11, 2007
I've just switched my regional settings to "English (United-States)" and it's working great :D

Thank you :)

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Absolutely. So all you need from me are changes to:

install.php
index.php
config.php

If I make changes I will zip and email them to you and you can incorporate them in your first post. Can you clean up the first post a bit? Put the links at the top of the post so we don't have to search so far down and make the images a bit smaller? The more information added the more difficult it is to follow that post. Just my .02...

If you will grab the latest zip file and get those files from it I will delete it from my server completely. Let me know when you have it and I will remove it.

From now on if you guys want the latest of my files get them from the first post on the main page of this thread. Staryon will provide update notices in the forum.

Ok! I just got the files. I will also change my first post. Good idea!

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
Well, the user/password get trips bug hit me this morning but getting the new cab fixed it. Before when I chose <NONE> for a trip name, the name would start with "Trip" then YYYYMMDD. Now it is just YYYYMMDD... why is that?

Also, all my positions had "0" for speed and Alt on my trip from home to work for some reason. I deleted most of my trips and ran it again outside my office, one time no Speed/Alt then the other 3 times it worked. Not sure what is going on there but I think *something* is lurking in the code that may not pass Speed/Alt up to the database.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Well, the user/password get trips bug hit me this morning but getting the new cab fixed it. Before when I chose <NONE> for a trip name, the name would start with "Trip" then YYYYMMDD. Now it is just YYYYMMDD... why is that?

I removed the 'Trip_' because it looks very confusing when you are using GE with the realtime tracking.
Actually still looks confusing, so I may change it again :(

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
I am not 100% sure but I think that export.php needs updating, where the vars need to be higher in the file, like right below "require_once('config.php');"

Or at least that is what daesimps said a few pages back.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I am not 100% sure but I think that export.php needs updating, where the vars need to be higher in the file, like right below "require_once('config.php');"

Yes, I fixed that problem yesterday. You can try to download the Installation package again from the first page. It contains the latest changes.

By the way, now we only have one installation package instead of a 'manual' and a 'automatic'

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com

The export.php is Staryon's code so he is maintaining the master copy.

I have removed the zip file from my server so if you try to click one of the previous links you will get a 404. Get the files from the first post of this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir