FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

F22's Latest Rootfs (Apr 19th, 2011) Highlandsun's RIL Support Patches Merged + More

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 143

By F22, Senior Member on 31st January 2011, 06:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st February 2011, 07:04 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
rhod 500 issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22

Hmmm...that looks exactly as it should. Is anyone else with a rhod500 experiencing this issue? When I return later tonight I'll tell my rhodium it has a 500 kbd and see if I experience the same issue. The three microp front panel buttons (call, menu, back) are the same across all of the model layouts.

I've confirmed that there is an issue with the microp key layout file for the rhod500. I am looking into it. With the tilt2 bug now fixed, this is the only existing bug I'm currently aware of in this rootfs.

1st February 2011, 08:38 PM |#22  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 17,876

More
good work f22 I'll test out the new one shortly
*edit-

It's working correctly again on tilt2 - oh and we do have an envelope button it's directly left of the space bar.
1st February 2011, 09:39 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomblame

good work f22 I'll test out the new one shortly
*edit-

It's working correctly again on tilt2 - oh and we do have an envelope button it's directly left of the space bar.

Let me clarify that statment of mine. The Tilt2/Rhod 300 doesn't have a dedicated envelope key the way the others do. The primary duty of that key on the 300 is to print a comma. Unfortunately search/short-cut functionality is dependent upon the keycode and that is assigned at the layout level in android. So I can't assign search/short-cut to fn-, in the keymap. On the other hand if I assigned the keycode SEARCH to the scan code for the comma key in the layout, you'd get search/short-cut every time you pressed that key, even when you only wanted to print a comma. That issue doesn't exist on the other rhodium models currently in the git tree because they have dedicated envelope keys that have no other purpose.

BTW, I'm glad to hear it's working properly on the Tilt2 now.
2nd February 2011, 07:02 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
hey f22 so i tried out your new rootfs and it goes to home by putting b4home in the startup text but i cant seem to figure out how to make it bring up the recent app folder. Right now i just switched back to your old rootfs that you made awhile back
2nd February 2011, 08:55 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas d

hey f22 so i tried out your new rootfs and it goes to home by putting b4home in the startup text but i cant seem to figure out how to make it bring up the recent app folder. Right now i just switched back to your old rootfs that you made awhile back

The correct startup option for the new rootfs is: b4HOME

Linux is case-sensitive, so HOME needs to be capitalized.
The Following User Says Thank You to F22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F22 Ad-Free
2nd February 2011, 01:42 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Rhod500 Bug Fixed!
Finally squashed the rhod 500 bug. The layout file was failing to load due to a typo. The first post has been updated with a link to the latest rootfs image. Thank you jmstumme for reporting this one. All known bugs have been fixed. If anyone is still encountering problems with this rootfs please report them.
2nd February 2011, 02:56 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is great, thanks! Been playing with it for a bit on my Tilt2 and I've noticed a couple of things (and being an Android newbie/noob maybe the cause):
  • Using PPT as the search key, when I press PPT with any of the shortcut keys it brings up the search with the shortcut key in the search box. No matter how fast I press the key there is always at least one character in the search box.
  • This may be an app issue, but not all the keys function in Terminal Emulator (both from Dev Tools and "Android Terminal Emulator" from the Market). It seems like it's mostly the useful ones (_ ! $ ctrl/ok), though being able to get the pipe with fn-l is awesome!

My Tilt2 thanks you, you've saved it from an "accidental" fall into a toilet for at least a few more days
2nd February 2011, 03:42 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrEOF

This is great, thanks! Been playing with it for a bit on my Tilt2 and I've noticed a couple of things (and being an Android newbie/noob maybe the cause):
[*]Using PPT as the search key, when I press PPT with any of the shortcut keys it brings up the search with the shortcut key in the search box. No matter how fast I press the key there is always at least one character in the search box.

Shortcuts require you to hold down the search key while pressing a letter or number. It's a bit counterintuitive, I know, since shift/fn/caps all only require one short press before pressing another character, while Search needs to be held down as you press the other character. I suspect it's because Search was originally intended to be a button, and buttons unlike keys, were given a "long press" function. So opening up short-cuts is Search's "long press" function.

Quote:

[*]This may be an app issue, but not all the keys function in Terminal Emulator (both from Dev Tools and "Android Terminal Emulator" from the Market). It seems like it's mostly the useful ones (_ ! $ ctrl/ok), though being able to get the pipe with fn-l is awesome![/LIST]

Apps aren't required to respect the keymap. They're free to do what they want with the keycodes that are sent to them. For example, terminal emulator doesn't respect the symbol key, but the browser does.

Quote:

My Tilt2 thanks you, you've saved it from an "accidental" fall into a toilet for at least a few more days

My pleasure.
The Following User Says Thank You to F22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F22 Ad-Free
2nd February 2011, 04:14 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22

Shortcuts require you to hold down the search key while pressing a letter or number. It's a bit counterintuitive, I know, since shift/fn/caps all only require one short press before pressing another character, while Search needs to be held down as you press the other character. I suspect it's because Search was originally intended to be a button, and buttons unlike keys, were given a "long press" function. So opening up short-cuts is Search's "long press" function.

I think maybe it's not working correctly then? If I just press the PPT button, nothing happens. If I press one of the shortcut keys (on the hardware keyboard) while holding PPT I get the behavior noted above. It sounds like PTT-B should bring up the browser? I get a "search bar" with the character "b" in it with a list of results below it (Browser, BBC, best buy, bank of america). I checked in the Quick Launch settings and they are all set to default (like you listed). Not that this is really an issue for me since I don't know if I'd really use it much (or at all before this update), just wanted to give the feedback.

Thanks again!
2nd February 2011, 04:42 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrEOF

I think maybe it's not working correctly then? If I just press the PPT button, nothing happens. If I press one of the shortcut keys (on the hardware keyboard) while holding PPT I get the behavior noted above. It sounds like PTT-B should bring up the browser? I get a "search bar" with the character "b" in it with a list of results below it (Browser, BBC, best buy, bank of america). I checked in the Quick Launch settings and they are all set to default (like you listed). Not that this is really an issue for me since I don't know if I'd really use it much (or at all before this update), just wanted to give the feedback.

Thanks again!

Please post your startup.txt.
2nd February 2011, 04:47 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22

Please post your startup.txt.

Here you go:

Code:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 hw3d.force=1 b4HOME physkeyboard=tilt2-pttSEARCH"
boot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)